Author Topic: Lt. Governor? E.W. Jackson is aiming too low  (Read 843 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Lt. Governor? E.W. Jackson is aiming too low
« on: June 22, 2013, 10:32:22 AM »
EDIT: Apparently this is a "thing". I came across it on facebook a couple times, and it's now linked at AoSHQ.

One phrase that he uses repeatedly that I think needs to be duplicated EVERYWHERE because it will resonate with a majority of people is, "We do not need the government's permission..." The image of asking permission of a central national government for XY or Z is strong enough to cause a visceral reaction in many people. The fight should not be just against the free sh*t army, but against the concept of asking permission for everything as a consequence of free sh*t.

The Speech That Rocked Virginia

E.W. Jackson's Convention Speech - May 18th, 2013
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 10:48:41 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Lt. Governor? E.W. Jackson is aiming too low
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
This is the reason why I am reluctant to abandon conservative candidates (who happen to run under the Republican flag).

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 01:26:24 PM »
This is the reason why I am reluctant to abandon conservative candidates (who happen to run under the Republican flag).

My problem lies in conservative candidates quickly becoming elected RINOs.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 02:51:34 PM »

My problem lies in conservative candidates quickly becoming elected RINOs.

I absolutely agree. I told you (editorial "you") about my interaction at the Memorial Day remembrance ceremony - the guy I helped get elected to the state senate as (an alleged) conservative, and who stuck his rump up in the air over faggot "marriage" approached my brother and I and asked for our support in his upcoming election. I told him that he was a traitor to the cause and he absolutely could not depend on my vote.

"Fool me once..."

Now as far as I know this E.J. Jackson could be fooling the residents of Virginia. In that case you withdraw your support - and make sure to tell them why.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 02:15:22 PM »
Hard to enter a voting booth and not wonder if I am only fooling myself, that my vote counts, that my vote is not being invalidated by cheats and liars, that politics matters a damn.  I usually continue the act but realize it for what it is - the longest of longshots.

Our problems will only be resolved for good or ill by pain and blood.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 09:27:41 PM »
Hard to enter a voting booth and not wonder if I am only fooling myself, that my vote counts, that my vote is not being invalidated by cheats and liars, that politics matters a damn.  I usually continue the act but realize it for what it is - the longest of longshots.

Our problems will only be resolved for good or ill by pain and blood.
Yep, the Tree of Liberty is parched.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:28:28 AM »

Yep.  There are few, however.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 06:13:27 PM »
[This is the reason why I am reluctant to abandon conservative candidates (who happen to run under the Republican flag).

I am with you on this but it gets harder and harder to trust. A resent example is Rubio, I am extremely dissapointed in him.

I absolutely agree. I told you (editorial "you") about my interaction at the Memorial Day remembrance ceremony - the guy I helped get elected to the state senate as (an alleged) conservative, and who stuck his rump up in the air over faggot "marriage" approached my brother and I and asked for our support in his upcoming election. I told him that he was a traitor to the cause and he absolutely could not depend on my vote.

Good for you and your brother!!!!!!!! I would have liked to have been there to see the look on the traitors face.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 06:51:27 AM »
Speaking of traitors...

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,8504.new.html

...they're everywhere!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.