Author Topic: USSC strikes down DOMA  (Read 1552 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
USSC strikes down DOMA
« on: June 26, 2013, 10:07:09 AM »
In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court made history by striking down the Defense of Marriage Act in the Windsor v. United States case, ruling it unconstitutional on equal protection grounds.

The majority opinion was written by Justice Anthony Kennedy.   Chief Justice Roberts and Justices Scalia, Thomas, and Alito were in dissent.

H/T Drudge

The piece linked above includes excerpts of the Justices' opinions, which are worth reading.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: USSC strikes down DOMA
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 10:36:07 AM »

Well, I'm not confused; they struck down DOMA but ruled Prop 8,
which says marriage is only between a man and a woman, valid. ?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 10:37:14 AM »
Say goodnight Gracie...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 11:30:09 AM »
"It is one thing for a society to elect change; it is another for a court of law to impose change by adjudging those who oppose it hostes humani generis, enemies of the human race." - Justice Antonin Scalia, Dissenting opinion 6-26-13.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/domesticpolicy/scalia-high-handed-kennedy-has-declared-us-enemies-of-the-human-race-20130626

Turnabout if fair play...especially in a no-rules anything-goes society Kennedy and the other 4 deviant-loving anarchists wish to impose...so...I declare them, the homosexers and all their supporters hostes humani generis!  Treat them accordingly, no man on earth is qualified to judge anything you might do to them.  Go forth and conquer.

ETA - Kennedy...I think even Ronald Reagan would admit that appointing this asshat to the court was the biggest blunder he ever made bar none!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:54:42 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »
So what does this mean then? I thought DOMA simply stated that a state does not have to recognize same sex "marriages" performed in other states. Are they now saying that, in fact, a state does have to recognize them? Then all that does is make the most permissive state the de facto law of the land, able to dictate to the other 49 56 states what their policies shall be.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »

This litigation isn't over.  Lawyers said it reads that a state may legalize this unnatural union but if the couple moves to a state that does not recognize unnatural unions they will not be considered married in that state.  However, they will get all federal recognition as an unnaturally married couple in that state, ie. Social Security, filing federal income tax, etc.
                                                                                        ::USA::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 03:05:51 PM »
This litigation isn't over.

In truth that's just a small (and getting smaller by the moment) piece of the puzzle. There will be blowback from the fags agitating. Actions have consequences and consequences are often unpredictable. This "live & let live" guy is no more - I now have nothing but angry contempt for the homo lobby. I want them the hell away from me - by any means necessary.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 04:55:50 PM »

As a youth I often wondered how/why the Germans allowed Hitler to gain power.
Never in my daydream life did I wonder what life as a Nazi or life in a world of
anarchy would be like.  I think the answer may discover me.

ETA:  http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/12pdf/12-307_g2bh.pdf
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 05:13:13 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 08:49:51 AM »
As a youth, I took solace in that Nazism, Communism, Retardism, ect could never take hold in America, because nobody would ever give up the greatest form of government in history, that million died for creating and solidifying, and was in operation giving us the highest living standard in the world.

Then I grew up.

::upsidedownflag::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 02:19:36 PM »
Here we go - http://bigstory.ap.org/article/mich-ban-domestic-partner-benefits-blocked

So, to Glock's point...I guess the Fed's think state laws can go to Hell.

Figures this asshat Judge is a Clintonoid!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_M._Lawson

State should give the Judge the Andrew Jackson treatment..."John Marshall David Lawson has made his decision; now let him enforce it!"

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 09:25:13 PM »
Want this here for the record:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2013/June/Covert-Agenda-US-Didnt-Become-Pro-Gay-Overnight/

... Ten years ago, CBN News began exposing a secret, long-term strategy to convert America into a pro-gay culture.

... Is there an actual agenda at work here?

Authors Alan Sears and Craig Osten, in a book called The Homosexual Agenda, warn about a complex and well-thought-out strategy to make America "gay friendly" and hostile to those who resist.    

These Christian authors quote extensively from After the Ball, a 1989 gay manifesto that laid out this agenda.

Many gays deny such an agenda exists.

Gay activist Toni Broaddus, the executive director of Equality California, asserts, "There's no secret plan or even public plan at this point."

But the authors of After the Ball discuss in the book about a 1988 summit of gay leaders in Warrenton, Va., who came together to agree on the agenda.

These authors are Marshall Kirk, a reportedly brilliant researcher into the brain, and Hunter Madsen, a Harvard-trained expert in public persuasion tactics.

The two men proposed using tactics on 'straight' America that are remarkably similar to the brainwashing methods of Mao Tse-Tung's Communist Chinese -- mixed with Madison Avenue's most persuasive selling techniques.

The purpose of this brainwashing?

According to Kirk and Hudson, it is to use "...the very processes that made America hate us, to turn their hatred into warm regard -- whether they like it or not."

First, they proposed homosexuals and their liberal allies should desensitize heterosexuals by getting homosexuality talked about as much as possible in the straight world.

"The main thing," the authors said, "is talk about gayness until the issue becomes thoroughly tiresome…You can forget about trying right up front to persuade folks that homosexuality is a 'good' thing.  But if you can get them to think it is just 'another' thing, meriting no more than a shrug of the shoulders -- then your battle for legal and social rights is virtually won."

Sears said, "We're talking about a demand for a behavior that not only wants to not be condemned, but to have every affirmation from every possible point that it is correct, it's good and it's approved."

Now look at the media. Over the past decade there was a tidal wave of gays and gay themes -- the Showtime hit "The L Word" follows the lives of a group of lesbians.

From shows like NBC's "Will and Grace" to ABC's "Modern Family, gay themed shows have taken a prominent role in primetime.

"Desperate Housewives" and "The Office" even made time for the occasional gay guy subplot.

Gays as Victims

Another point that Kirk and Madsen push is to "portray gays as victims of circumstance and oppression, not as aggressive challengers...Gays must be portrayed as victims in need of protection, so that straights will be inclined, by reflex, to assume the role of protector."

Benjamin Bull of the Alliance Defense Fund said, "Suddenly those who choose homosexual behavior...sodomy...are victims.  It's crazy!"

But have homosexuals won on getting themselves seen as a persecuted minority?

Turning to the movies, the wildly-popular "Saved" portrays born-again Christians as cruel homophobes trying to re-program poor, young misunderstood gays in their midst.

"Trembling Before God" is about how Orthodox and Hasidic homosexuals are persecuted and not accepted.

"The Conspiracy of Silence" argues that some gay priests are hounded to death because they cannot act out their homosexuality.    

And the good, kind, understanding homosexual next door has been seen in so many movies and TV series that he has become somewhat of a cliché.

These days, roughly 30 regular homosexual characters are being beamed into your home by the major networks every week.

As Kirk and Madsen put it, "The average American watches over seven hours of TV daily.  Those hours open up a gateway into the private world of straights, through which a Trojan Horse might be passed."

*Originally published in June 2006. Revised in 2013.

And, as it is indeed everywhere, it is also indeed tiresome; in almost every tv show, movie, news story ........ it's sickening because there's no escaping.  But, I do NOT accept and because I'm being bombarded, I also no longer tolerate, either.

Oh yeah, H/T bonz.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 12:26:20 PM »
Want this here for the record:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2013/June/Covert-Agenda-US-Didnt-Become-Pro-Gay-Overnight/

... Ten years ago, CBN News began exposing a secret, long-term strategy to convert America into a pro-gay culture.

... Is there an actual agenda at work here?

Authors Alan Sears and Craig Osten, in a book called The Homosexual Agenda, warn about a complex and well-thought-out strategy to make America "gay friendly" and hostile to those who resist.    

These Christian authors quote extensively from After the Ball, a 1989 gay manifesto that laid out this agenda.

Many gays deny such an agenda exists.

Gay activist Toni Broaddus, the executive director of Equality California, asserts, "There's no secret plan or even public plan at this point."

But the authors of After the Ball discuss in the book about a 1988 summit of gay leaders in Warrenton, Va., who came together to agree on the agenda.

These authors are Marshall Kirk, a reportedly brilliant researcher into the brain, and Hunter Madsen, a Harvard-trained expert in public persuasion tactics.

The two men proposed using tactics on 'straight' America that are remarkably similar to the brainwashing methods of Mao Tse-Tung's Communist Chinese -- mixed with Madison Avenue's most persuasive selling techniques.

The purpose of this brainwashing?

According to Kirk and Hudson, it is to use "...the very processes that made America hate us, to turn their hatred into warm regard -- whether they like it or not."

First, they proposed homosexuals and their liberal allies should desensitize heterosexuals by getting homosexuality talked about as much as possible in the straight world.

"The main thing," the authors said, "is talk about gayness until the issue becomes thoroughly tiresome…You can forget about trying right up front to persuade folks that homosexuality is a 'good' thing.  But if you can get them to think it is just 'another' thing, meriting no more than a shrug of the shoulders -- then your battle for legal and social rights is virtually won."

Sears said, "We're talking about a demand for a behavior that not only wants to not be condemned, but to have every affirmation from every possible point that it is correct, it's good and it's approved."

Now look at the media. Over the past decade there was a tidal wave of gays and gay themes -- the Showtime hit "The L Word" follows the lives of a group of lesbians.

From shows like NBC's "Will and Grace" to ABC's "Modern Family, gay themed shows have taken a prominent role in primetime.

"Desperate Housewives" and "The Office" even made time for the occasional gay guy subplot.

Gays as Victims

Another point that Kirk and Madsen push is to "portray gays as victims of circumstance and oppression, not as aggressive challengers...Gays must be portrayed as victims in need of protection, so that straights will be inclined, by reflex, to assume the role of protector."

Benjamin Bull of the Alliance Defense Fund said, "Suddenly those who choose homosexual behavior...sodomy...are victims.  It's crazy!"

But have homosexuals won on getting themselves seen as a persecuted minority?

Turning to the movies, the wildly-popular "Saved" portrays born-again Christians as cruel homophobes trying to re-program poor, young misunderstood gays in their midst.

"Trembling Before God" is about how Orthodox and Hasidic homosexuals are persecuted and not accepted.

"The Conspiracy of Silence" argues that some gay priests are hounded to death because they cannot act out their homosexuality.    

And the good, kind, understanding homosexual next door has been seen in so many movies and TV series that he has become somewhat of a cliché.

These days, roughly 30 regular homosexual characters are being beamed into your home by the major networks every week.

As Kirk and Madsen put it, "The average American watches over seven hours of TV daily.  Those hours open up a gateway into the private world of straights, through which a Trojan Horse might be passed."

*Originally published in June 2006. Revised in 2013.

And, as it is indeed everywhere, it is also indeed tiresome; in almost every tv show, movie, news story ........ it's sickening because there's no escaping.  But, I do NOT accept and because I'm being bombarded, I also no longer tolerate, either.

Oh yeah, H/T bonz.

That's it.
They are using this technique across the board.
Amnesty, this bill is worse than the last one, and not nearly the outrage.
Did you see the atheist monolith placed next to the 10 Commandments in FL?
Incrementalism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 08:00:39 PM »
It has definitely been a rapid transformation.  I remember being at the beach in the early 90s, in those big souvenir stores that are on every corner, and all the "suggestive" t-shirts were a subject of great amusement to my 14 year old self. But in particular I remember one shirt that was a take off on the Trix cereal rabbit.  It said "Silly Faggot, Dicks are for Chicks".  Yes, crude and hardly something to wear in polite company. But the point is, that was representative of attitudes at the time. It was considered crude humor, but not some great horrific -ism that demanded an immediate candle light vigil.

By the end of that decade the same t-shirt would bring out full blown apoplexy. It's a rapid transformation, so rapid that it is clearly an engineered one.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 08:47:22 PM »
So rapid a transformation (degeneration) that it would now be perfectly acceptable in many cosmopolitan areas to have one that reads, "Silly Breeders, Dicks aren't for Chicks"

::gaah::