Author Topic: Russian forces to provide "security" at US events  (Read 3092 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Russian forces to provide "security" at US events
« on: July 01, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »
As part of a deal signed last week in Washington DC between the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry and FEMA, Russian officials will provide “security at mass events” in the United States, a scenario that won’t sit well with Americans wary of foreign assets operating on US soil.

According to a press release by the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense and Emergencies, US and Russian officials met on June 25 at the 17th Joint U.S.-Russia Cooperation Committee on Emergency Situations.

In addition to agreeing with FEMA to “exchange experts during joint rescue operations in major disasters,” the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry will also be providing “security at mass events” in the United States.

This suggests that events designated as “National Special Security Events” by the Department of Homeland Security, which include the Super Bowl, international summits such as the G8 and presidential inaugurations, will now rely partly on Russian authorities to provide security.

The meeting last week also agreed on the conclusion that US and Russian emergency authorities will increase their co-operation, “in order to respond efficiently to all kinds of disasters.”

The use of foreign troops or other officials in a law enforcement capacity providing “security” inside the United States is illegal under Posse Comitatus. Capt. William Geddes of the U.S. Army Reserve acknowledged last year that it is against federal law to use US troops to conduct police patrols, despite the fact that such occurrences are becoming increasingly common. The use of foreign troops is an even more clear cut violation of Posse Comitatus.

http://www.infowars.com/russian-forces-to-provide-security-at-us-events/

H/T Drudge
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Russian forces to provide "security" at US events
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 05:00:32 PM »
WTF.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 05:30:08 PM »
As in WTF!?!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 05:33:49 PM »
As in WTF!?!

Yes. As in I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe. Nothing is as I thought it was.

And I'm quite sure that that, in and of itself, is a large chunk of their goal. Disorientation.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »
We've been going back and forth on whether or not our military will fire on us; I'm damn well sure the Russians will.  I'd like to know what Congress has to say about this .... if they even know.

This will not end well.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 06:13:58 PM »
We've been going back and forth on whether or not our military will fire on us; I'm damn well sure the Russians will.  I'd like to know what Congress has to say about this .... if they even know.

This will not end well.

Respectfully...you're looking at this the wrong way. Some folks expressed ambivalence at the thought of firing upon soldiers if SHTF - I don't have a nanosecond's hesitation at dropping a ruskkie should he pull onto my block.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 07:12:32 PM »

This will not end well.

Respectfully...you're looking at this the wrong way. Some folks expressed ambivalence at the thought of firing upon soldiers if SHTF - I don't have a nanosecond's hesitation at dropping a ruskkie should he pull onto my block.

Sure, sure, just like you to present the bright side.   ;)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 07:36:45 PM »
As part of a deal signed last week in Washington DC between the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry and FEMA, Russian officials will provide “security at mass events” in the United States, a scenario that won’t sit well with Americans wary of foreign assets operating on US soil.

According to a press release by the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense and Emergencies, US and Russian officials met on June 25 at the 17th Joint U.S.-Russia Cooperation Committee on Emergency Situations.

In addition to agreeing with FEMA to “exchange experts during joint rescue operations in major disasters,” the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry will also be providing “security at mass events” in the United States.

This suggests that events designated as “National Special Security Events” by the Department of Homeland Security, which include the Super Bowl, international summits such as the G8 and presidential inaugurations, will now rely partly on Russian authorities to provide security.

The meeting last week also agreed on the conclusion that US and Russian emergency authorities will increase their co-operation, “in order to respond efficiently to all kinds of disasters.”

The use of foreign troops or other officials in a law enforcement capacity providing “security” inside the United States is illegal under Posse Comitatus. Capt. William Geddes of the U.S. Army Reserve acknowledged last year that it is against federal law to use US troops to conduct police patrols, despite the fact that such occurrences are becoming increasingly common. The use of foreign troops is an even more clear cut violation of Posse Comitatus.

http://www.infowars.com/russian-forces-to-provide-security-at-us-events/

H/T Drudge

So violating the law...again. And, just what the hell is this gonna cost. I'm sure this isn't free.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 07:40:26 PM »
And that's entirely what it's all about. They know there is going to be direct resistance against them, probably sooner rather than later, and both their ability to contain it and the disposition of their own forces are in doubt. In essence, they're forging the relationships with their foreign mercenaries that they plan to use against the American people.  Seems a few years ago there was some hubbub about Russian "security forces" operating in Colorado or somewhere in the mountain west.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 07:45:35 PM »

This will not end well.

Sure, sure, just like you to present the bright side.   ;)

Well since we're all such sunny optimists these days, here's another: at least they'll bring plenty of 5.45 and 7.62x39 with them :)

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »
how trustworthy is infowars?
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 08:19:09 PM »
More trustworthy than any of the alphabet networks.

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 08:26:15 PM »
More trustworthy than any of the alphabet networks.

True dat. They'd have to lie continuously to be that bad. Infowars just draws questionable conclusions frequently.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 08:52:29 PM »
I think Alex Jones and the Infowars people engage in a bit of deliberate hyperbole. You might say that discredits, but I have come to see a certain wisdom in it and have even started using it myself in online discussions or conversations with people. We have such a high degree of normalcy bias, mass collective Stockholm Syndrome, that occasionally people need to hear news presented in an outlandish way.

I've listened to his podcast somewhat regularly since December. At the time the latest Feinstein gun grab was in full frontal assault mode, and I wanted to hear bombastic defiance. It wasn't enough to listen to my "regulars" (Limbaugh, Levin, etc) argue against her in their more measured way. But anyhow as a consequence of starting to listen to him more, I came to enjoy his show even as frequently out-there as it was. I'll also say that I find him to be very genuine. The guy is tireless. He does his show 6 days a week, and will often just tack on another hour at the end. He lets phone callers say pretty much whatever they want, and will hold them over a commercial break to let them finish their point. Though he and the Infowars team will often end up at bizarre conclusions, he has an instinctive distrust of authority and I have no doubts that he will reliably come down on the side of individual liberty whatever the issue.

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 09:07:57 PM »
As in WTF!?!

this could be the issue

::dueling::  ::rockets::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 06:48:32 AM »

This will not end well.

Being a Cold War vet I have no problem dropping a few Rooskies that dare cross my path.  Invited or not, they do not belong, they violate our Law...as a foreign invader I'll be glad to drop them as well as their treasonous handlers.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 06:52:06 AM »
And that's entirely what it's all about. They know there is going to be direct resistance against them, probably sooner rather than later, and both their ability to contain it and the disposition of their own forces are in doubt. In essence, they're forging the relationships with their foreign mercenaries that they plan to use against the American people.  Seems a few years ago there was some hubbub about Russian "security forces" operating in Colorado or somewhere in the mountain west.

I remember something about that.  While it is not unusual for foreign military personnel to train at our bases (even nominally friendly sorts)...letting them operate in the nation at large is a line that has never been crossed.  They cross this line, we could have a hot civil war in no time...and involving a foreign power makes this even nastier.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 12:55:44 PM »
Most people aren't going to get out of their La Z Boys for gay marriage or abortion etc.  Ruskies patrolling the Super Bowl or whatever will tick them off. Many Americans still remember the Russians were the bad guys (even if you didn't keep up with the news--they were popular villains for tv, movies and literature).
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 01:25:04 PM »
Most people aren't going to get out of their La Z Boys for gay marriage or abortion etc.  Ruskies patrolling the Super Bowl or whatever will tick them off. Many Americans still remember the Russians were the bad guys (even if you didn't keep up with the news--they were popular villains for tv, movies and literature).

They're still the villains because today's real horrible bad guys, 'slims, are *never* the enemy; if they're involved at all (think NCIS Los Angeles), they're always innocent dupes.  We've stopped watching because it just got disgusting.  And because LL Cool J as a peaceful, patriotic, muslim NCIS agent ain't credible.

So, the aforementioned Russkies; will we know they're not American?  Are they going to be wearing blue helmets, or what?

BTW, I heard Beck pooh-poohing this this morning.  Of all people.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 02:16:29 PM »
Most people aren't going to get out of their La Z Boys for gay marriage or abortion etc.  Ruskies patrolling the Super Bowl or whatever will tick them off. Many Americans still remember the Russians were the bad guys (even if you didn't keep up with the news--they were popular villains for tv, movies and literature).

They're still the villains because today's real horrible bad guys, 'slims, are *never* the enemy; if they're involved at all (think NCIS Los Angeles), they're always innocent dupes.  We've stopped watching because it just got disgusting.  And because LL Cool J as a peaceful, patriotic, muslim NCIS agent ain't credible.

So, the aforementioned Russkies; will we know they're not American?  Are they going to be wearing blue helmets, or what?

BTW, I heard Beck pooh-poohing this this morning.  Of all people.

He also likes to do CYA for his pals and the weepy/preachy "peace-is-the-answer" naïveté just infuriates me.

That's probably why I am listening to more Metal Mix and Classic Metal channels on my phone in the morning...

::outrage::