Author Topic: Tesla review  (Read 2400 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Tesla review
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 12:30:10 PM »
So, let's add it up:  we're subsidizing through tax money the manufacture and purchase of the electric cars and the electricity to charge them at Walgreen's through higher prices at the store.  How nice for the "virtuous".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
So, let's add it up:  we're subsidizing through tax money the manufacture and purchase of the electric cars and the electricity to charge them at Walgreen's through higher prices at the store.  How nice for the "virtuous".

Yes, great isn't it?

they couldn't do it without the government but they're sooooo much better than us who try to minimize our dependence on the government
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 01:30:42 PM »
HotAir just posted a link to the Weasel Zippers article link that I posted above. It's a great story and, like the phoniness of recycling, it needs to become common knowledge:

Green doesn't work unless it makes economic sense. Period. If it requires subsidies, tax credits, etc. then it does not work. If you don't get paid to do it then it does not work. If there isn't a reasonable return on investment then it does not work. And most of all, if there is not a market demand for it then it does not work.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 01:51:07 PM »
You know what is to be expected?  Somebody owning a Tesla plugged into an outlet anywhere (not just Walgreen's) getting keyed, tires slashed...windows busted...messages spray painted...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 04:03:40 PM »
  Wait till those saviors of the planet find out that their car dropped 33 1/2%in value the second they drove off the lot.I had the article about a week ago and can't find it.We had a used Volt for three months on the lot and finally took it to the auction to get our ass handed to us with the loss we had to take to get it out of our lives.

Right now we have 6 new ones and not one soul even asks about them in the sense of maybe a purchase or lease and it's been about four months since they came on the lot.I called this last year and it's only going to get worse for those cars across the board.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie