Author Topic: "My (2A) right trumps your dead (children)"  (Read 1304 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: "My (2A) right trumps your dead (children)"
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 11:35:39 AM »
Bravo!

What, they didn't have him hauled out by the cops for raising his voice?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 12:55:12 PM »
There needs to be more speeches like this one in legislatures all over America.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »
There needs to be more speeches like this one in legislatures all over America.

AMEN!!!!!! ::USA::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:51:06 PM »
Hands down, one of the best I've heard!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 05:20:05 PM »
  Hit every point dead on!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »
I found it a deeply rousing and emotional speech, and agreed wholeheartedly, but I do think one major point was missed. The blood of these children and many more is upon the hands of those who voted for and support these criminal safe zones, that we call "gun-free-schools!"  These zones and others like them invite these criminally insane people to come and kill with impunity until they are sure their names have made history. The blood of their victims is on your hands, Mr. Legislator.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »
I found it a deeply rousing and emotional speech, and agreed wholeheartedly, but I do think one major point was missed. The blood of these children and many more is upon the hands of those who voted for and support these criminal safe zones, that we call "gun-free-schools!"  These zones and others like them invite these criminally insane people to come and kill with impunity until they are sure their names have made history. The blood of their victims is on your hands, Mr. Legislator.

I agree.  I think all the gun-grabbing safe-zone demons all have blood on their hands.  But I'll cut this fella some slack, he appeared to sincerely be passionate about his views and effectively delivered them, all in all a stellar pushback on the statists...asking them to be the first to kick down a citizens door was aces!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.