Author Topic: Botched Paramilitary Police Raids: An Interactive Map  (Read 1468 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Botched Paramilitary Police Raids: An Interactive Map
« on: July 06, 2013, 02:37:46 AM »
We've had many discussions about the increasing militarization of police departments. The violations continue to mount and become more brazen.

If there was any doubt about the pervasiveness of the problem, Cato has an interactive map at the link that paints quite and ugly picture. I would suggest that the term "botched" only applies in some of the circumstances. Others, I'm afraid that corruption and mission-creep are producing a purposeful effect that is no mistake.

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids: An Interactive Map
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Botched Paramilitary Police Raids: An Interactive Map
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 09:03:36 AM »
That map is well intended but represents only the very tip of a massive iceberg. The po-po are out of control.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 02:53:07 PM »

Yeah, it's a very limited representation of actual mal-events.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 07:26:34 PM »
Underreported...like sexual assaults.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.