Author Topic: Women in combat  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Women in combat
« on: July 06, 2013, 12:14:01 PM »
For years I had heard a statistic from both the Army and the Marine Corps that said a high percentage of female recruits were unable to throw hand grenades far enough to assure their own position is outside the kill radius of the grenade.  Moonbattery has just posted this video:

Yeah, there are some Joan of Arcs throughout history, and women who find themselves forced into defending themselves or children can be vicious (nothing in nature is more dangerous than a mother animal protecting her young), but this idea of formally integrating them into front line combat units is a fantasy that isn't going to end well for anyone involved.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Women in combat
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 12:46:37 PM »
Dayum!  She does throw like a girl!  And notice, the guy closest to her pitches her over the wall before getting behind cover himself.  This is a problem in combat, one which will result in more casualties because of men's instincts to protect women.  It can be trained out of them, however, and the social engineers are busily engaged in doing just that and more; they're trying to eradicate "gender" and all the attending implications.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 02:33:07 PM »

All you need is love, rat ta tat ta tah

This baby is an email blast item for sure.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 09:16:27 PM »
  How do you cover up the fact that you sent women to die and for what,what does it prove?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 07:53:54 AM »
I believe one of the major reasons the ERA was defeated was that people couldn't get pass the idea of women in combat.  Despite all the good they thought it might do they feared that result.

I think there are still many who think that way but I fear there's not enough.  Too many passive people conditioned by years of public schooling to accept whatever is handed to them. 

A society that doesn't protect marriage or its unborn isn't going to protect its women either.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 09:37:41 AM »
  How do you cover up the fact that you sent women to die and for what,what does it prove?

There is no intention of covering it up because the intent is for us to inculcate the notion that we're all just little interchangeable units.  They want  to eradicate the fact of specific sex, or, in PC-speak, "gender", as it was done for race, you know "there's no such thing as race/we're all more alike than we are different"?  But they aren't telling that to "minorities" because they'll get laughed at or their asses kicked, so, that's meant for you, paleface.  They're about deconstructing society by demanding we believe that race and sex are "social constructs", i.e. man-invented concepts.  The bug in their theory becomes evident when it meets reality:  if "gender" is a social construct, it wouldn't matter to a homosexual man or a lesbian woman who they boinked if one is just the same as the other.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 09:50:48 AM »
Why is the fella on her left grabbing her arm before she throws the grenade? Lucky for her he did, because he was ready, in advance, to perform the move to get her to safety.

...and is it even possible that the other fella escaped injury? He wasn't protected by anything.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 09:53:47 AM »
He was protected by the sandbags.  I think.  The grenade did explode on the other side of 'em.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 10:03:04 AM »
He was protected by the sandbags.  I think.  The grenade did explode on the other side of 'em.

Oh, ok. I thought she fumbled it on this side of the sandbags. So the exercise is, throw the grenade and we'll all take cover, and his grabbing her arm is standard training procedure. She just didn't throw it far enough.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 11:13:22 AM »

The woman is either very tall or the men are short.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »
For years I had heard a statistic from both the Army and the Marine Corps that said a high percentage of female recruits were unable to throw hand grenades far enough to assure their own position is outside the kill radius of the grenade.  Moonbattery has just posted this video:

Yeah, there are some Joan of Arcs throughout history, and women who find themselves forced into defending themselves or children can be vicious (nothing in nature is more dangerous than a mother animal protecting her young), but this idea of formally integrating them into front line combat units is a fantasy that isn't going to end well for anyone involved.

I cannot think of a better way to illustrate what the danger is here, to both the women and the men who WILL try to protect them. And God forbid we train men NOT to protect our women.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »
The video does not look like an exercise, at least to me. It looks like she dropped it on the other side of the sandbags and they scrambled like hell. Id say the exercise was the toss and then KNEEL down behind the sandbags.

That was panic.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 07:02:53 PM »
The video does not look like an exercise, at least to me. It looks like she dropped it on the other side of the sandbags and they scrambled like hell. Id say the exercise was the toss and then KNEEL down behind the sandbags.

That was panic.

You could be right.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 07:07:07 PM »

I cannot think of a better way to illustrate what the danger is here, to both the women and the men who WILL try to protect them. And God forbid we train men NOT to protect our women.

I had the same thought, the training will be adjusted, they will not back off their policy change, in the end I wonder how many casualties that could be avoided will be sustained.  There are some gals who could be tough enough for hairy-chested physical action, 85-90% probably aren't...but it will be forced.

This really won't end well.

And wait until fraternization and jealousies get added into the mix...the foxhole might not be the safe haven you think it is...

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 10:31:26 AM »
Between gays and women , it's an attempt to emasculate the U.S. Military .

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »
 And notice, the guy closest to her pitches her over the wall before getting behind cover himself.

I agree with the whole "men protecting women" instinct thing but I would also wager that the soldier in charge, almost certainly a sergeant, would do the same thing with any idiot private under his command.

It does seem strange, also, that they are dressed so lightly for this type of training. They almost certainly have eye and ear protection that cannot be seen but I would expect them to have some sort of battle gear on like, say, helmets at the very least.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:43:58 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
 And notice, the guy closest to her pitches her over the wall before getting behind cover himself.

I agree with the whole "men protecting women" instinct thing but I would also wager that the soldier in charge, almost certainly a sergeant, would do the same thing with any idiot private under his command.

It does seem strange, also, that they are dressed so lightly for this type of training. They almost certainly have eye and ear protection that cannot be seen but I would expect them to have some sort of battle gear on like, say, helmets at the very least.

No doubt Trap, but an idiot male might have enough sense to pitch the pineapple better and seek cover without having to be tossed...unless the idiot male is especially idiotic...I think the instinct to protect was hightened for a female...these two don't look like homies from da hood who would just run away and shove anybody (even a woman) out of the way to save their own ass.  The guy on the right seemed to gesture and likely yelled something at the other fella to get that gal behind cover...the second guy knew he didn't have time or any room where they went...he just tucked in behind the dirt berm.  No visible ear protection if there is any it must be plugs.  Lack of helmets and vests even in a training course is surprising.  Could it have been a walk thru prior to the real deal that went wrong (as in "then you pull the pin...not now damnit!")?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 12:31:03 PM »
If this is the new army....I'd suggest practicing with dummy grenades before handling a live grenade.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 01:09:32 PM »
I seem to remember that there was some kind of a mistake made on the firing range when my son went through basic...something along the lines of a gun going off when it shouldn't, pointed in a direction that it shouldn't have been pointed in...that kind of thing. I don't recall that it was a female. The person who did it was punished pretty severely with pushups and running around with a rifle over his head.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 01:15:08 PM »
I seem to remember that there was some kind of a mistake made on the firing range when my son went through basic...something along the lines of a gun going off when it shouldn't, pointed in a direction that it shouldn't have been pointed in...that kind of thing. I don't recall that it was a female. The person who did it was punished pretty severely with pushups and running around with a rifle over his head.

The way she threw that grenade......I couldn't see punishing her by running with a grenade ( in her hand) over her head.....unless she was alone in a field. I'd say push ups wouldn't work either.