Author Topic: Russian forces to provide "security" at US events  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Russian forces to provide "security" at US events
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 03:58:34 PM »
Beck's pooh-poohing of it probably has more to do with the source of the story than anything else.  He has an animus against Infowars and Alex Jones.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 05:05:21 PM »
well, I guess I was thinking the Russians would be identified but that probably wouldn't be the case...would the media even report their presence at some tv event?

(Yes, Russians as bad guys is back as a story theme (often as gun runners, bomb purchasers or mob)! As for NCIS:LA--I bailed on that along time ago. Whenever I watch any show now I can bet on the Muslim being the "good" guy or innocent party.  A popular theme I've seen in the last couple of years is an American* trying to set up innocent Muslims or becoming a "terrorist" to wake America up to the dangers in the world.)

*white,male usually a vet
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 05:34:12 PM »
Beck's pooh-poohing of it probably has more to do with the source of the story than anything else.  He has an animus against Infowars and Alex Jones.

Beck's the last one to be throwing stones.
I love him dearly but he is often so ill-informed it makes me cringe.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2013, 11:29:31 PM »

Re: OMFG Obama To Deploy 15,000 Russian Troops in US Under DHS Orders!!!!!

Are these even vaguely the same thing? Hell no. And this exaggeration and deliberate misinterpretation is no mistake or accident. You see it in article after article. And sadly quite a few well-known conservative blogs also engage in the same bullsh*t-bait-and-switch as well.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/341506.php

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 10:13:56 AM »

Re: OMFG Obama To Deploy 15,000 Russian Troops in US Under DHS Orders!!!!!

Are these even vaguely the same thing? Hell no. And this exaggeration and deliberate misinterpretation is no mistake or accident. You see it in article after article. And sadly quite a few well-known conservative blogs also engage in the same bullsh*t-bait-and-switch as well.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/341506.php

1) Given this Administrations hatred  of the American people, we ignore this tin-foil hat  noise at our peril. Yes, the BS is there and you have to weed through it.
2) The press release doesn't deny the accusation, and in fact supports it ("In addition, the parties approved of U.S.-Russian cooperation in this field in 2013-2014, which envisages exchange of experience including in monitoring and forecasting emergency situations, training of rescuers, development of mine-rescuing and provision of security at mass events.")

Is that "nicey-nice-let's-agree-to-share-experiences-and-training-tips bureaucratic argle-bargle." Maybe. But where is the equivalent press release from the US side? If they were planning to share troops as part of this "provision of security at mass events"  would they not try to obfuscate that fact using "nicey-nice-let's-agree-to-share-experiences-and-training-tips bureaucratic argle-bargle." - Would any US dept release a press release on it?

Like all good conspiracy stories you can neither confirm or deny,  its unverifiable..  And sadly, if and when a true bit of intelligence shows up it is likely to be buried in this noise. In fact I suspect that most of this noise and BS is created by the tyrants to ensure the real information is lost and ignored under a pile of tin foil hats. "Its the EU TIMES,  here is nothing you can believe in that rag!" is ad-hominem - a broad sweep attack to discredit anything posted there. He uses the same broad  brush to paint Alex Jones, and we all know that Jones has broken a couple of bigger and true stories this year, all firmly in Tin Foil Hat territory - including the DHS Ammo purchases.   Is AJ free of tin foil hat BS?  Of course not.  I like Ace of Spades, but like everyplace you go, there is a bias and a certain desire to post stuff that confirms that Bias.  Yep, they are all  humans alright.  And a lot of folks have a bias against the tin-foil hat types, largely because  of the fact that if what they believe is true, there will be little or nothing we can do to fight it. Ace of Spades did a service pointing our what could and could not be verified, but then degenerating into broad  smears does the same disservice as those who post BS.

When I hear stuff like this, I can't just discount it.  It may not be true. It might be.  Look for further confirmation.  If I hear of Russian being spoken by the "bouncers" at events, its another data point confirming this story. Also keep in mind that "not making sense" is often a question of motive.   If you believe the current POSOTUS  is a petty punk, its quite easy to see him doing things like this for no other purpose than to make us mad. His little nose scratch with the finger trick  exemplifies this guy. I hope its the picture that finds its way into the History books.   So the fact that "it won't work" or "won't help him" may not be relevant.

Here is another tin foil hat take on the same info.

If you want to sell a bad thing, stick a worse thing on it and try really, really hard, but not really, to sell that combination. Let people get all worked up about the worse thing, and then say, “OK, you convinced me, that worst thing is OUT!” The crowds will rejoice and smugly line right up to buy the bad thing, even though they would have never considered it at all in the first place.

So, want to seal the deal and remove any remaining uncertainty? Float the idea that the Russians might be used to collect guns from Americans, and then let them Billy Bobs get all churned up into a lather. Later, change it to their buddies, the Israelis, and watch how they all flip over. Miracle of miracles, thankyoo Jesus!

Is he right? ( I disagree with most of that screed, but this last point,... yeah, that is plausible-- Russians no, someone else yes. (Israelis? yeah maybe, but any traditional ally would work as well) )

We are in a psy-ops war this administration is waging upon us - maybe for a real purpose. Maybe because Borat is a moronic choom punk with a drug addled adolescent's sense of pranksterism.  

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 11:22:48 AM »
Three steps toward tyranny and then backing up one step is still momentum toward tyranny, yes?

Too bad we all cannot see the need to knock them back several dozen steps!

::cussing::   ::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »
I'm not biased at all against the tin-foil-hat crowd. I just like to find some credible sources before I jump on the bandwagon. That's a job in itself.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 12:31:15 PM »
I'm not biased at all against the tin-foil-hat crowd. I just like to find some credible sources before I jump on the bandwagon. That's a job in itself.

There are no credible sources. Everyone has an agenda. Everyone has blinders. Look at what they say, the evidence they provide and then decide. If they have been found credible in the past, pay more attention to what they say, but seriously, almost nothing can be discounted out of hand at this point.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 12:35:50 PM »

There are no credible sources. Everyone has an agenda. Everyone has blinders. Look at what they say, the evidence they provide and then decide. If they have been found credible in the past, pay more attention to what they say, but seriously, almost nothing can be discounted out of hand at this point.

True dat.  Who coulda woulda predicted the National Enquirer, a rag, to have broken the "blue dress" story and John Edwards' Rielle romp.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 07:45:40 PM »
Plus we have to remember one of the reasons the GOP is bleeding from the anus is because they always take that "we're not stooping to their level" tact, which in reality is nothing so noble.  It's more like cowardice masquerading as "above all that" so that they don't have to look in the mirror and recognize a coward.  Meanwhile, the Left has treated this as a no holds barred war for decades. One side comes hopping out in their boxing trunks, the other side breaks a liquor bottle and slashes with it.

To get back to more literal meaning, the Left always paints their opposition as irredeemably terrible, assigning to them every possible negative superlative. Everything is always due to the nefarious intent of their opponent. Even when it's demonstrably BS, just the mere consistency of that angle begins to have an effect on the opinions of people. So why should our side be so giddy about calling out its own as charlatans? We should just run with the meme that every thing liberals and government do is a nefarious back room conspiracy.

Truth? Truth is an impossibility right now. Clouded, by the Dark Side things are.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 12:31:41 AM »
I am pretty sure that this Russian troops thing has been completely discredited.

Besides...if chimpy was going to bring foreign troops here you can damn well bet they would be jihadis instead of rooskies.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 05:52:53 AM »
Besides...if chimpy was going to bring foreign troops here you can damn well bet they would be jihadis instead of rooskies.

He's already got those in place.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 06:57:58 AM »

He's already got those in place.

Yup, turn the manifesto to the next page...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.