Author Topic: To Pandora, from my wife  (Read 1171 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
Re: To Pandora, from my wife
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »
Blake Shelton - Boys 'Round Here feat. Pistol Annies & Friends
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 02:11:42 PM »
Don't tell me, let me guess ..... "chew, chew, chew, spit"?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 02:12:48 PM »
It seems there's a concerted music industry effort to create crossover between contemporary country and gangsta hip-hop trash. Clever song, but why the gangstas in the video?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 02:20:01 PM »
Where the gangstas at?  Dint see none ......

eta:  Oh, that is disappointing.  Somehow I missed that version and clicked through to this:

Blake Shelton - "Boys 'Round Here" captured in The Live Room
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:26:11 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 02:28:20 PM »
CHF, please thank your wife and tell her that both she and the other Suthrin lady got it wrong.  It ain't "chew, chew, chew, spit", it's "chewdabacca, chewdabacca, chewdabacca, spit".   ;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »
Backstory:

CHF, his wife, Gunsmith and I went to a real ole Southern fish fry and barbeque on Friday evening, with another couple+one friends of mine in tow, where we met up with about another thirty-five of CHF's friends and friends-of-friends.  One enterprising man loaded his flatbed with several deep-fat fryers (complete with overhead canopy) and he and his son proceeded to fry up a mess of catfish, crappy, hushpuppies, gar, and turtle, while another couple fellas worked the grills for the usual dogs/burgers; the ladies brought the sides.

There was one exchange, after some rebel yells, about rednecks -  okay, I was the one who said, shakin' my head, "damn rednecks ::smirk:: " and that's when "chew, chew, chew, spit" came up.  And just to show y'all how damn redneck they are, they got it wrong in unison.

After dark, they pulled out the eeeelegal fireworks and proceeded to shoot them off on the pond-bank until one of them fell over and shot balls of fire in a few directions, through the crowd ... a couple flew right over the flatbed but underneath the canopy and into the woods beyond.  Good thing it's been raining for a solid month.

Gunsmith said that's the only thing that kept it from being a real redneck barbeque .... nobody set the woods on fire.

Good times, good times.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 03:09:35 PM »
Aaaaand, despite having had almost nothing alcoholic to drink, Pandora got it wrong.  I've been told by both ladies that they did indeed say "chewdabacca, chewdabacca, chewdabacca, spit", so .........    ::unknowncomic::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »
Heh, sounds like a durn good time.

As for the song, that real?  A fella can take a gal down by the river and toss a blanket?  Do that up here and the skeeters will think the buffet is open!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 05:21:24 PM »
I did not have charge of safety, though I wish I had intervened earlier. When no one takes charge of safety, there is no safety. One young man did take the brunt of a fairly good sized discharge. Burns on stomach and broken skin on his legs.  He'll have stories to tell for a long time to come. However he won't have much to show in the way of scars. Afterwards I did intervene, and made sure only two of the more mature men (a local soldier from our nearest base and the custodian of the land) were discharging fireworks and farther away from the main eating area. The younger kids were run off from the lighting site.  (Teenagers!) There were no more accidents, but even then I was concerned that people were not taking it seriously enough. 

Yes, I did marry a southern belle and I am usually quite happy about it. Odd that she has made such good friends with a couple of Yankee friends of mine! We had a mostly wonderful time, too. The young man who was mildly injured was not about to leave and miss any fun. He was treated with honey (cuts) and butter (burns). If I was him I would have been scared those old ladies were planning to eat him like a biscuit!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 07:47:27 PM »
Oh no!  I did not know there was anyone hurt.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 11:26:07 PM »
There is some malfunction. As I type it keeps deleting my posts.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 11:28:50 PM »
Curtis caught the brunt of the fireworks that tipped over. He is tough as a nail as a state class wrestler and football player. He gets hurt worse on an average game night I am sure. But, they do not have groups of old southern women on the field rubbing him with honey and butter.  Got to bet a donut he wished no one saw him get hit!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 11:29:10 PM »
There is some malfunction. As I type it keeps deleting my posts.

I've done that before - you may have hit the "insert" key which causes it to want to replace text instead of adding text.