Author Topic: Egypt and US Assistance  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Egypt and US Assistance
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:37:40 AM »
Will the Obama Regime obey the law or not?  I'd bet on the latter, and I'd bet the Pubbies would only send a sternly worded letter as a result...

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/05/law-requires-obama-administration-to-cut-off-egyptian-aid/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: Egypt and US Assistance
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »

The Egyptian military is US trained and is the western most thinking part of that country's bureaucracy.  The arguments put forth are crackers.  McNutjob wants Obama to obey the law etc.  Also within the law the President has the latitude to make a judgement call to do what he thinks best, per John Bolton. 

Morsi was an imprisoned Islamist, Muslim Brotherhood leader before Mubarak was tossed.  El Baridie is as bad as Morsi.  The correct call is to assist the military.  How it comes out will depend on what Obama's internal polling tallies.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 11:41:55 AM »
How can it get to the military if Barry is giving it to radical pol's?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 01:52:49 PM »

I think a large chunk of the current Billion on Tap is dedicated to the military.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 06:09:44 PM »
The law should read that "No aid to any government of any nation that is not the government that negotiated for the aid".
Eschew Obfuscation

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »

Egypt in ways Americans Can Understand
 Rush Limbaugh

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  There is big news out of Egypt, and it is important, but it's hard to understand.  The US media, of course, is in a CYA mode for Obama.  If you look at what happened in Egypt they basically had a coup to get rid of Morsi and the military stepped in and it's being reported from any number of different perspectives.  It's probably... Well, it's not "probably." It is a good development for the Egyptian people.

But it's not good for the Brotherhood, and it's not good for Obama.  Obama endorsed the Brotherhood.  I mean, you go back to his Cairo speech in his first year in office and he's out there saying great things about the Brotherhood.  The Muslim Brotherhood are just militant Islamists with a pretty face. That's what the Brotherhood is essentially all about.  So on Bret Baier's blog (the Fox News anchor of their six o'clock show) he got a note.

It's from somebody in Alexandria who attempts to explain what happened in Egypt in ways Americans can understand by making the events that happened in Egypt happen here, so instead of Morsi's name you're gonna hear Obama -- and instead of Egyptian governmental institutions, you'll hear American institutions.  The dates that you hear are not accurate as it relates to Obama's presidency.  They are the dates related to Morsi's presidency.

But they have been transposed here to the Obama administration as a way to facilitate Americans' understanding of what happened from the perspective of an Egyptian citizen.  It starts this way: "In a Nutshell, a lot of my dear American friends still ask me what on earth really happened in Egypt. For their benefit, and anyone else on earth genuinely trying to make heads or tails of us 'crazy Egyptians,' here's exactly what happened in Egypt over the past 12 months, but expressed in 'American' terms...

"There are no exaggerations or lies. These events all took place: On June 30th 2012, democratically elected Barack Obama wins the election with 51.7%, takes the oath, and is sworn in as president of the United States." Actually it's about Morsi, but you get the drift.  "First five months of [Obama's] term go relatively smoothly, where he makes almost no decisions (except for some dubious presidential pardons to a dozen convicted terrorists, including some convicted for their part in the assassination of a former US president)."

Not the assassination attempt, the actual assassination. So Morsi pardoned terrorists who took part in the assassination of a previous Egyptian president. "Suddenly, on November 21st 2012, President Obama issues a presidential decree giving himself sweeping powers, to the extent that his future decrees become un-contestable in any court. In effect, his decisions henceforth are akin to the word of God, his laws a new Bible...

"Nationwide protests erupt as a result of this decree and 1.5 million people organize a sit-in at the White House to peacefully request he rescind it.  Some of Obama's Democratic Party supporters attack the peaceful sit-in outside the White House with guns and shoot five peaceful protesters dead. A few weeks later, President Obama dissolves the US Supreme Court and labels them all 'traitors to America.'"

If you're just joining me, this is a description of what happened in Egypt in the last 12 months, as though it happened here. "One short week later," after dissolving the Supreme Court, "he fires the United States District Attorney and personally appoints a Democrat to replace him.  A month later he annuls the US Constitution and forms a 'constitutional committee' to draft a new constitution (committee includes no Republicans or independents, no Muslims or Jews, and only a handful of women...)

"In a referendum not supervised by any judicial branch, this constitution narrowly wins, and President Obama ratifies it the very next morning (despite it having only gotten the approval of 18% of all Americans).  Within a month he invites top global terrorists, known jihadists and Al-Qaeda members from all over the world, to a rally in Yankee Stadium, where he cuts ties with and declares war on Canada.

"Throughout this whole time, the US economy is sinking, the stock market collapsing, foreign investment has all but stopped, tourism has died, and electricity, fuel, and water shortages are a daily occurrence.  Unemployment has almost doubled, and the US dollar has lost 20% of its value globally.  Oh, and President Obama also outlines his new plans to lease the entire Silicon Valley area to China for 50 years ...

"Democratically elected President Barack Obama has done all the above in his FIRST YEAR IN OFFICE!!!  Ultimately, on June 30th, 2013 110 million Americans," just over a third of the population, "take to the streets in fifty States peacefully and politely demanding -- for four straight days -- that democratically elected Obama leave immediately, and not continue his remaining three years.  That's it, in a nutshell...

"Who, would you say, had 'legitimacy' in this case if it had been America?  'Democratically elected Barrack Obama', or the 110 million Americans who fired him?'" The point of this is to explain to outsiders exactly who Morsi was and what happened over there, and to explain why all those 17 or 18 million people gathered again in Tahrir Square.

The sad thing is -- and, you know, I don't mean to do a nah-nah-nah-nah-nah, but I remember when this whole first eruption at Tahrir Square happened, remember how the media played that?  "Oh, this is an outgrowth of hope and change. The Egyptian people have been inspired by Obama, and they're demanding a new government that mirrors Obama's."  CNN sent Nic Robertson  http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/07/01/egyptians_take_to_streets_to_protest_what_they_did_three_years_ago
over there to talk about how great Obama was, get the people of Egypt talking about how great Obama was in their eyes. We even had certain members of the Republican or conservative media in this country talking about how wonderful this was, it equaled the spread of democracy in the Middle East. And I remember there were a few of us who said, "Why in the world are we celebrating the ascension to power of a militant terror group in a nation that has been an ally of ours?"

I mean, we send Egypt more foreign aid than anywhere else.  Why in the world?  So when this thing erupts over there, there were of a number of us who said, "Well, we're not surprised this happened.  The people of Egypt were lied to. They were defrauded in a campaign."  Yeah, Morsi was democratically elected, but he didn't tell 'em he was gonna do any of this.  Does that sound familiar, by the way?  Morsi did not tell the people of Egypt he was gonna get rid of the Constitution and replace it with his word, that his word was the new Bible.  He didn't tell 'em that.  So there was a coup. The military went in and got rid of Morsi.  Now, the regime here is the kind of hamstrung, because Morsi was their guy.  And even now Obama is a little uncomfortable denouncing the Brotherhood.  It's fascinating, in a way, and highly, highly instructive.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 06:49:41 AM »
Congress shoud act, but they won't...and I do not trust the money to all go to the military nor do I trust there are not elements in the military with ideas counter to our best interests (the our being us, the people, not our dipshyt government)...

We should end most if not all foreign aid...any that is allowed should have ironclad conditions attached which trigger automatically and if found to be violated in any way result in long prison terms in the worst Federal ass-pounding hellholes.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 07:35:44 AM »
Yet another criminally stupid treasonous act - US to go ahead with F-16 jets delivery!

::cussing::   ::outrage::   ::angry::   ::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 06:47:01 AM »
No comment necessary...but the associated comments are good nonetheless.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-14/when-coup-not-coup

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 07:11:03 AM »
Menawhile, back in Cairo...the sweet smells of Obama's Arab spring fill the streets...well, it smells a lot like teargas, flames, blood...but it's all good, this is what Obama says democracy looks like!

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/08/201381452017193693.html

Spinning wildley out of control...

Not sure the MFM is reporting the full extent of the Muslim Bro-hood slaughter of Christians - Over 21 churches destroyed -

http://www.thetower.org/egyptian-govt-calls-on-morsi-supporters-to-end-violence-as-islamists-burn-down-scores-of-christian-churches-and-home/
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:36:37 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 10:25:02 AM »
And.............

We're back to Mubarak policies.

That didn't take long.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130817/DA87NOM81.html

::thinking::

Can we ban all progressives?

::praying::

Offline Magnum

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »
When the Muslim Brotherhood was in charge. The brotherhood who hates Jews and Christians, obama supported their regime.  Now that the Military has taken over which is more sympathetic to Jews and Christians he with-draws support.

Just saw this:egyptian-military-chief-orders-army-to-rebuild-every-coptic-church-burned-by-the-muslim-brotherhood/ Egyptian military chief orders army to rebuild every Coptic church burned by the Muslim Brotherhood

I am asking this in all honesty has this administration ever supported policies that benefited Christians or Jews-Israel over Islam?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 05:50:40 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 04:32:25 AM »
Cutting off aid to Egypt's military would be a big mistake . They are the only thing standing in the way of an Islamist takeover in Egypt . I don't believe that the military wants to run the government . Rather , they would like to get out from under that and see new elections for a secular and democratic government as soon as possible .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 07:11:44 AM »
Rock meet hardplace.  No way the military can have crazies in power and no way Obama can win without having the military under a democratically elected boot heel.  And elected means crazies seize power again.  I am not unconvinced a civil war is the worst scenario, until one defeats the other this dance could go on a long time...and still lead to civil war.  Best get on with it.  But worst of all for Obama this little exercise just shows how monumentally naive, ignorant and outright stupid the Obama Arab Spring bullsh*t is...we are right back where we started, the only difference being all the dead bodies and raped women and Mubarak isn't in power, but he is being released and corruption charges dropped, so who knows, but the Obama Regime just got another nasty spray in the face...one of many yet to come.