Author Topic: Whose arms?  (Read 1828 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Whose arms?
« on: April 05, 2011, 12:48:40 AM »
About the fourth day something slowly dawned on me. It seemed impossible, but I examined myself and found it to be true. I do not have four arms. From the moment I woke up after surgery, I possessed four arms. Just like everyone else. The two I am used to, and two more directly behind and underneath the others. It was those arms that had been "holding me up" for 4 days. They were there like it was the most natural thing in the world, and it never occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, they were imaginary. They weren't like "angel wings" and they were not an external force. They were my own arms but they were pretty much autonomic, doing their thing without any conscious effort from me. They wrapped my back and chest, kept me warm, protected me from bumps, and were ever present. Sometimes they were filled with a powerful pulsing golden light that I would catch out of the corner of my eye, but mostly they were just there, albeit invisible.

I miss them.

How he got there is here, with a H/T from VanDerLeun.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"