Author Topic: Activist action extreme? Perhaps. But is it beneficial?  (Read 717 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Activist action extreme? Perhaps. But is it beneficial?
« on: July 10, 2013, 11:39:46 AM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/10/activist-arrested-after-loading-shotgun-freedom-pl/

http://www.infowars.com/adam-kokesh-raided-by-storm-trooper-cops/

Why are cops and others not vetted by We the People allowed to run around with loaded weapons...why are good citizens banned from carrying anything armed?!  This was NEVER banned in our Republic until the dark times of the 20th century came along and took the idea of disarmed so-called "civilized" cities of the previous century started restricting gun carrying...once the Progressives gained in strength all manner of heretofore unregulated rights began to be trampled on a national scale!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Activist action extreme? Perhaps. But is it beneficial?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 02:49:33 PM »
Kokesh is a kook. And maybe even a lib agitator dressed up as a conservative to cause trouble. This was the guy who wanted to have an armed march on DC. There is no positive in that. Not now, anyway.

That said, I have to wonder about the discovery of drugs in his possession. My first thought, even though I don't like the guy, is that it's been faked...planted evidence. Ten years ago I wouldn't have had that as my default thought. But now it pops into my head reflexively.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 04:44:48 PM »
He may be a kook, but busting down his door, black helicoptors overhead, blocking the streets and a 5 hour search of his home appears to be a wee bit of overkill. All over what is a political statement. This is pure intimidation tactics.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »
Indeed.  Statists laying down their marker, letting people know who is in charge...it is the state, not the people, slaves being put into their place is what it is.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.