Author Topic: Ideological subversion  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Ideological subversion
« on: July 11, 2013, 07:36:59 PM »
I think most of us have seen some clips of this guy being interviewed, but before I have only seen excerpts spliced together.  Here is an entire segment of his interview in full context.  This is Yuri Bezmenov, a propagandist who worked for the KGB before defecting to the West.  Just listen to the formula he describes, and look around at what is happening to us right here, right now.  Then consider the fact that this interview was recorded in 1984.  Nearly 30 years have transpired since his warnings, and much of what he talks about as something coming in the near future has in fact happened already -- or is happening, right now.

I don't even know what category is best for this.  I guess Education, since so-called education is in fact the primary weapon responsible for this. But you could just as easily file under TEOTWAWKI, because I'm afraid we are now too far gone to prevent what Yuri Bezmenov describes.  We will be left with fighting against it.

He gives a description of what the KGB means by the term "ideological subversion", and I have to say it is the most chillingly accurate description of the modern state of things I've probably ever heard:

To change the perception of reality, of every American, to such an extent that despite the abundance of information no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community, and their countrymen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3nXvScRazg
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Ideological subversion
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »
This guy was dead on.  I remember hearing many defectors back around this time sounding similar alarms.  I myself warned people what was happening with the increasing unelected bureaucratic class, the leftist rot in our education systems (k-12 not just at the university level) and how the smelly leftists of the 60's and 70's were infiltrating on sectors of society and the hard leftward lurch in democrat politicians was obvious even then.  Everything was there to see and ominus...I admit to being lulled into thinking the corner had been turned under Reagan, the fall of the Soviet Union reinforced this.  Then the Left started acting like losing the Soviet Union was a bad thing and its like they decided to pick up the mantle...I guess they thought they could "do it right"...then the betrayal of the Pubbies began...Bush I, brief respite under Newts capture of the House, then subsequent backslidding, Bush II being a mixed bag - the bad being crap like the imposition of state security infrastructure we lament under now with the Obama Regime and both parties spending and passing bills like drunken oligarchs, and the fecklessness and uselessness of the Pubbies has increased...the brief Tea Party movement got bushwhacked...it's hard to look at the historical record and not conclude the Left has been and continues to be winning...all the warning signs were there...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 01:26:13 PM »
This guy was dead on.  I remember hearing many defectors back around this time sounding similar alarms.  I myself warned people what was happening with the increasing unelected bureaucratic class, the leftist rot in our education systems (k-12 not just at the university level) and how the smelly leftists of the 60's and 70's were infiltrating on sectors of society and the hard leftward lurch in democrat politicians was obvious even then.  Everything was there to see and ominus...I admit to being lulled into thinking the corner had been turned under Reagan, the fall of the Soviet Union reinforced this.  Then the Left started acting like losing the Soviet Union was a bad thing and its like they decided to pick up the mantle...I guess they thought they could "do it right"...then the betrayal of the Pubbies began...Bush I, brief respite under Newts capture of the House, then subsequent backslidding, Bush II being a mixed bag - the bad being crap like the imposition of state security infrastructure we lament under now with the Obama Regime and both parties spending and passing bills like drunken oligarchs, and the fecklessness and uselessness of the Pubbies has increased...the brief Tea Party movement got bushwhacked...it's hard to look at the historical record and not conclude the Left has been and continues to be winning...all the warning signs were there...

Because Good is Dumb

Space balls good is dumb

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 03:11:30 PM »
He gives a description of what the KGB means by the term "ideological subversion", and I have to say it is the most chillingly accurate description of the modern state of things I've probably ever heard:

To change the perception of reality, of every American, to such an extent that despite the abundance of information no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community, and their countrymen.

This sums it up for me.  I see it in my family and friends. Much of it motivated by selfish motives.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 03:17:33 PM »

Because Good is Dumb

And dumb is good. ::outrage::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »
And people think Mel Brooks didn't have a handle on things...   ::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.