Author Topic: Amar Bose  (Read 880 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Amar Bose
« on: July 15, 2013, 01:05:43 PM »
Once upon a time I coveted a buddy's 901's.  I drove to work in my Mazda, with premium Bose sound system.  I'm listening right now to my MP3 player, with Bose buds plugged into it.  Sure, there's better sounding stuff out there, today, but Bose is probably as good as anybody, getting better sound out of small enclosures.

Amar Bose 1929-2013

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Amar Bose
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:22:51 PM »
Good stuff!   ::thumbsup::  I have my Bose speakers from the 80's still, still sound good...301's 401's...I forget what they're called.  Bose system in my Audi is nice.  And my sister has some bluetooth thingy out there you can synch phones & such into and play through a set of small speakers that is made by Bose and sounds good too.  Always been a favorite manufacturer to me...an example of the "you get what you pay for" concept...sometime better is worth the extra cash.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 05:12:04 PM »
The original and still the best direct reflecting speaker out there. I inherited a pair of 301's or 401's (not sure...will have to look later) from my late father.

I think I'm going to put them in my workshop paired with my Pioneer CS99A's and the 150 watt per channel Marantz. That think is so loud with the CS99A's it could make your ears bleed.

Bose was a true innovator.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 05:25:52 PM »
I hate that crap in my 91 Vette, sorry. House stuff OK with me, though. RIP
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.