Author Topic: Detroit filed for bankruptcy  (Read 5408 times)

RickZ

Re: Detroit filed for bankruptcy
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 05:23:10 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me just how fixed the Liberal's mind is, for all their ostentatious puffery about being forward thinking and dynamic.

1)  Thinking is hard;

2)  The group herd mentality is a warm cocoon;

3)  Being 'cool' with the 'cool' crowd by buying into the latest scientific consensus BS;

4)  Hating personal responsibility;

5)  Intellectual laziness;

6)  Mommy/Daddy issues;

7)  A generation of kids growing up who think work is beneath them, the poor hothouse wallflowers;

8)  History began when they were born.

We have a highly technical society with all the latest technological gadgets, but nobody can tell you how they actually work (I push this button, see?).  Forget asking any of them to explain what exactly the internet is, other than an app on an iPhone.

We have a Nation of children who are growing up in a politically correct, forget survival instinct, society; just the idea of such a thought crime scares the bejeesus out of them.  It's the 'sweet spot' of social engineering, creating the perfect sheep ripe for the shearing instead of free and independent thinkers with distrust of government and it powers.

Have you ever noticed how on sites like KOS or DU, the comments run one or two short sentences, at most?  The 140 character tweet society of intellectual nihilism.  Is it any wonder that complex ideas expressed in things like The Federalist Papers are beyond the ken of students to understand?  Too many words, dude.

Teaching today's lib'rul to think for themselves is more difficult than teaching a pig to whistle.  And without the added benefits of bacon.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 05:49:03 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me just how fixed the Liberal's mind is, for all their ostentatious puffery about being forward thinking and dynamic.

1)  Thinking is hard;

2)  The group herd mentality is a warm cocoon;

3)  Being 'cool' with the 'cool' crowd by buying into the latest scientific consensus BS;

4)  Hating personal responsibility;

5)  Intellectual laziness;

6)  Mommy/Daddy issues;

7)  A generation of kids growing up who think work is beneath them, the poor hothouse wallflowers;

8)  History began when they were born.

We have a highly technical society with all the latest technological gadgets, but nobody can tell you how they actually work (I push this button, see?).  Forget asking any of them to explain what exactly the internet is, other than an app on an iPhone.

We have a Nation of children who are growing up in a politically correct, forget survival instinct, society; just the idea of such a thought crime scares the bejeesus out of them.  It's the 'sweet spot' of social engineering, creating the perfect sheep ripe for the shearing instead of free and independent thinkers with distrust of government and it powers.

Have you ever noticed how on sites like KOS or DU, the comments run one or two short sentences, at most?  The 140 character tweet society of intellectual nihilism.  Is it any wonder that complex ideas expressed in things like The Federalist Papers are beyond the ken of students to understand?  Too many words, dude.

Teaching today's lib'rul to think for themselves is more difficult than teaching a pig to whistle.  And without the added benefits of bacon.

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »

H/T American Digest
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 05:18:56 AM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/michigan-gov-rick-snyder-detroit-enough-was-enough-6C10699397#business/michigan-gov-rick-snyder-center-detroit-bankruptcy-6C10699397?ocid=msnhp&pos=1

Well......When a city is so far in the gutter that restoring basic services would be considered a huge victory....
Going to be just like before. Did you hear him say, many weren't paying the water bill. WHo's going to pay for that basic  water and sewage? You, me Mich taxpayer,  that's who. Section 8 housing still funded by fed govt programs. Food stamps.

If a meteor smashed it all, that would be a favor killing the remaining residence that cannot afford to be alive in that city. Must have been great never wanting to prosecute crime until finally, the tax base couldn't handle inaction any longer so they did what was in their best interest, survival, they left as fast as they could. If the current crop of losers still remain while your figuring it all out, you still have the problem of morons voting for the irresponsible DemonRat party that refused to place law and order at the top of the list. Corruption wasn't just something that was an anomaly, it was the way of life for the politicians that ran the city. Like Chicago, pay to play was the rule of thumb but Detroit didn't have the commodities markets to keep them afloat. Should be interesting to see what becomes of it.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 07:08:12 AM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/michigan-gov-rick-snyder-detroit-enough-was-enough-6C10699397#business/michigan-gov-rick-snyder-center-detroit-bankruptcy-6C10699397?ocid=msnhp&pos=1

Well......When a city is so far in the gutter that restoring basic services would be considered a huge victory....
Going to be just like before. Did you hear him say, many weren't paying the water bill. WHo's going to pay for that basic  water and sewage? You, me Mich taxpayer,  that's who. Section 8 housing still funded by fed govt programs. Food stamps.

If a meteor smashed it all, that would be a favor killing the remaining residence that cannot afford to be alive in that city. Must have been great never wanting to prosecute crime until finally, the tax base couldn't handle inaction any longer so they did what was in their best interest, survival, they left as fast as they could. If the current crop of losers still remain while your figuring it all out, you still have the problem of morons voting for the irresponsible DemonRat party that refused to place law and order at the top of the list. Corruption wasn't just something that was an anomaly, it was the way of life for the politicians that ran the city. Like Chicago, pay to play was the rule of thumb but Detroit didn't have the commodities markets to keep them afloat. Should be interesting to see what becomes of it.

All things being equal...the best case scenario is for repeating the cycle.  Better to end it not mend it.

ETA - Nice list here...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-21/25-facts-about-fall-detroit-will-leave-you-shaking-your-head

I'm glad a poster added #26 - If Obama had a city, it would look like Detroit.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:39:00 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 09:01:20 AM »
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/09/27/killing-is-the-solution-gang-member-tells-walter-jacobson/
“We’ve got to eat. We want to. We want money. We want to get fresh, we want fresh J’s almost every day. We want all that,” another young man said.

But where do they get the money they need? The young man answered bluntly.

“Rob, steal and kill. That’s the only way. We didn’t grow up in Beverly Hills. We don’t get it handed to us,” he said.

Surprise, dipsh!t. I wasn't born into a wealthy family, either, but worked my ass of to achieve something.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 09:10:49 AM »
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/09/27/killing-is-the-solution-gang-member-tells-walter-jacobson/
“We’ve got to eat. We want to. We want money. We want to get fresh, we want fresh J’s almost every day. We want all that,” another young man said.

“Rob, steal and kill. That’s the only way. We didn’t grow up in Beverly Hills. We don’t get it handed to us,” he said.

Surprise, dipsh!t. I wasn't born into a wealthy family, either, but worked my ass of to achieve something.

Yeah, not all whitey's are equal...and does this banger not have people in his gang taking free shyt from us via Obama et al?  His theft is being supplemented by state-sponsored theft...

They all should be shot on sight.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 10:54:03 AM »
I have got to get around to reading "Atlas Shrugged." Had never heard of Starnesville until now.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 11:24:51 AM »
Forgot the name of the town, but yeah, I recal that passage.  IIRC isn't the fictional Starnesville in WI?  Either way, apt description of how Leftist Looters can ravage an area like mindless locusts...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 12:27:23 PM »

Lots of shyte in the current and coming scenarios.  This is the current free-shyte army.  Tomorrow's free-shyte army will be coming directly for OUR shyte.

So, of two possibles, which is more likely:

1.  The free-shyte stops coming and the cities are temporarily inundated because where else?  The gummint's there, the "services" used to be there, there might be food there, and help.

2.  The cities are immediately abandoned and the countryside is inundated by locusts?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 12:40:31 PM »
I think they'll devastate the cities before moving out, and in the process many of the locusts will be killed...the stronger and more virulent locusts will prey upon the countryside...and get further whitled down by rural folk who ain't having any of it...

My Federally devalued 2 cents...FWIW.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 03:02:26 PM »

See Alan, you screwed up. You too could have done the same thing and used the same identical excuse. Oh sh*t, hold that thought, you aren't white are you cause if you are, it won't fly as in you go right to f**king jail. If yous be a brotha, well, you are hereby given dat licenz to kilz, robbin and steelz whatz you be aneed'in.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 03:06:05 PM »

Lots of shyte in the current and coming scenarios.  This is the current free-shyte army.  Tomorrow's free-shyte army will be coming directly for OUR shyte.

1.  The free-shyte stops coming and the cities are temporarily inundated because where else?  The gummint's there, the "services" used to be there, there might be food there, and help.

2.  The cities are immediately abandoned and the countryside is inundated by locusts?
Should be fun listening to the reports of progressive liberals being helplessly butchered by the freeshyt gang. Nobody should think they didn't have it coming to them. ::rockets::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 07:23:20 PM »

During the Civil War the south saw the collapse of the Particular Institution. Whether it was the Emancipation Proclamation and the advance of yankee intervention, slaves seizing the opportunity and running away, or just the lack of whites to keep the slaves corralled, long before the end of the war the slaves fled in droves. And found themselves at the tents of the union army.

The north hadn't fully thought through just what they would do with all the newly freed blacks, which were referred to as "contraband", and scrambled to assemble what were in essence refuge camps. They fed them and clothed them and put them to work. In some cases they provided what amounted to employment services - setting them up with jobs.

The blacks were free to come and go as they pleased but really had few choices and stayed - for a time. Eventually many returned to the only "homes" they ever knew, some found new homes, and some migrated north in the hopes of jobs.

Right now in Detroit they have a golden opportunity. They have a massive mess to clean up. they have a ready-made workforce. They could have an incentive - if any of them have the brass to do it. Just organize relief camps. Set up staff to help assign work details. And turn off the welfare. Tell them that there is no such thing as free lunch, that there are no strings, but if they want to eat they will need to work for it.

They are welcome to stay or go, but staying means contributing.

And tell the neighboring communities no new applications for welfare from recent arrivals - instead point them in the direction of the Detroit relief camps - or create a camp of their own!

This could really catch on!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 10:26:45 PM »

Where do riots happen?  They never get on the train to go uptown to riot do they?  No they will burn their own houses and  kill each other first, and only when the pickings are thin will they bother with raiding parties.  But when they do come, it will be organized, as one gang will control the area, and a competent leader (of thugs) will inevitably arise.  That is when the rich white liberals finally get theirs in their walled communities of McMansions, rent-a-cops, and security systems. Because if you are going to have to drive to get to the target, you aren't driving to a declining  lower/middle class suburb full of armed and pissed off working people. No they will target the flash and bling, and you know rich white  liberals- its all flash and bling and blind faith in the magical unicorn power of the the police to protect.

And after the chalk lines are drawn and there are no rich people to deliver services to, and the highways are being blockaded by thugs looking to stop fuel and food,  the trucks and fuel will stop coming, then and only then will they move further out.  The Free Shyte army was bred for stupidity and laziness. The will never walk farther or put more effort in than they have to.   If they see a big stone house, a 8 foor wall  wall, barred windows and security system, they will probably see enough loot to make it worth the effort.  But a modest house with an older car, cracked driveway and peeling paint and a thorny hedge will be enough to deter them.

I told my few conservative friends in the city - its time to get out. You don't want to be anywhere considered Urban in the next 2 years.  If there is a civil war, these City-States become easy, unhardened  targets full of enemy forces - as patriots work to create accidents that cut off water, electricity, and fuel. Given some of the "accidents" we have seen lately I have to wonder if it hasn't already started - each one demonstrating more than the last how little the government can or will do to "help." If no civil war occurs, then we watch as every major city in the US turns into Detroit in the next 5-10 years. Even when they get their free Shyte,  they still rip things down, and Obama is doing his best to embolden them. Not a tear will I shed over a single drop of liberal blood. They did indeed bring it upon themselves. Reap what you have sown, tyrants.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 10:27:00 PM »
Wait until they get their wish and usher in genuine capital-C communism. The Soviets had a motto: He who does not work does not eat.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »
Wait until they get their wish and usher in genuine capital-C communism. The Soviets had a motto: He who does not work does not eat.

Holy sh*t.  The commies went Biblical by the backdoor!  Heh.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 11:25:38 PM »
The Soviets were commies, but the underlying Russian culture is big on machismo and such. There was no touchy-feely sentimentality in the manner of their useful idiot apologists in the West. The effete urban leftists we have in the West are exactly who the real commies identify as decadent and bourgeois, i.e. the first ones to be eliminated once their usefulness has expired. Yuri Bezmenov mentions this in detail in his interview. He was instructed by his KGB superiors "never bother with leftists" because they considered them overly idealistic liabilities. He said 75% of the leftists he worked with on his assignments in India were already marked for elimination if the country went full communist.

As I like to put it, it's an incredibly rapid transformation from Useful Idiot to Useless Eater.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly