Author Topic: A single jar of jam  (Read 1432 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
A single jar of jam
« on: July 26, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »
I'm off to a slow start.  It's almost August and I made one jar of jam today.  Been so busy this summer that I've let the kids eat up the fruit rather than preserve it. 

I looked in the fridge this morning and 6 apricots looked back.  So I made one jar of jam.

I actually have a bunch of plums and cucumbers in the vegetable crisper.  Seeing as this Friday, my day for canning because the kids all go to mom's for dinner, I guess I'll work on the cukes and plums tonight. I'm really the only one who likes homemade pickles and I can only eat so many.  I don't like store pickles but the kids do. They don't care for plum jam either. And every year I end up with a bunch of plums that one child and I try to eat. I need to look for a different recipe for the plums I think.

I'm going to try watermelon rind pickles too. It takes 3 days so that I have to time it to be home when they're ready to process. 

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."