Author Topic: Corporate handout, logo on front  (Read 3448 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Corporate handout, logo on front
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:05:03 AM »
Published by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, logo on back, on dealing on-site with an "active shooter".

PROFILE OF AN ACTIVE SHOOTER .... is an individual actively engaged in killing or ttempting to kill people in a confined and populated area, typically through the use of firearms.

CHARACTERISTICS OF AN ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATION - three bullet points; last one is "Law enforcement is usually required to end an active shooter situation."

Hmmmm, now why would that be, d'ya think?  Have something to do with the "gun-free zone" environment?

HOW TO RESPOND WHEN AN ACTIVE SHOOTER IS IN YOUR VICINITY -

1.  Run away
2.  Hide
3.  Act

.... #3 is only as a last resort and if your life is in imminent danger.

There are three other sections, all equally ridiculous, including instructions to "lock the door".  Somebody should take note that in cubicle land, there are no doors.  All predicated, of course, on being rescued by the po-leece.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Corporate handout, logo on front
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »
 ::facepalm::

And who is an active shooter?  They talkin' about real scum or Tea Party types?!

:P
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:28:39 PM »

And who is an active shooter?  They talkin' about real scum or Tea Party types?!

:P

I wrote verbatim what's on the card.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:19:47 PM »
Infantilization of the citizenry, typical of progressivism. I've had numerous one-way conversations with the nightly TV news. Anytime they interview some political hack in the police department, or post crime prevention tips, it's always conspicuously missing anything even remotely like actively defending yourself. One of my personal "favorites" is the admonition to keep a cell phone in your bedroom in case the phone lines are cut. Presumably the cell phone records of the 911 call will help the coroner's office establish the approximate time of death.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 06:59:16 AM »
Infantilization of the citizenry, typical of progressivism. I've had numerous one-way conversations with the nightly TV news. Anytime they interview some political hack in the police department, or post crime prevention tips, it's always conspicuously missing anything even remotely like actively defending yourself. One of my personal "favorites" is the admonition to keep a cell phone in your bedroom in case the phone lines are cut. Presumably the cell phone records of the 911 call will help the coroner's office establish the approximate time of death.

Yeah, the fallacy that the police are a preventative force and not a reactionary force is still being peddled.  People know better, regardless if they admit it or not.  The latter being mostly leftists who see the real answer in confiscating all guns not owned by the state...that everybody can be safe!  Got that?  Government is not be feared, only citizens are capable of harming you!  It's effed up thinking, but that is what they believe and the police federations and leaders in the forces play to that audience.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 04:53:46 PM »
PROFILE OF AN ACTIVE SHOOTER .... is an individual actively engaged in killing or ttempting to kill people in a confined and populated area, typically through the use of firearms..... #3 is only as a last resort and if your life is in imminent danger.

So if they use a machete, they're still called a shooter? ::doh::

"When seconds count, the police are minutes away". ::rockets::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 05:15:32 PM »
Published by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, logo on back, on dealing on-site with an "active shooter".

PROFILE OF AN ACTIVE SHOOTER .... is an individual actively engaged in killing or ttempting to kill people in a confined and populated area, typically through the use of firearms.

CHARACTERISTICS OF AN ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATION - three bullet points; last one is "Law enforcement is usually required to end an active shooter situation."

Hmmmm, now why would that be, d'ya think?  Have something to do with the "gun-free zone" environment?

HOW TO RESPOND WHEN AN ACTIVE SHOOTER IS IN YOUR VICINITY -

1.  Run away
2.  Hide
3.  Act

.... #3 is only as a last resort and if your life is in imminent danger.

There are three other sections, all equally ridiculous, including instructions to "lock the door".  Somebody should take note that in cubicle land, there are no doors.  All predicated, of course, on being rescued by the po-leece.

I'll do the first two when I'm hit and can't hold my gun up. I'm getting legal and buying a gun so I can run and hide. ::mooning::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 11:14:02 PM »
Here's the little fly in that ointment, JF; in the places that enforce this nonsense, having your gun on you is a big no-no - THE instant firing offense.  Trust me, it's a very personal knowledge.

They don't want you leaving it in your vehicle ON THEIR PROPERTY either.  So, they render you defenseless and tell you to either hide or "throw things" like what?  a computer?  a chair? at the shooter, instead of permitting the one tool that's guaranteed to hurl accurately on demand.

Some days, today would be one, I cahn't stahnd it.  Then again, yesterday was one as well and tomorrow will be, too.

/at least I'm consistent

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
Here's the little fly in that ointment, JF; in the places that enforce this nonsense, having your gun on you is a big no-no - THE instant firing offense.  Trust me, it's a very personal knowledge.

Don't ask, don't tell.

They don't want you leaving it in your vehicle ON THEIR PROPERTY either.  So, they render you defenseless and tell you to either hide or "throw things" like what?  a computer?  a chair? at the shooter, instead of permitting the one tool that's guaranteed to hurl accurately on demand.

Thought this was thrown out.

Some days, today would be one, I cahn't stahnd it.  Then again, yesterday was one as well and tomorrow will be, too.

/at least I'm consistent

I hear ya'.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »
No; metal detectors on the way in.  And I believe the vehicle issue was a state thing; Florida maybe.

Nice to have equally aggravated company.  :supercool:

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 06:38:09 AM »
The people who made that retarded card are the same people that make the retarded signs on buildings saying "This building does not allow guns".  Yes building, what are you gonna do about it when gangbanger rolls in armed to the teeth?  Fall on him?

Dumbasses!

The punishment of the law-abiding and the victim continues...I wish they'd call this crap what it honestly is...criminal preservation laws and regulations!

::mooning::

To hell with them.  Protect yourself anyway, if they come after you get a jury trial and a favorable venue, and convince the jury the state is nucking futs.  what else could you do?

::whatgives::

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »

/at least I'm consistent
Ditto!
You must work the Deducation system. ::gaah::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 04:54:57 PM »

/at least I'm consistent
Ditto!
You must work the Deducation system. ::gaah::

Heh.  Nope.  Major corporation; I have a man on the inside.  ;)