Topics > 2nd Amendment/Firearms

Corporate handout, logo on front

(1/3) > >>

Pandora:
Published by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, logo on back, on dealing on-site with an "active shooter".

PROFILE OF AN ACTIVE SHOOTER .... is an individual actively engaged in killing or ttempting to kill people in a confined and populated area, typically through the use of firearms.

CHARACTERISTICS OF AN ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATION - three bullet points; last one is "Law enforcement is usually required to end an active shooter situation."

Hmmmm, now why would that be, d'ya think?  Have something to do with the "gun-free zone" environment?

HOW TO RESPOND WHEN AN ACTIVE SHOOTER IS IN YOUR VICINITY -

1.  Run away
2.  Hide
3.  Act

.... #3 is only as a last resort and if your life is in imminent danger.

There are three other sections, all equally ridiculous, including instructions to "lock the door".  Somebody should take note that in cubicle land, there are no doors.  All predicated, of course, on being rescued by the po-leece.

Libertas:
 ::facepalm::

And who is an active shooter?  They talkin' about real scum or Tea Party types?!

:P

Pandora:

--- Quote from: Libertas on April 05, 2011, 11:18:44 AM --- ::facepalm::

And who is an active shooter?  They talkin' about real scum or Tea Party types?!

:P

--- End quote ---

I wrote verbatim what's on the card.

Glock32:
Infantilization of the citizenry, typical of progressivism. I've had numerous one-way conversations with the nightly TV news. Anytime they interview some political hack in the police department, or post crime prevention tips, it's always conspicuously missing anything even remotely like actively defending yourself. One of my personal "favorites" is the admonition to keep a cell phone in your bedroom in case the phone lines are cut. Presumably the cell phone records of the 911 call will help the coroner's office establish the approximate time of death.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: Glock32 on April 05, 2011, 03:19:47 PM ---Infantilization of the citizenry, typical of progressivism. I've had numerous one-way conversations with the nightly TV news. Anytime they interview some political hack in the police department, or post crime prevention tips, it's always conspicuously missing anything even remotely like actively defending yourself. One of my personal "favorites" is the admonition to keep a cell phone in your bedroom in case the phone lines are cut. Presumably the cell phone records of the 911 call will help the coroner's office establish the approximate time of death.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, the fallacy that the police are a preventative force and not a reactionary force is still being peddled.  People know better, regardless if they admit it or not.  The latter being mostly leftists who see the real answer in confiscating all guns not owned by the state...that everybody can be safe!  Got that?  Government is not be feared, only citizens are capable of harming you!  It's effed up thinking, but that is what they believe and the police federations and leaders in the forces play to that audience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version