Author Topic: The Shutdown  (Read 4871 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: The Shutdown
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 11:51:21 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/154259-cherry-blossom-parade-would-be-threatened-by-shutdown
The National Cherry Blossom Parade may not take place if there is a government shutdown, the Obama administration cautioned Wednesday.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2011, 12:13:52 AM »
 ::cussing:: ::angry:: ::gaah::

We need the government now to have a parade through a public park?  We can't conduct ourselves without THE GOVERNMENT?!?!

F*CK THESE PEOPLE!!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 07:10:13 AM »
I've lived too long, apparently.  I hear the same crap over and over again...

The scare tactics of the left, that never come to pass, but it never gets reported that way by the MFM!

The GOP thinking the shutdown will show what's not essential, that the world didn't end, but it never gets reported that way by the MFM!

Remember the 80's?  When the first government shutdown loomed when Dem's controlled congress, the MFM blamed Reagan.  One man stood in the way, they said, held the other 535 hostage to extremist demands!

Flash forward to the 90's...Republicans control congress, did the MFM blame one extremist (Clinton) for holding the other 535 hostage?  Nope, they blamed the evil extremists Republicans in congress for holding their dear President hostage to extremist demands.

Facts don't matter, only the narrative, and until the right unifies and goes on attack and stays on attack 24/7/365 the same sh*t just recycles over and over again!  I'm sick to sh*t of this BS and I do not think there are enough people of the requisite character to break this cycle.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 08:40:12 AM »
Don't worry.
The Pubs will cave.
No shutdown

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2011, 09:12:10 AM »
::cussing:: ::angry:: ::gaah::

We need the government now to have a parade through a public park?  We can't conduct ourselves without THE GOVERNMENT?!?!

F*CK THESE PEOPLE!!

The Cherry Blossoms Won't Bloom because of the Repubs.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2011, 11:16:38 AM »
The left is so predictable and disengenous, but we all know it. I don't believe their tired, old scare tactics are as effective as they believe. They appear petty and childish.

I watch Oreilly on Wednesdays because he has Dennis Miller on. I'm with Miller, the effectiveness of the attack has weakened, they need a new trick pony.

They are dull and vapid. The originality of thier attacks mirrors the tired programs they peddle.

I thank God everyday I do not think like a democrat.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.