Author Topic: Challenge to Kay Hagan fo N.C.  (Read 919 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Challenge to Kay Hagan fo N.C.
« on: August 06, 2013, 10:48:26 AM »
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Challenge to Kay Hagan fo N.C.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 11:21:27 AM »
But does the "politician" do what the "candidate" promises? I've been burned too many times. Bobby Jindal comes to mind.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »
Not this guy, I don't think, Alan.  Long before he thought of running, he'd go on local (Raleigh) afternoon A.M. radio and talk nothing but Constitution with the host.  And he's a Ob/Gyn to boot, not a lawyer.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 12:02:47 PM »
Worth a shot, heck, what elese we got to roll with?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »
This guy wins and N.C. moves to my short list for relocation.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 12:55:56 PM »
Jim Lehrer in the first primary debate...

"Tell me Dr. Brannon, how does your fundamentalist Christian vision for America differ from that of failed GOP Tea Party extremists like Todd Akin, Richard Murdocke, or Sharron Angle? Don't you run the risk of being seen as too extreme for the voters of North Carolina?"

Karl Rove in debate analysis on Fox:

"Dr. Brannon's fundamentalist Christian vision for America is no different than the failed Tea Party extremists like Todd Akin, Richard Murdocke, or Sharron Angle. He is too extreme for the voters of North Carolina."
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 01:12:04 PM »
Jim Lehrer in the first primary debate...

"Tell me Dr. Brannon, how does your fundamentalist Christian vision for America differ from that of failed GOP Tea Party extremists like Todd Akin, Richard Murdocke, or Sharron Angle? Don't you run the risk of being seen as too extreme for the voters of North Carolina?"

Karl Rove in debate analysis on Fox:

"Dr. Brannon's fundamentalist Christian vision for America is no different than the failed Tea Party extremists like Todd Akin, Richard Murdocke, or Sharron Angle. He is too extreme for the voters of North Carolina."
The good doctor is way smarter than both of those two idiots and will quite probably make them look as the idiots they truly are. ::rockethrow::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »
The Butthead needs to be beaten into a puddle.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 04:11:40 PM »
This guy wins and N.C. moves to my short list for relocation.

Hurry up. Republican control of State House and Governor's office. Many conservative laws passed: abortion, gun control and voter ID. New income tax scheme. NY Times hates us.

It's awesome!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 08:00:15 PM »
I am VERY concerned about Thom Tillis. I do not know Dr. Brannon well, but I KNOW Thom Tillis and Kay Hagan. Count me as one vote for the good Doctor, God willing I should live to vote again.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ