Author Topic: Get ready to absorb the first wave of Syrian regugees  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Get ready to absorb the first wave of Syrian regugees
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 12:59:53 PM »
Can't read the piece.  FP wants log-ins now.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 02:29:21 PM »
What?  Why those demonic little squirrels!

Basically it says we're taking 4k Syrian refugees and they have no fricken idea how many more after that...but I m sure between the US supplied weapons creating more refugees and new anchor babies the toll will only be maybe 20 times what they think it might be.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 02:33:33 PM »

Basically it says we're taking 4k Syrian refugees and they have no fricken idea how many more after that...but I m sure between the US supplied weapons creating more refugees and new anchor babies the toll will only be maybe 20 times what they think it might be.

The last I read about this -- and I posted it around here somewhere -- was that the UN was asking us to take up to 70,000.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 05:02:07 PM »

The last I read about this -- and I posted it around here somewhere -- was that the UN was asking us to take up to 70,000.

Send 'em to Iraq or Egypt or Libya or....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson