Author Topic: The smearing of Hillsdale's president  (Read 860 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
The smearing of Hillsdale's president
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:22:21 PM »
Its reputation has attracted talented youth to Michigan like Kayla Cash, an African-American from Rochester, N.Y. “I came to Hillsdale because race is not a factor,” she says. “They see me for my talents as a student.”

So at a public hearing on Common Core state standards and on front pages last week, Democrats and their media stooges tried to smear Hillsdale’s reputation by framing its president as a bigot. I’m not making this up.

“Hillsdale president blasted over race remark,” screamed the Detroit Free Press’s A1 headline, trumpeting Democratic attacks on Arnn for allegedly using a racial slur. “It’s absolutely unbelievable to me that the president of an institution of higher learning would utter such a derogatory statement,” roared Rep. David Knezek, D-Dearborn Heights.

But the hearing transcript reveals that Democrats willfully took Arnn’s comments out of context. Arnn’s use of the term “dark ones” was clearly a description of Michigan education bureaucrats’ crude practice of walking around campus counting Hillsdale students by the color of their skin. The real outrage here is the Michigan Education Department’s (MDE) treatment of one of the state’s most upstanding colleges. Arnn’s contempt is understandable. In a 1999 visit to Hillsdale, the MDE criticized Hillsdale for not having a “diverse” student body because it did not record racial criteria for its students — that is, it did not discriminate to achieve racial admissions quotas.

According to page 10 of the MDE’s own 16-page report, “the team had to respond to this standard based on observation of the students on campus.” That is, MDE bureaucrats took their clipboards and began literally recording which students were light-colored and which were dark-colored.

“That makes me uncomfortable,” says Cash, who is a senior at Hillsdale. “If I had seen that, I would have been offended that they were judging students just by their skin color.”

When Arnn exposed this outrage, an MDE spokeswoman initially claimed the visit never happened. No wonder. Its report of the visit is disturbing evidence of how government has turned civil rights on its head into a quota system.

He's mentioned this in speeches many times.  He tells the story of the MDE looking for the "dark ones".  Everyone always understands that he means they're looking for dark skinned people for their reports. I'm not sure how using the phrase "dark ones" is even bigoted but I guess if you hate Hillsdale you'll try anything.

I look forward to hearing his next speech.  I hope he incorporates this latest in his observations.

link to article and links to Dr. Arnn's actual remarks

This will probably increase donations to Hillsdale. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The smearing of Hillsdale's president
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 02:34:04 PM »
I was shocked to see it was Democrat White Trash that made those comments

Racist White Trash, David Knezek.

At the University of Michigan-Dearborn, Knezek served as president of the student body before earning a bachelor’s degree in political science.

A short bus rider could aspire to nothing more.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 04:16:16 PM »

At the University of Michigan-Dearborn, Knezek served as president of the student body before earning a bachelor’s degree in political science.

Hillsdale:
Freshman Profile: Average test scores: 29 ACT, 1980 SAT, 54% in the top 10% of their graduating classes, average incoming GPA of 3.8
(37% from Michigan, 63% representing 47 other states and eight foreign countries)
link

UM-Dearborn:
Average 3.57 GPA
Average 24.28 ACT score
(91.2% Michigan Residents)
link

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 06:12:02 PM »
Waiting for this Leftist trash to call out the race-baiters for constantly calling everyone not Caucasian "Brown People" in 3...2...1... phhht....

I'm so sick of it. I'd just as soon such people were dead.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 06:16:55 PM »
I was shocked to see it was Democrat White Trash that made those comments

Racist White Trash, David Knezek.

A short bus rider could aspire to nothing more.

Dearborn......Hmmmm......When will he convert?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 07:18:16 AM »
Dang, Don beat me to the punch again!

They should throw a Fundraiser on campus, lot's of treats...lots of pork products (pulled pork, bar-b-que, sausage...)...

Have fun events for the kiddies like "pin the tail on the jackass" with pics of Knezek's gay mug pasted on an ass!

Oh, and gosh, what a shock a leftard race-baiting loser was prominently splashed across the pages of the Detroit Free Press...man that almost doesn't happen (more than a dozen times a day)!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.