Author Topic: WI Supreme Court Returns  (Read 22142 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: WI Supreme Court Returns
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2011, 11:34:08 AM »
Now sitting at a 224 vote deficit with two Dem precincts and one GOP precinct yet to report. What besides irregularities would be preventing these three precincts from reporting?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2011, 11:53:59 AM »
I want all the Hispanderers to take note, because this is a microcosm of the country's electoral future with current demographic trends. This is what mathematical impossibility looks like. Soon they will be a permanent majority in DC. Why else do you think they're flipping off the electorate with Obamacare and the like? They know the score.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #162 on: April 06, 2011, 12:03:18 PM »
235 vote deficit with only one precinct in conservative Jefferson county yet to report.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline michelleo

« Reply #163 on: April 06, 2011, 12:30:01 PM »
Someone over at hotair said it best: it's within the margin of fraud.  Not good.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2011, 01:14:09 PM »
JoAnne Kloppenburg's tiny lead over incumbent justice David Prosser for a seat on the Wisconsin State Supreme Court is now at 224 votes as one precinct is left to count, the Town of Lake Mills in Jefferson County.

According to the Lake Mills Leader newspaper, a problem with its tally sheets kept the township from reporting any results to Jefferson County last night. Election officials in the township were supposed to begin counting 24 remaining uncounted votes and review their tally sheets again at 8:30 a.m. this morning but because there was a lack of a quorum on the Board of Canvassers, the vote count did not begin until 11:45 a.m.

Prosser carried Jefferson County by a 58-42 percent margin. The township reportedly has some 700-760 votes to add to the county total.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2011, 01:23:08 PM »
The margin widened briefly to about 330 votes, and now is back down to 206, with the town of Lake Mills still yet to report.

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2011, 01:39:28 PM »

::slapfight::          ::praying:: 
    ::saywhat::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2011, 04:37:45 PM »
So that's how it happens. One precinct from one conservative-leaning county has a "problem with its tally sheets" that not only cause it to fail to report results last night, but fail to do so throughout the next day into the late afternoon. By the time that late afternoon rolls around, all other precincts are in, and the race stands at a 206 vote deficit for the Republican. Then this one remaining precinct in a town called called "Lake Mills" in this conservative leaning Jefferson county somehow provides enough Leftist votes to pad the Leftists lead by another 563, leaving the total at a 769 vote deficit?

This is a town of 5,557. Let's assume they are all adults of voting age - completely childless. Following the projected turnout model for yesterdays election of 20%, that means about 1111 people from lake Mills voted yesterday. In order to produce an additional 563 vote deficit, that means that among those 1111 people, there were 837 for Kloppenheimer and 274 for Prosser. Or, a 75% - 25% split - more heavily Democrat than even Dane County.

But of course we know that Lake Mills Wisconsin is NOT populated with 100% voting age adults. At the 2000 census, 27% were under age 18. So unless they've all grown up and no one new has had children, we could assume at least a 20% population of people under the age of 18. That would bring the eligible voters down somewhere around 889 people total, split 769 to 163, or, 87% to 13%.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2011, 04:42:41 PM »
That would be coming out of a conservative-leaning county??

What are the rules covering recounts there?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2011, 04:44:08 PM »

I believe that less than .5% triggers an automatic recount. Which will of course be overseen by a Democrat Secretary of State.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »
Right.  He's a Dem.  So, now what?  Are the Republicans there planning any action?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2011, 04:58:13 PM »
Sorry, folks, but as I predicted...they found a way. They always do, you know.

And I really liked the unbiased first paragraph by the AP on this election:

MADISON— Wisconsin voters sent Republican Gov. Scott Walker a clear message about their unhappiness with his muscling through a law restricting union rights by sending a once runaway state Supreme Court race toward a near-certain recount and filling the governor’s former post with a Democrat.

Only in the fantasy world of AP "reporting" does a 200 vote margin in a nearly 1.5 million vote election equal a clear signal of anything. This is obviously an opinion piece that has been submitted as a "story." Pure post election cheerleading by the AP.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:29:26 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2011, 11:56:58 PM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:05:10 AM by Roy Rogers »
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2011, 11:58:00 PM »
Is Roy typing in invisible pixels now?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2011, 11:59:03 PM »

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2011, 12:05:56 AM »

So much for using lemon juice...
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2011, 12:09:50 AM »

::hysterical::

Did that EVER work?

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2011, 04:36:50 AM »

::hysterical::

Did that EVER work?

Pan lit a candle under her screen . She know all the tricks !

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2011, 06:01:08 AM »
I heard yesterday that 33% eligible voted up from the usual 20% for election cycles cor judges so you get what you pay for. ::angry::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2011, 06:54:04 AM »

I believe that less than .5% triggers an automatic recount. Which will of course be overseen by a Democrat Secretary of State.

I thought I heard on the radio that they do not have automatic recounts, that candidates have to request them.  But an appeal either way is likely.  Given their law and the politics involved, I do not see a recusal in the offing so the end is already writ en I think.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.