Author Topic: Welfare vs work.  (Read 570 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Welfare vs work.
« on: August 21, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Welfare vs work.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:57:47 AM »
I dunno, why?

$29,350 in MN & $14,890 in WI.  MN getting into real money status...no doubt we'll pass $30k with dipsh*t Dayton in office.  But since I would only need to cover food, fuel, insurance & taxes in WI...that's close to doable.

Wait, what constitutes a "family"?  Am I a family?

Might have to get my ass fired soon...suck unemployment for all it's worth (one way of getting all that SocSec & Medicare theft back!) and then suck on other programs...wtf...like Weisshaupt says...why work?  I always told my friends and family if we ever went commie I'd stop being productive!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Welfare vs work.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:45:26 PM »
Even before the Obamanation descended upon this land, I recall reading a study that showed a family of 4 making less than $24,000 per year (or something in that range) actually had more disposable income at the end of the month than another family of 4 making $60,000 per year. The sole difference was that the $24k family qualified for all the different welfare, food stamp, housing and utility subsidies, and other "public assistance" programs.

I also read another study that showed that we could literally give $40,000 per year to everyone under the poverty line and it would be less than what we currently spend on the welfare state. Of course, rather than view that as an indictment of the welfare state, people like Jesse Jackson Jr. thought it was evidence that that's exactly what we should be doing...giving people $40,000 per year stipends.  At least Junior has somewhat of an excuse: he's insane.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly