Author Topic: Redrawing State lines  (Read 686 times)

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Redrawing State lines
« on: August 22, 2013, 12:50:31 PM »
Here's an interesting concept.  I personally don't like it, but discuss...
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
Re: Redrawing State lines
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 01:10:25 PM »
Nope.

EDIT:  This would not happen.  Big states would fight it, whole populations would deplore it, cultural identities and state ties disintegrate.

If by some fluke or devil's dream it did then what happens when migrants, movers, and other population shifts cause the population to fluctuate.

Now what about minorities in the local area?  What about our current federal government?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:14:13 PM by pisskop »
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »
I don't give a sht about "minorities" except they be as few as possible in my local area, but your point is valid about population shifts.  What happens to keep the numbers "equal"; armed borders?

Keep in mind that this is an art project, not a serious proposal, so take it easy with the emails about the sacred soil of Texas.

I imagine there are other folks who feel the same about the soil of their native states as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »
I don't give a sht about "minorities" except they be as few as possible in my local area, but your point is valid about population shifts.  What happens to keep the numbers "equal"; armed borders?

Keep in mind that this is an art project, not a serious proposal, so take it easy with the emails about the sacred soil of Texas.

I imagine there are other folks who feel the same about the soil of their native states as well.

!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »
I'd have to move.  Don't want a closer association with Detroit!

Seriously, gerrymandering would become the national power pass time to the exclusion of all else.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).