Author Topic: Current Illinois Status ??  (Read 1526 times)

Offline sfetter

Current Illinois Status ??
« on: August 19, 2013, 09:01:43 AM »
Whats the latest on the Illinois concealed carry.  I am getting ready to drive thru that state on my way to Wisconsin.  I would like to remain within the law when doing so.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Current Illinois Status ??
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:12:17 AM »
I drove to Indiana from MN a few weeks ago, taking me through IL. I ignored illegitimate law in favor of constitutional law.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:09:08 AM »
Whats the latest on the Illinois concealed carry.

It could by years before the dust settles on that. IDP is right. Ignore any man made law that violates or is in opposition to natural law and common sense. And as much as possible, stay away from places that have such laws.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »
What Trap & IDP said...and avoid the Chitcago area like it's plague-riddled (which isn't far from reality at all!).
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline sfetter

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »
While I appreciate and understand the above answers, I do not think that ignoring or citing constitutional law would keep you from being arrested if caught in violation.  For example - I know that you cannot carry into a rest stop.  But a form of carry was just approved recently.

I will not be going anywhere near Chicago.  We stay on interstates 74 & 39.  Thanks

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 02:51:53 PM »
While I appreciate and understand the above answers, I do not think that ignoring or citing constitutional law would keep you from being arrested if caught in violation.

No, it wouldn't.

For example - I know that you cannot carry into a rest stop.  But a form of carry was just approved recently.

I will not be going anywhere near Chicago.  We stay on interstates 74 & 39.  Thanks

I can't advise you technically, but I suspect you'd need a FOID card, issued by IL, to be in the clear. (Firearms Owner's ID).
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 03:52:33 PM »
While passing through just keep your iron in your vehicle and you will be O.K.  You just cannot have it outside of your vehicle.  Don't waste time there, just get in and get out as legally fast as you can.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 06:41:07 PM »
Make sure you don't shoot anyone that's black unless you yourself are black because that's OK because the Justice Brothers don't care so it must be OK, via omission. ::rolllaughing:: If however you're white, don't even think about it. If by any chance, you're involved in a shooting be sure, you can quickly place a knife in the victims hands.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 07:35:22 AM »

Offline sfetter

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 07:57:38 AM »
Thanks Guys.  I had read where as long as it is kept in my Truck, should be no issue.  Normally only stop twice in the state.  Have never had a problem before  in 30 years of taking this same trip.  Just never know these days.  this country is becoming more dangerous every day.  Even with a weapon, my wife and I know that bad things can happen, but we feel a lot better with one than without.

I just wanted to make sure nothing had changed in the last few days that I was not aware of.  Thank again for the responses

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 08:02:33 AM »
Amen, keep you and yours safe, have a good trip.   ::praying::

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 05:09:08 PM »
If they catch you with it loaded, ANYWHERE, there will be a problem. My men had one in their hotel room. it was confiscated, even though they had a legal right to have it, were licensed in the home state, the whole bit. Took hours to get it back, and were "detained" while they searched every jot and tittle of the law for an excuse to arrest them.
We HATE Illinois, as all law-abiding citizens, across the country should.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline sfetter

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »
Yes I have disliked Illinois for many years.  It really scares me just how close we are to a communist / gestapo state.

As long as the people have no will to rise up and stop this,  freedom will be gone on this earth. 

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 08:22:49 AM »
If they catch you with it loaded, ANYWHERE, there will be a problem. My men had one in their hotel room. it was confiscated, even though they had a legal right to have it, were licensed in the home state, the whole bit. Took hours to get it back, and were "detained" while they searched every jot and tittle of the law for an excuse to arrest them.
Perhaps some new "Welcome tot he Facist State of Illinois     make sure your papers ARE in order" signs

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »
Perhaps some new "Welcome tot he Facist State of Illinois     make sure your papers ARE in order" signs

Great idea...got a black can of spray paint?  A swastika would be an appropriate addition for their signage.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 08:11:07 PM »

Great idea...got a black can of spray paint?  A swastika would be an appropriate addition for their signage.
Sure would be!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 08:25:46 PM »
So the current status of Illinois is it still sucks?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 11:01:23 PM »
So the current status of Illinois is it still sucks?

Sounds like it. 

Was listening to Mark Belling last week and he was discussing a proposed WI law and his argument for passing it seemed to be WI doesn't want to be like Illinois.  ::laughonfloor::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."