Author Topic: US/Euro Intervention in Syria  (Read 13221 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: US/Euro Intervention in Syria
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 08:45:12 AM »
I think the crazies did it knowing full well PeacePrize would be forced to act on his red-line crap regardless if the Regime knows they were set up because when one accepts the mantle of Messiah one cannot be seen not acting and because this is good for distraction back home.

Now, that just got harder since the Brits denied a PM a war vote for the first time since 1782, but PeacePrize will press on.  Another destroy is deployed to the region in anticipation of kinetic action.

War, Hell Yeah, come on all you ObamaBots, your Messiah is calling on you!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 09:51:34 AM »
Ted Twitter Pic, Priceless!

http://im41.com/archives/37478

This is good too, insert "Obama" in the diatribe and yeah, perhaps the asshat can be said to give a damn about some semblance of constitutional protocol...otherwise all the dem's just look like the assholes they truly are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xpfpciJzBU&feature=player_embedded

And it is far from settled that the military is all for this escapade...

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/08/30/u-s-military-officer-on-obamas-plans-to-attack-syria-i-cant-believe-the-president-is-even-considering-it/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »
Bush's...er, Obama's "Intel proof" due any minute now...I wonder if it will be birth certificate grade?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/30/us-syria-crisis-usa-report-idUSBRE97T0I920130830

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 12:49:22 PM »
I like the new term, might I suggest we show due deference by prefacing it with President?  All hail President Peace Prize!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
President PeacePrize sent Lurch the horse-faced gigolo out to dazzle the presstitutes...what a Tour de Farce!

"We know..."  "We know..."

Yeah, we know...you're full of sh*t!!!

::mooning::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 05:42:01 PM »
The British are not coming! The British are not coming!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 01:29:58 PM »
The British are not coming! The British are not coming!

LOL.  That's funny, LV.

Not only are the British not coming, the Germans, the French, the UN, and the Canadians are not coming either.  Nor is NATO.  The Russians, however, will be kibitzing from the sidelines, with a big fat raspberry to Obongo, who has not properly gone to Congress for authorization to lob a few cruise missiles, for a couple-three days, at predetermined minor infrastructure targets, to not include Assad or his regime, beginning on a certain date, all of which have been announced to the world, despite there being no US national interest, nor national security issue at stake.

That about cover it?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 04:55:48 PM »
That about cover it?

Yep and better said than he'd ever say it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 01:24:30 PM »
Well, turns out I was wrong about France "not coming", I'm just not clear on whether it's just sanctions or bombings.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/08/31/shorter-obama-to-france-do-this-war-for-me/

And, then there's this:

... In his Rose Garden remarks today on Syria, President Obama said that he will seek a vote of authorization from the Congress when it returns from recess (which is on Sept. 9).

He also said has authority to bomb Syria without Congress' authorization. Here is the entire statement:

(Vid at link)

In his statement, the president also said this: "Yet while I believe I have the authority to carry out this military action without specific Congressional authorization, I know that the country will be stronger if we take this course and our actions will be even more effective."

Let's parse that.

1. He means that he thinks he has authority as president to bomb Syria without going to Congress at all.

Well, in that case he may be right, in the sense that any president has the power to do what Congress doesn't oppose. Obama illegally sent US bombers against Libya in 2011 without Congressional authority; by any stretch, the president was both declaring and making war, the former power reserved to the Congress alone.

But history, and not just of this administration, shows that Congress will usually be pretty passive about that kind of thing. The White House does not have that power so much by delegation as by concession.

However, there is another twist to what Obama might have meant that would require him to believe this, which is,

2. He means that even if Congress votes against authorizing the Syria war, he can still order the strikes because he didn't have to ask Congress in the first place.

If Congress votes to withhold authority for the strikes and Obama orders them anyway, then beyond question we will have reached one of the most serious Constitutional crises of our history. Unless unmistakably halted by Congress, we will have surrendered the last vestige of representative, Constitutional government. It is not obvious, however, that this what the president meant. Let us hope not.

But there is another component of what such a position might mean. Suppose my hypothetical news story comes true and Obama order the attacks even though Congress specifically withholds authority.

I would maintain that our flag-rank military officers are duty bound to disobey those orders.

A military officer's oath of commissioning says,

I ... do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; ...

There is no oath of loyalty or even obedience to the president. I say that for a general officer, from the chairman of the joint chief of staff on down, to commit acts of war against another country that have been actually forbidden by Congress would be one of the grossest violations of Constitutional military duty that can be imagined. That's the second prong of a potential Constitutional crisis.

Because if Obama ignores a Congressional vote against the war and sends in the missiles with the military obeying, then we will have entered the darkest place in our history indeed: a president with literally monarchical power to use the military as he wishes and a military leadership that agrees.

Update, 0710 CDT Sept. 1: David Gregory just said on NBC News morning newscast that Obama has made up his mind to attack Syria and that he will order it no matter what Congress votes.

This has all the makings of a nightmare in the making.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »
YOU OWN THIS, PRESIDENT COMMUNITY ORGANIZER!

It is sad that some Russians are going to die because of last year's bluster threatened by the inept, over-his-head community organizer, empty suit President. Does anybody think that a despot like Dr. Bashir Assad, the Reformer, would give a rat's ass about the rat-eared bastard's warning last year? You know Putin told him "don't worry about that little Prick, Bashir. I'll load up Syria with Russian troops, place them in militarily strategic positions, tell the little community organizer where they are, and then dare the impotent little potentate to do a damn thing."

All this to save the face of a little Marxist Little Big Man who has been out of his league since he voted "present" in the Illinois Senate a hundred times.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 08:03:03 AM »
  The way I'm looking at this mess is that for all his bullshyt about our reputation in the world he's managed to come out looking like an ego maniac(which he is) and our friends don't like him or more importantly don't trust him.   

And our enemies are out to prove that the Emperor has not clothes and no support from anyone and now he backs off the gas to make their case for them.But this will get spun as him being thoughtful and taking the time to follow the constitution which GWB never did and will blame the repubs for not helping the poor Syrians much to their shame.

Now you're free to kill me.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2013, 12:43:47 PM »
  The way I'm looking at this mess is that for all his bullshyt about our reputation in the world he's managed to come out looking like an ego maniac(which he is) and our friends don't like him or more importantly don't trust him.   

And our enemies are out to prove that the Emperor has not clothes and no support from anyone and now he backs off the gas to make their case for them.But this will get spun as him being thoughtful and taking the time to follow the constitution which GWB never did and will blame the repubs for not helping the poor Syrians much to their shame.

Now you're free to kill me.

You know the twisted, rotten mind of this enemy very well indeed:

http://im41.com/archives/37657

A tweet from the despicable Bill Maher

Kudos to Barry for restoring constitution re war powers. Tea People shld luv it but of course wont cuz President Blackenstein did it

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2013, 03:52:56 PM »
Maher took time out of his busy day playing with midget-tranny-hooker's to post a useless Tweet to his 3 followers...wow, I'm so impressed!

/

There is widespread public sentiment against US action in Syria, Obama dearly needs a congressional vote of approval so his fat ass has political cover to handle any blowback, if he goes it alone without Congress he invites scathing attack and the issue will dominate 2014 elections which President PeacePrize will make Congressional inaction on this and a host of issues the sole defining campaign theme and Pubbies will no doubt play it all wrong and look like the bumbling idiots they are, so in the end PeacePrize wins either way.  Regardless, the right choice is not giving him his Congressional cover.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2013, 05:04:10 PM »
"U.S. Sen. Richard Burr (N.C.) issued the following statement regarding the ongoing security situation in Syria:

Civilized people should be outraged by the deaths of thousands of Syrian civilians and the many more who have been maimed in this horrible civil war.

The Syrian regime’s use of chemical weapons against civilians is morally repugnant and violates long held standards of conduct.

Short of putting troops on the ground, it is time for the United States and our NATO allies to take necessary, punitive military action against the Syrian regime and send a clear signal to its leadership, and others in the region who may be contemplating using weapons of this nature, that there are consequences for these actions."

I forget where I got this.  Nevermind, I checked Burr's webpage and there it friggin is.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2013, 05:06:27 PM »
Idiot.

Related to Aaron?

Whatever, a useless idiot Obama must adore.  Big Govt Neo-Con jackwagon!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2013, 05:11:20 PM »
Idiot.

Related to Aaron?

Whatever, a useless idiot Obama must adore.  Big Govt Neo-Con jackwagon!

Yah, Richard Burr of
Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) slammed a proposal to block a continuing resolution on federal funding unless ObamaCare is defunded.

“I think it’s the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard,” Burr told journalist Todd Zwilich Thursday. “Listen, as long as Barack Obama is president the Affordable Care Act is gonna be law.” …

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »
Abandon all hope...ye who enter the GOP!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »
Yeah that turd has been on my sh*tlist ever since he refused to unequivocally state his position on Feinstein's gun grab bill. "As long as Barack Obama is president", oh sure. Guarantee you we could have a Republican in the White House tomorrow and he wouldn't quite be able to muster the desire to get rid of it then either.

These are creatures of the Beltway. It's not so much Democrat-Republican, it's the political class vs. the unwashed rabble. Man, the Senate really is chock full of the absolute worst of the lot too.

Not much else to say, but you know what I'm thinking about.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 08:05:56 AM »
It's on my mind almost always...and that pisses me off too!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 08:54:59 AM »
Among many things someone whom I might be related to has done in a branch of the service he might have been in is to maybe have worked on report preparation for CENTCOM.  Nobody in government doesn't know that there are three sides in Syria.  Assad, Al Qaeda, and the Muslim Brotherhood.

No one in government doesn't know that Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood are working for an Islamic Caliphate, as that is the official position of CENTCOM.  As such, why is Richard Burr calling for America helping Al Qaeda in establishing that Islamic Caliphate?