Author Topic: HUh?! Beck Leaving Fox?!  (Read 3617 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: HUh?! Beck Leaving Fox?!
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 10:55:01 PM »
I've never actually watched his TV show.  It comes on when I'm still at work and the rerun is late at night when I'm either glued to the internet or in bed.

I only hear his radio show for 10-15 minutes a day when I'm on break at work.  It's remarkable how much influence he's had on me with such minimal exposure.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 11:10:35 PM »
  I've heard him say multiple times if he was reduced to standing on a street-corner to "tell it", that's what he'd do.

And that's just BS. Limbaugh has three hours a day and is one of the most influential voices out there. Not just with conservatives. He influences things way outside of conservative circles.

Perhaps Beck has come full circle and is beginning to realize that it's more about quality than it is about quantity when it comes to influence. Certainly he has enough money by now so perhaps, for him, it's about influence.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 11:17:27 PM »
  I've heard him say multiple times if he was reduced to standing on a street-corner to "tell it", that's what he'd do.

And that's just BS. Limbaugh has three hours a day and is one of the most influential voices out there. Not just with conservatives. He influences things way outside of conservative circles.

Perhaps Beck has come full circle and is beginning to realize that it's more about quality than it is about quantity when it comes to influence. Certainly he has enough money by now so perhaps, for him, it's about influence.

I've seen no reason to believe otherwise and until I do, I'll gladly give Beck the benefit of the doubt.  I don't see his influence having an adverse affect on anybody except our mutual enemies, trap.  So what's the beef?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 11:29:54 PM »
It's BS that he needs to stand on a street corner. My point was that his radio show is all he needs to be influential. I used Limbaugh as an example.

I am wondering what Levin thinks of this news. Levin has made no secret of his animus toward "the 5pm'er." Never understood Levin's attitude about Beck, myself.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:34:32 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 11:30:34 PM »

Just a shot in the dark here, but I believe Beck now considers his work as his calling from God; he's practicing a good bit of his religion by being "a voice in the darkness".

You're right about his schedule though; it would take a superhuman, which he is not, to keep up his grueling pace and not succumb to something.

I suspect he realizes the hour-long format is no longer adequate (I don't believe it ever was - it permitted a hit on just the high points) to get out the information he believes is urgent.

And John's right too, IMO; we haven't heard the last of Beck.  I've heard him say multiple times if he was reduced to standing on a street-corner to "tell it", that's what he'd do.

Spot on from this corner of the world..

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 12:01:12 AM »
It's BS that he needs to stand on a street corner. My point was that his radio show is all he needs to be influential. I used Limbaugh as an example.

I am wondering what Levin thinks of this news. Levin has made no secret of his animus toward "the 5pm'er." Never understood Levin's attitude about Beck, myself.

Ah, I see.  But, you know trap, I think if he was reduced to standing on the street, he'd feel driven to do so.

I don't understand Levin's attitude toward Beck either; toward O'Reilly I get.  Which is the spot he said tonight he's after - 8PM, not 5.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 12:30:51 AM »

IMHO Levin perceives style as a lack of discipline.  Levin and the professionals (I'm thinking Krauthammer picking on Palin) expect a certain presentation of rational logic and Beck is more the hyper active and histrionic, therefore undisciplined in thought.

Beck is dishing out a lot of information and his audience is not a major's class at the university.  I haven't seen his demographics but I would hazard he, in ratio, has more younger people in his audience than Levin or the Nightly Report.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 10:20:37 AM »
 I just through catching up on the shows I couldn't watch last night. Greta had a clip of Beck on with judge Napolitano on Freedom Watch and Beck said that he was leaving the 5P.M. show but he warned those that were celebrating that when he does his new projects planned on FOX that they will wish he was still on at 5P.M.

I can't find the vid.

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 10:28:25 AM »
I just through catching up on the shows I couldn't watch last night. Greta had a clip of Beck on with judge Napolitano on Freedom Watch and Beck said that he was leaving the 5P.M. show but he warned those that were celebrating that when he does his new projects planned on FOX that they will wish he was still on at 5P.M...

That makes perfect sense. What WOULDN'T make sense is for someone riding a tide as huge as Beck's to take a step backwards or down. It is logical to assume that this move was a conscious decision meant to somehow expand his message and media presence.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 03:06:44 PM »
. . .

OK, here's the deal on Beck. He has all the money he needs, so he has been blessed with the opportunity and the freedom to unleash his creative and artistic genius. As long as he was under contract to Fox, there were certain "limitations" on what he could broadcast on his television show.

With the news that Beck and Fox are parting ways at the end of his contract, the Left is almost giddy with the prospect of Beck gone. As they indulge themselves with the delusional fantasy that somehow they or Media Matters were responsible, I say to them: You will be sorry. With nobody other than the market to decide the value of Beck's new venture, they will look back and wish for the good times, when Fox had some influence over Beck to limit the topics discussed by this man.

Unleash the hounds . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 03:14:39 PM »
. . .

OK, here's the deal on Beck. He has all the money he needs, so he has been blessed with the opportunity and the freedom to unleash his creative and artistic genius. As long as he was under contract to Fox, there were certain "limitations" on what he could broadcast on his television show.

With the news that Beck and Fox are parting ways at the end of his contract, the Left is almost giddy with the prospect of Beck gone. As they indulge themselves with the delusional fantasy that somehow they or Media Matters were responsible, I say to them: You will be sorry. With nobody other than the market to decide the value of Beck's new venture, they will look back and wish for the good times, when Fox had some influence over Beck to limit the topics discussed by this man.

Unleash the hounds . . .

Like Beck said and I posted earlier he warned them by sayinf that they will wish he was still on at 5.P.M.so it sounds like the hounds are running as we speak.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 05:24:45 PM »
In the 10-minute snippet of the radio show I heard today, Glenn and the gang were having a lot of fun with the media coverage of his leaving Fox.

Like I said, I haven't seen the TV show, but is he as funny as he is on the radio?  Seriously, he's better than many professional comedians.  Sometimes he'll be discussing a deadly serious topic and drop in an offhand remark that is side-splitting.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 05:31:57 PM »
In the 10-minute snippet of the radio show I heard today, Glenn and the gang were having a lot of fun with the media coverage of his leaving Fox.

Like I said, I haven't seen the TV show, but is he as funny as he is on the radio?  Seriously, he's better than many professional comedians.  Sometimes he'll be discussing a deadly serious topic and drop in an offhand remark that is side-splitting.

Personally? I think his radio show is a hoot. I think I wet myself when Beck, Stu and Pat reviewed the 2010 election results. Happy days are here again . . .

Happy Days are Here Again - Glen Beck Radio
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 05:45:14 PM »
Beck unleashed.....You silly, silly liberals. Can't see the forrest for the trees.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »
Man I don't know who the hell that guy in the background is but he's just nuts!!I can just see Beck without an filters on him. Dear God what have they done!!!I don't even know what the hell smilie I can use for this one.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:06:12 PM by John Florida »
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
 ::gaah::And I'm leaving planet earth! ::cussing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

charlesoakwood

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 07:32:29 PM »

Personally? I think his radio show is a hoot. I think I wet myself when Beck, Stu and Pat reviewed the 2010 election results. Happy days are here again . . .

Happy Days are Here Again - Glen Beck Radio

Thanks, I needed that.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2011, 08:07:01 PM »

Remember that when the sh*t hits the fan!  ::bashing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow