Author Topic: A "new force of nature" discovered?  (Read 1741 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
A "new force of nature" discovered?
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:54:04 AM »
US atom smasher may have found new force of nature: report

US physicists are to announce Wednesday that data from a major atom smasher lab may have revealed a new elementary particle, or potentially a new force of nature, the New York Times reported.

A spokeswoman from the US Department of Energy's Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, which operates the powerful particle accelerator Tevatron, said the results would be released at 2100 GMT but offered no further details.

"Nobody knows what this is," said Christopher Hill, a theorist at Fermilab who was not part of the team, according to the New York Times.

"If it is real, it would be the most significant discovery in physics in half a century."

The Times report said the findings relate to a "suspicious bump" in the physicists' data and could involve "a new and unexpected version of the long-sought Higgs-boson."

Sometimes called the "God Particle," the Higgs-boson has long eluded physicists who believe it could explain why particles have mass and its discovery is one of the most sought-after in all of physics.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: A "new force of nature" discovered?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »
Careful now!  I don't think God wants anybody manhandling his particle!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »
Careful now!  I don't think God wants anybody manhandling his particle!

Yep . This could be the final thing that The Almighty doesn't want us to know about ... Which could close the book on everything ...  ::speechless::   ::laserkill::   ::bows::   ::doh::   ::angel::

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 12:50:56 PM »

I believe there's already a thread about this.

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,852.0.html
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 01:14:32 PM »

::thumbsup::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »

::bows:: ::cool:: ::hysterical::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson