Author Topic: MO set to override libiot Governor veto of bill nullifying Fed gun laws  (Read 1185 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=200706

Libiots...will vote for the override because they fear voter backlash if they don't, but say its unconstitutional...probably the same asshats that said Obama's Unaffordable Care Act was constitutional...

Whatever...I like the pushback, and if Fed courts all the way up to SCOTUS want to usher in tyranny we might as well end the debate and get on with the inevitable civil war.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: MO set to override libiot Governor veto of bill nullifying Fed gun laws
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 10:08:08 AM »
Good.  If I was them, I wouldn't give a rat's what the Court said afterward either.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 02:35:32 PM »
I also look forward to dealing with commenters like "carlito" at that link. See, once the rule of law has well and truly evaporated and people go into open rebellion, lots of scores are going to get settled. I actually pray to God on nearly a daily basis to forgive me for some of the thoughts that enter into my mind, because I hate these people with a perfect hatred.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 03:17:59 PM »
I also look forward to dealing with commenters like "carlito" at that link. See, once the rule of law has well and truly evaporated and people go into open rebellion, lots of scores are going to get settled. I actually pray to God on nearly a daily basis to forgive me for some of the thoughts that enter into my mind, because I hate these people with a perfect hatred.

Oh, at the Doug Ross link .....

Sounds like the Carlito-types may have scores of their own to settle.  Molon Labe.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 02:57:46 PM »
Yeah, I'll meet the Carlito types anywhere anytime during the Great Reckoning that is coming...if might makes right then Carlito won't mind one bit ending up on a pike.  Maybe his precious Federal government goons will help him...likely not as they'll be otherwise occupied saving their own skins...or maybe the vaunted Judiciary that deviated from Founding Principles that enshrined centralized authority where none was meant to thrive...oh wait, they'll be running like scared rabbits too.  Too bad for Carlito, yeah, too bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 05:46:15 PM »
Now, for the Missouri Senate....

Missouri House overrides Governor Nixon's veto of legislation nullifying federal firearm regulation

A Missouri bill attempting to nullify some federal gun-control policies is one step away from becoming law.

The Missouri House voted 109-49 Wednesday to override Gov. Jay Nixon’s veto of the legislation. But the measure still needs a two-thirds majority vote in the Senate to become law.

The legislation declares that any federal policies that “infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms” shall be invalid in Missouri. It allows state misdemeanor charges to be brought against federal authorities who attempt to enforce those laws, or against anyone who publishes the identity of a gun owner.

Nixon said the bill could violate the U.S. Constitution’s guarantee of free speech and its supremacy clause that gives precedence to federal laws over conflicting state ones.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 06:09:26 PM »
It allows state misdemeanor charges to be brought against ... anyone who publishes the identity of a gun owner.

Nixon said the bill could violate the U.S. Constitution’s guarantee of free speech and its supremacy clause that gives precedence to federal laws over conflicting state ones.

Oh, screw that AND HIM.  There's no freedom of speech in publishing my personal information and it's the damn government who demands and records that information in the first place.  Public record my ass.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 06:11:37 PM »
We have a thread going here somewhere from when police in Missouri gave the Feds the identities of carry permit holders. This legislation seems at least in part to be a direct response to that dastardly despicable act.

ETA: Found it
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 07:32:10 AM »
We have a thread going here somewhere from when police in Missouri gave the Feds the identities of carry permit holders. This legislation seems at least in part to be a direct response to that dastardly despicable act.

ETA: Found it

Yeah, there was another instance somewhere else...CT?  Oh, and we cannot forget the outing of permitholders in NY either!

And that "Supremacy" argument has been used to usher in all manner of unconstituional acts!  That "The State" can be given powers it was not meant to have by a bunch of black-robe-sporting judicial-activists does not translate into either action being "Constitutional"...it is our Right, our Duty to resist unconstitutional acts wherever they may occur and take the power back that was illegally taken from us!

Statists can take their Supremacy and shove it up their bums!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 07:33:34 AM »
I read late last night the the Missouri senate failed to override by one f***ing vote. Bastards.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 08:23:12 AM »
I read late last night the the Missouri senate failed to override by one f***ing vote. Bastards.

Sadly, you are correct.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/mo-lawmakers-deciding-veto-override-gun-bill-20224865

::falldownshocked::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 08:52:50 AM »

Sadly, you are correct.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/mo-lawmakers-deciding-veto-override-gun-bill-20224865

The Republican backed bill was ultimately doomed by the top GOP leaders of the state senate, who cited concerns that the measure could have hindered local law enforcement efforts and infringed on free-speech rights.

Senators voted 22-12 for the veto override Wednesday night, falling a single vote shy of the required two-thirds majority. Senate President Pro Tem Tom Dempsey and Majority Leader Ron Richard split from the rest of the GOP caucus to instead sustain Democratic Governor Jay Nixon's veto.

Time and f***ing time again, it is the GOP that denies satisfaction to conservatives. Time and time again, they stab us in the back.

This vote could have been 24-10 - an overwhelming rebuke of federal government overreach. Instead, nothing. Because of GOP "leaders".

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 09:06:22 AM »

Time and f***ing time again, it is the GOP that denies satisfaction to conservatives. Time and time again, they stab us in the back.

This vote could have been 24-10 - an overwhelming rebuke of federal government overreach. Instead, nothing. Because of GOP "leaders".

I now leaning toward a theory.  RINO squishes run as RINO squishes because there are too many Dems trying to get the job, too much competition.  So they take the path party of least resistance.

Either that or they've all been emasculated in their sleep and never noticed.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 11:19:04 AM »

Sadly, you are correct.

The Republican backed bill was ultimately doomed by the top GOP leaders of the state senate, who cited concerns that the measure could have hindered local law enforcement efforts and infringed on free-speech rights.

Senators voted 22-12 for the veto override Wednesday night, falling a single vote shy of the required two-thirds majority. Senate President Pro Tem Tom Dempsey and Majority Leader Ron Richard split from the rest of the GOP caucus to instead sustain Democratic Governor Jay Nixon's veto.

Time to respond in kind...everywhere!!!!!