Author Topic: "Black Budget" Doc's (Snowden) Reveal Obama Regime's Assessment of Israel  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/08/leaked-documents-reveal-obama-administration-sees-israel-as-a-spying-threat/

Israel - Spy Threat!

Makes sense...the Obama Regime is the most hostile US government to Israel ever, so...I hope they are spying and planning accordingly!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I see the Israelis as being ultimately an ally, but there are things about their relationship with the US that I do not approve of. They do conduct espionage against us, and they do turn around and sell our technology to countries like China. To a certain extent it's to be expected that governments, even friendly ones, snoop on each other. But there's a force among conservatism that treats anything pertaining to Israel sort of like they do with the police, i.e. don't you dare criticize anything they do.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
True, and people have gone to jail for providing secrets to them as they should, but they've never had an enemy in America before, that is something new.  It is possible to look out for your own interests and keep tabs on even friends and not be out to get them...I cannot say with any confidence the Obama Regime doesn't want to get Israel...we're way beyond idiotic flower-child land-for-peace political pressure...they would have Israel reduced to a postage sized stamp of territory and be OK with what happened next.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I see the Israelis as being ultimately an ally, but there are things about their relationship with the US that I do not approve of. They do conduct espionage against us, and they do turn around and sell our technology to countries like China. To a certain extent it's to be expected that governments, even friendly ones, snoop on each other. But there's a force among conservatism that treats anything pertaining to Israel sort of like they do with the police, i.e. don't you dare criticize anything they do.

Jason Lewis speaks of this often. He takes it too far, in my view, by treading dangerously close to moral relativism in regard to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. But his view on foreign policy in regards to Israel has become one of America distancing itself from the internal conflicts of others, Israel included.

Even though I believe that Israel is among the most natural and necessary US allies, I think there are a few forces at work that cause conservatives to look at Israel with glasses sometimes more rose-colored than warranted.

In the view of most conservatives, America is a Christian nation, or at the very least, we recognize the fact that America was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. Israel is a Jewish nation in much the same way the US is a Christian nation - secular government, inclusive of other religions or the non-religious.

However, regardless of the form of israel's current government, the nation of Israel being equated with Judaism is a biblical fact. The Hebrew people are God's chosen. Jesus Christ was a Jew. Therefore I think that many American Christians are uncomfortable separating the Jewish people from the deeds of the state of Israel, even though many Israelis are secular Jews, and the actions of the nation are not necessarily sanctioned by God.

Also, conservatives remember history. We understand and acknowledge the Holocaust. It is the Leftist ideology that condones exterminating undesireables in their drive for ideological domination. It is the Leftist ideology that always devolves into anti-semitism. We recognize and abhor that.

Finally, we understand the difference between good and evil. We recognize the evil of Islam, and naturally understand that our friends are those who ally with us against it. In that regard, there is no better friend than Israel.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Oh I have no doubts that the current animus against Israel goes way beyond anything they've done that might have rightly ruffled some feathers here and there. Obama's animus against them is motivated by his unconcealed position of sympathy for the cause of Islam, and probably because he also sees Israel as an outpost of basically white, Western civilization.

To all the morons with a hate-on for Israel, they should really ask themselves why is it that there are many Arab Muslims who have Israeli citizenship, but zero Israeli Jews with similar arrangements in neighboring countries. I've also employed a thought experiment, say you were on a ship or plane disaster over the eastern Med or the Red Sea, and woke up to find yourself being taken to a hospital in one of the region's countries. Who would really say they'd rather be going to Syria or Yemen or somewhere other than Israel? Going to an Israeli hospital = sense of relief, going to an Arab hospital = sense of oh sh*t.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Still trying to figure out where the names Judea and Samaria came from...I'll get back to y'all on that...might be a while though...I'm still trying to find historical links to ancient people known as Palestianians, so far I got squat.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Yeah Judea, almost like it's a name from the people who were living there thousands of years ago.  The Palestinians, yeah I think they were called Philistines. A word that has become a synonym for barbaric and uncultured, yeah sounds like them.

- Yours Truly

RickZ

Re: "Black Budget" Doc's (Snowden) Reveal Obama Regime's Assessment of Israel
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 09:06:20 AM »
If we weren't screwing Israel over all the time by telling them how to deal with the Palis, even demanding Israel give them a state, then Israel would have no need to spy on us.  But for some reason, we feel we have the right to tell them how to deal with the savages in their midst.

Israel should respond by telling us to open our borders to the savages in Mexico.  Oh wait, . . .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 11:21:50 AM »
Bingo!

::thumbsup::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 07:52:41 PM »
Still trying to figure out where the names Judea and Samaria came from...I'll get back to y'all on that...might be a while though...I'm still trying to find historical links to ancient people known as Palestianians, so far I got squat.

Cuase they didn't exist at that time and place they were just nomads that came and went and had no homeland.

Judea!
http://www.bible-history.com/maps/southern_palestine_judea.html
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 12:33:38 AM »
I'm totally good with the whole religious angle. I believe it, myself. But...it isn't necessary to explain or justify what Israel does.

Israel spies because it must.

It really isn't any more complicated than that.

Israel lives under a constant threat of annihilation. Name another country that is in a situation that is even vaguely similar to Israel's. I can't.

Are they merely paranoid? No, no I don't think so.

There are these little incidents like the 1972 Munich Olympic massacre and the 1976 hostage crisis at Entebbe, Uganda and countless other smaller episodes of innocent Israelis being bombed or stabbed or shot or burned or beheaded or whatever the arab de jour can come up with. Oh...and then there was that near extinction thingy in Germany a while back.

So...putting myself in Israel's shoes...they live in about as hostile an environment as possible short of maybe the surface of the sun. They live the life of the existential threat and apparently they always will. If I were "the state of Israel" I would be a total fool to not be 100% invested in espionage just to live to see another day.

And yeah, Israel has never faced a US admin as openly hostile toward them as this one is. Sure, they spied on us before...they have always spied on us. But in years gone by that spying has almost certainly been one consistent with the "trust but verify" mindset. These days the spying is of a more necessary nature...we have become more or less antagonistic toward them. And since they won't get a mulligan if they are successfully attacked...seriously, under the right circumstances it's one and done for them...they actually take their own "homeland security" a bit more seriously than we do.

So, yeah, they spy. They would already be dead if they didn't. I totally sympathize with their situation.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 12:12:09 PM »
Just because they are paranoid does not mean that there are not actually someone out to get them.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 03:01:01 PM »
Just because they are paranoid does not mean that there are not actually someone out to get them.

They're only paranoid till they get the people after them,then theyre right!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie