Author Topic: Muslim Brotherhood Outlawed in Egypt  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Muslim Brotherhood Outlawed in Egypt
« on: September 23, 2013, 07:15:02 AM »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_EGYPT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-09-23-08-06-19

Enforcing that ban will be interesting...if there is no enforcement it has no effect.  Good luck!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

Re: Muslim Brotherhood Outlawed in Egypt
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 12:45:10 PM »
I thought they had been "outlawed" during the whole time of the mubarak leadership?  It's like outlawing guns and expecting criminals to not rob the corner store at gunpoint because they couldn't get a legal gun to do so....
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 07:14:16 AM »
The courts there tend to want to live and not be slaughtered by one group or another...there is no such thing as precedent over there...

Come to think of it our Supremes are pretty much pulling crap out of their butts too...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 07:29:21 AM »
This is pretty awesome, not just for Egypt. Obama's impotence is on display once again.

He attempted to have his Muslim Brotherhood man Morsi installed in the wake of the US encouraged ouster of Mubarek. That lasted a year.

Then he attempted to label the uprising of the Egyptian people a "coup". That lasted about a week.

Then he made demands that the MB be included in any new formation of Egyptian government. That went unheeded.

Now, not only will the MB not be included in the government, any organized MB activity is outlawed. Stymie is Stymied.

Too rich.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 07:41:32 AM »
The irony and impotence of Obama foreign policy...if you can call emoting your inner pathologies into something called "policy" and effect it...whatever it is, the real world consequences cannot be shoved aside...anybody thinking the machinations of this Regime will not have serious repercussions in the future are delusional.  Of the latter this encompasses the entire Left in this nation, damn them all.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 01:29:29 PM »
This is pretty awesome, not just for Egypt. Obama's impotence is on display once again.

He attempted to have his Muslim Brotherhood man Morsi installed in the wake of the US encouraged ouster of Mubarek. That lasted a year.

Then he attempted to label the uprising of the Egyptian people a "coup". That lasted about a week.

Then he made demands that the MB be included in any new formation of Egyptian government. That went unheeded.

Now, not only will the MB not be included in the government, any organized MB activity is outlawed. Stymie is Stymied.

Too rich.

Now if we could just get 'em out of our own government ......
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 04:42:59 PM »
The irony and impotence of Obama foreign policy...if you can call emoting your inner pathologies into something called "policy" and effect it...

Libertas,
I love the way you put things.
  ;D
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 10:13:47 PM »
The irony and impotence of Obama foreign policy...if you can call emoting your inner pathologies into something called "policy" and effect it...

Libertas,
I love the way you put things.
  ;D

::hat-tip::