Author Topic: Gay kiss cam  (Read 1923 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Gay kiss cam
« on: September 04, 2013, 02:20:06 PM »
The Washington Nationals have one of the biggest gay fan bases of any professional sports team. Nationals Park is located in Washington, D.C., arguably the gayest city in America. The park has not one but two “nights OUT,” designed specifically for gay attendees. At the last one, the Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington sang the national anthem and openly lesbian Sen. Tammy Baldwin threw out the first pitch. There’s a falafel stand. It’s a pretty gay park.

In spite of the Nationals’ generally progressive vibe, however, one painfully heterosexist tradition continues: the kiss cam. Or more accurately, the straight kiss cam. Never in the entire history of the Nationals—and perhaps only once in the known history of professional sports in America—has a gay couple been intentionally featured on a kiss cam. At best, the kiss cam reinforces heterosexual norms and excludes gay people. At worst, it mocks same-sex affections and creates an atmosphere of homophobia. The time has come to include gay couples on the kiss cam—or to kill it altogether.

link

::facepalm::

These people are like the atheists always seeking out the slightest "slight" and taking all the fun out of everything.

edit: Eating falafel is gay?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:25:34 PM by LadyVirginia »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Gay kiss cam
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »
Never mind that 97% of the men the camera would aim at, are just drinking buddies attending a game.

Leftists are not a bright species of animal, are they?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 03:02:20 PM »
You know why they don't do a homosexual kiss-cam? Because the collective groan of disgust that would fill the stadium doesn't fit the narrative.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »
If your gonna have a "gay" kiss cam, then the park needs to do something to identify the gays.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 03:36:12 PM »
Mechanized gaydar?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 03:41:50 PM »
Mechanized gaydar?

I was thinking more of a giant rubber stuck on their heads.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 07:12:08 AM »
Just tell them top shove off...I mean can you imagine how over-the-top in-our-face repulsive acting-up they would be just to annoy the breeders?

Tell them to go to Disneyland, that's where faeries belong!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 08:22:50 AM »
EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
The thought made me throw up a little in my mouth

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 12:38:14 PM »
I don't know if they have their own cam, but....

They sure look made for lovin' someone.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 02:25:19 PM »
LOL. That invokes the thought of this - always worth watching again from time to time...

KISS - Rare, Incredible Performance!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 03:05:10 PM »
Wow!  Very well done!

Thanks for putting that here, IDP.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 04:34:36 PM »
LOL. That invokes the thought of this - always worth watching again from time to time...

Damn! Somebody went to a LOT of trouble to get that right! And it's funny as hell. ::rolllaughing::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 05:44:18 PM »

Damn! Somebody went to a LOT of trouble to get that right! And it's funny as hell. ::rolllaughing::

Wait.  That's not real?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 06:26:42 PM »

Wait.  That's not real?

I don't think KISS sings that song.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 07:13:47 PM »

Wait.  That's not real?

Well, I know who made it a hit and it wasn't them, butbutbut ......  So, it's not real?

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 08:20:03 PM »

Wait.  That's not real?

Well, I know who made it a hit and it wasn't them, butbutbut ......  So, it's not real?

I'm not a fan of the song OR Kiss, but I think I figured out it was fake. At least I think it was.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 06:42:45 AM »
I'll bet my bottom dollar it is fake, a damned good one though.  The irony of a bunch of macabre hard rockers singing that song and having it spliced together so well...genuis!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 08:14:52 AM »
Wait.  That's not real?

Every bit as real as the pic I posed of "Peter Criss" liking what "Ace Frehley" is doing to him, from behind.