Author Topic: Why Wearing a Baseball Cap Backwards is Dumb  (Read 1679 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Why Wearing a Baseball Cap Backwards is Dumb
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »
From Carpe Diem.  Hat tip Transterrestrial Musings.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Why Wearing a Baseball Cap Backwards is Dumb
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 06:40:54 PM »
It's obvious this guy would benefit from a fitted hat.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:47:09 PM »
Can't block the sun if you are walking BassAkwards ::beertoast::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 06:49:52 PM »

I believe this guy has been in the sun waaay to long.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »

I believe this guy has been in the sun waaay to long.
It's obvious this guy would benefit from a fitted hat.
From Carpe Diem.  Hat tip Transterrestrial Musings.
Ya'll Really think he even knows where His head is ::rockets::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:45:47 PM »
I'm not much of a hat/cap wearer but when we go (rifle) shooting and the weather is iffy I typically don a cap. That cap gets turned 'round bassackwards when I go to grab a sight image. My brother gives me no end of flak about it.

Maybe that's the real reason I keep turning it around  ;D

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 08:22:49 PM »
Those guys at the link are pathetic. These guys are much, much cooler...

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 09:17:48 PM »
They need those hats slapped off, their pants pulled up, their shirts downsized, those gang-signs twisted off their hands,  and their asses kicked for good measure.

Bad mamma jamma faces have got to go, too.  Let's see how baaad you are when I stick two fingers up your nose and show you to your room.

Jayzus Ka-ristmas!

On a calmer note, my Dad works in my brother's auto repair shop and, having no hair-padding on the top of his head anymore, wears a turned-around baseball cap to protect his head when working under the lift.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »
  Let's see how baaad you are when I stick two fingers up your nose and show you to your room.

I prefer pliers.  They ride easy in your back pocket and when applied correctly they cause the object to lose all concentration.

On a calmer note, my Dad works in my brother's auto repair shop and, having no hair-padding on the top of his head anymore, wears a turned-around baseball cap to protect his head when working under the lift.

...and welders and catchers on baseball teams.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 04:32:44 AM »
What irritates me is the general laxity of manners which has even invaded the more mature segment of society . I'm talking about men of all ages who don't remove their hats indoors and even sit in restaurants wearing their chapeaus . It's not a matter of  "tradition" but rather "standards" ... It seems we don't have them anymore .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 07:16:03 AM »
They need those hats slapped off, their pants pulled up, their shirts downsized, those gang-signs twisted off their hands,  and their asses kicked for good measure.

Bad mamma jamma faces have got to go, too.  Let's see how baaad you are when I stick two fingers up your nose and show you to your room.

Jayzus Ka-ristmas!

I hate that gangsta music and dress and act too...but one good thing about these idiots wearing their pants around their ankles...it makes it funny has hell to see them try to run!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline johnnycab23513

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 07:25:25 AM »
When I was driving taxi, I knew the fare was going to run without paying when he would pull his pants up while exiting the cab. As if I was going to get my fat, old, white ass out and chace him through the housing projets at two in the morning (or afternoon for that matter) for a few bucks. ::popcorn::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
When I was driving taxi, I knew the fare was going to run without paying when he would pull his pants up while exiting the cab. As if I was going to get my fat, old, white ass out and chace him through the housing projets at two in the morning (or afternoon for that matter) for a few bucks. ::popcorn::

Did that happen often? What a drag that would be.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 08:48:22 AM »
Retarded or dumb?  The never ending question.   ::stirpot::  ::hysterical::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 09:40:52 AM »
Those guys at the link are pathetic. These guys are much, much cooler...

It just occurred to me, maybe these gangstas are practicing for the shadow-puppet play at school.

Left > Right... Shooting the deer; two bunnies hopping; eagle in flight; two dogs barking...
 ::rimshot::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 10:04:35 AM »

Jayzus Ka-ristmas!

I hate that gangsta music and dress and act too...but one good thing about these idiots wearing their pants around their ankles...it makes it funny has hell to see them try to run!

::hysterical::

I once played a gig at a resort. It was a family-oriented place and they let me bring my daughter with me. As we set about the task of setting up the stage I noticed several wiggers doing their best pretend shuck~n~give routines oblivious to the disdainful reaction of the other patrons. One bothered me particularly because of his overt and offensive profanity.

I let it go until he moved on to graphically describing (imaginary) sexual activity with various female patrons (at least he wasn't a fag). That was the last straw. I walked over to him and reminded him that he wasn't in a boys bathroom and to show some respect. Naturally that was interpreted as me disrespecting him and he responded by slinking off and then trash-talking me just out of range (or so he thought). A bit of that with his buddies and he mustered up the courage to come back over to where the stage was to show me a thing or two.

The kid looked nineteen or twenty but had to be at least twenty-one since he and his buddies had been in the bar and presumably carded. He was wearing those trousers that are five sizes too big and hanging halfway down his butt-cheek, showing off his underpants. And he had his cap on backwards.

"Whatchu doin dissin me in front o my homies?" he challenged.

"Look boy. This is a family place filled with decent people. If you want to act like little savages that's fine with me but do it somewhere else"

"I can do whatever i wanna" he replied.

"Then so can I"  :supercool:

"Did you know that your cap is defective?" I started

"How so?"

"Because someone sewed the brim on the back of it. You oughta get that fixed because it makes you look retarded" I said. Someone laughed which pissed him off even more.

"And those clown pants of yours. Does your mama know you dress that way?" I furthered.

"Do you realize what a 'tard you look like? Everyone keeps expecting five or six little monkeys to come spilling out of them." Now a small crowd had gathered and most of them were chuckling or adding their own opinions.

"Why don't you do us all a favor and pull your pants up" I added in a sterner tone. Now the group went quiet.

"I don't gotta" he said - without much conviction.

"Well see, I have a problem with that. You see, there are small children around" and I pointed around the park to several of them, "and the way you dress and act is like some sort of degenerate. You aren't a degenerate, are you....boy?!"

"So pull up your pants and show some class or I'll pull them up for you.....and I promise you won't like it".

He cinched his pants up and walked off. Later we (the band) got some flack for harassing a family member of one of the members, but they didn't really have their heart in it and we still got paid.

Winning!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 12:12:28 PM »
Heh.  Pretty good.  But I always like stories when people make monkey references!

::cool::

My pub crawling days are behind me, but I used to get stares from guys all the time, some would even ask me outright "you a cop?"!  I used to just look at a clown acting stupid and they would catch me scoping them and they'd behave.  Ahhh, the good 'ol days.  I even had buddies of these idiots come up to me as I started walking toward their retarded friend, telling me it's all ok and they're taking their too drunk/too stupid/too whatever buddy out to the car.  Intimidation can be fun!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.