Author Topic: Feel Good Story Of The Summer: Global Cooling  (Read 1416 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Feel Good Story Of The Summer: Global Cooling
« on: September 08, 2013, 06:48:16 PM »
LINK

The ice cap at the north pole grew by nearly 1 million square miles. Here's the heartwarming part:

Only six years ago, the BBC reported that the Arctic would be ice-free in summer by 2013, citing a scientist in the US who claimed this was a ‘conservative’ forecast. Perhaps it was their confidence that led more than 20 yachts to try to sail the Northwest Passage from the Atlantic to  the Pacific this summer. As of last week, all these vessels were stuck in the ice, some at the eastern end of the passage in Prince Regent Inlet, others further west at Cape Bathurst.

Shipping experts said the only way these vessels were likely to be freed was by the icebreakers of the Canadian coastguard. According to the official Canadian government website, the Northwest Passage has remained ice-bound and impassable  all summer.

The BBC’s 2007 report quoted scientist  Professor Wieslaw Maslowski, who based his views on super-computer models and the fact that ‘we use a high-resolution regional model for the Arctic Ocean and sea ice’.

Gotta get your laughs when you can and where you can.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Feel Good Story Of The Summer: Global Cooling
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
I was afraid to check the link, my question below is kinda why...I so want a happy ending!!!

Were all these real men (and or women) of genius left to die?!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 08:10:20 PM »

Only in a perfect world.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 08:35:07 PM »
I was afraid to check the link, my question below is kinda why...I so want a happy ending!!!

I doubt it. When their little summer adventure turned sour they almost certainly hopped a chopper out of there and left it with the crew.

But it totally messed up their clever sounding cocktail story..."We went to sail across the ice-free arctic and got trapped in the ice. It was that dumbass Gore that said it would be a good idea." (looks menacingly at Gore who is skulking in a corner.)
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 08:39:59 PM »
It must suck when mother nature doesn't do as you want.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 06:43:50 AM »

I doubt it. When their little summer adventure turned sour they almost certainly hopped a chopper out of there and left it with the crew.

But it totally messed up their clever sounding cocktail story..."We went to sail across the ice-free arctic and got trapped in the ice. It was that dumbass Gore that said it would be a good idea." (looks menacingly at Gore who is skulking in a corner.)

Ack!  Too bad.  But it fits their style to bail and let others figure out how to clean up/survive their mess.

I can count on one hand how many things AlGore has gotten right in his life.

Oh, did I mention I lost that hand in an accident?

(Just kidding!  About the hand, not AlGore being right about anything!)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 09:28:04 AM »
I coulda used some Global Cooling last weekend, chunking the big baits for 2 12-hour days in a row in mid-90º temps with high humidity and no wind.

We had some Global Cooling yesterday, but now today Global Warming is back.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 11:17:33 AM »
Ahh, chasing the elusive fish-of-a-thousand-casts, eh?

I hear the retarded "feels-like" temp is set to hit 110 today.   ::)

Whatever...given what I have to put up with in the winter months, I never complain about the hot, I may make note of it, never gonna gripe about it though!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 11:42:40 AM »

Hmmm....can't zoom in, cannot locate AlGore!

::hysterical::

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »
The earth has been doing this - heating up and cooling down - for billions of years, and nothing we did caused it and we can't do anything about it.

You can't fool Mother Nature.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

RickZ

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 04:11:46 AM »
The earth has been doing this - heating up and cooling down - for billions of years, and nothing we did caused it and we can't do anything about it.

You can't fool Mother Nature.

That's why the name change from Glowbull Warming 'crisis' to Climate Change 'crisis' is so disingenuous.  The climate changes every friggin' day.  If it takes a new Ice Age to shut up the 'climate change' blowhards spewing hot air bullshyt, I'm for it.  Soon to be new aphorism:  If you can't stand the heat, take a walk outside.

Also, think of the Gaia loving eco freaks who would freeze to death hugging a tree.  The cold even covers up the smell.  Win-win!