Author Topic: A Day in the Life of Green Acres  (Read 1342 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
A Day in the Life of Green Acres
« on: April 06, 2011, 10:04:32 PM »
Wow.  I never knew this existed before.  But I'm glad that it does.

A Day in the Life of Green Acres
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: A Day in the Life of Green Acres
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »
I loved Green Acres. It was the funniest damn show on television, bar none. Eddie Albert was the ultimate straight man.

And I can still enjoy watching it.

It's like the Three Stooges in that I love it and my wife abhors it. So that just proves that it's great.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 10:34:09 PM »
I loved Green Acres. It was the funniest damn show on television, bar none. Eddie Albert was the ultimate straight man.

And I can still enjoy watching it.

It's like the Three Stooges in that I love it and my wife abhors it. So that just proves that it's great.

I was just a kid then, but it was my favorite show.  In hindsight, it was sort of proto-Monty Python in its absurdity.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:44:50 AM »
One of the really funny contrivances was how a joke would come up in the beginning of an episode and keep coming back throughout the rest of the show with different characters referencing it . My favorite character was Hank Kimball , the constantly befuddled agriculture agent played by Alvie Moore .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 06:29:41 AM »
It seemed like everything was better back then.  And I think that is more than just nostalgia talking!  The actors, writers the overall quality was better.  Very little in the way of entertainment entertains me today...where vulgarity and left-speak assault the thinking mind in unending waves of detritus.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.