Author Topic: “I Will Hurt You Physically and Metaphysically”  (Read 1240 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
“I Will Hurt You Physically and Metaphysically”
« on: September 20, 2013, 10:05:59 AM »
A Virginia high school wasn’t “happy, happy, happy” with a “Duck Dynasty” t-shirt one student wore to class recently.

According to WWBT-TV, Dinwiddie High School forced Hunter Spain to remove his shirt that pictured Si Robertson with the words “I Will Hurt You Physically and Metaphysically” because it was deemed too “threatening.”

... The school stands by its decision, saying the shirt could be misconstrued to those that don’t watch the popular reality show.

“If you are a ‘Duck Dynasty’ fan you understand the meaning of the shirt,” David Clark, the school’s superintendent, told WWBT. “But if you haven’t watched ‘Duck Dynasty’ you may question if the shirt implies violence. As a school division, we would like to keep our slogans on student shirts as non-violent as possible.

*sigh*
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: “I Will Hurt You Physically and Metaphysically”
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »
I wonder if they enforce the rule against clothing that leads to REAL violence, like saggy-ass pants, teeth-grills, and thick gold chains.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
My daughter has a shirt that reads:

the beatings will continue until morale improves

I've used it as my signature from time to time

people need to get a sense of humor

I remember several years ago hearing about parents upset about bumper stickers that read:  my kid can beat up your honor student
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 11:34:36 PM »
My kid did beat up honor students. ::asskicking::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 07:00:11 PM »
If the kid had a turbin all would be forgiven.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.