Author Topic: Crime in America, by Race  (Read 553 times)

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
Crime in America, by Race
« on: September 10, 2013, 11:34:57 AM »
The short story:
I was off on the internet, got into a debate about the actual severity of black vs. white crime, and I thought the cincher was worth posting.

Quote from: pisskop; another place
Ohh.  I did find them.  My apologies.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43
Well, there's your enormous, I guess.

Cross reference that with the 2010 cencus . . .
http://www.census.gov/2010census/data/

And you find that 12.6% of America identifies themselves as 'black alone' and 72.4 'white alone'.

Now, going back to the FBI link . . .

Total arrests 2011

White: 6,578,133
Black:  2,697,539

Ill look for the table list I was referring to, I was sure it was FBI . . .

EDIT:  It was Cencus table data bits stuff things
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/cats/law_enforcement_courts_prisons/arrests.html
Table 325, where are you?!
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Crime in America, by Race
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
Another interesting point of fact is that Hispanics get lumped in with Whites for purposes of crime statistics, unless that has recently changed. I remember going to the post office and seeing all the FBI Most Wanted posters with the face of Montezuma staring back at me and the race listed as "White / Caucasian".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »
They way they do it in the link is weird . . . They have a 'Hispanic growth' section, but not an actual number.

Does anyone know why Hispanics are lumped in

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 11:56:03 AM »
Sure, to make whites look more likely to commit crimes.  But take the raw numbers for convicts to population and I guarantee you'll see results that will make your eyes pop.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 01:34:30 PM »
Sure, to make whites look more likely to commit crimes.  But take the raw numbers for convicts to population and I guarantee you'll see results that will make your eyes pop.

Oh, that just means america is racist and police are more willing to arrest people of color and  and juries are more  willing to convict people of color. Now prove that isn't so. I don't need to provide any evidence it is because I am a lefty and you are so far beneath me intellectually its not worth explaining anything to you.  Because people of different races are the same, make the same decisions, have the same values, and the same ethics, any difference in results can only be attributable to white racism - even when the Juries that convict are composed entirely of people of color

And I can guarantee that is exactly what Pisskop will hear.,.

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 02:42:39 PM »

Oh, that just means america is racist and police are more willing to arrest people of color and  and juries are more  willing to convict people of color. Now prove that isn't so. I don't need to provide any evidence it is because I am a lefty and you are so far beneath me intellectually its not worth explaining anything to you.  Because people of different races are the same, make the same decisions, have the same values, and the same ethics, any difference in results can only be attributable to white racism - even when the Juries that convict are composed entirely of people of color

And I can guarantee that is exactly what Pisskop will hear.,.

You're not joking!

Ill try this once more, and only once more. . .

The population of the U.S. according to the US census of 2010 is 308,745,538.

12.4% are identified as 'Black or African American alone'.
 308,745,538 * 0.126 = 38,901,937.79 black individuals living in America on record. Almost 40 million.

72.4% are identified as 'White alone'.
 308,745,538 * 0.724 = 223,531,769.5 white individuals living in America on record. About 223.5 million.

According to the FBI database for 2011 crimes, the following were arrested, organized by race:

White: 6,578,133. 6.6 Million white people arrested.
 Black: 2,697,539. 2.7 Million black people arrested.

Now, this is where it gets tricky, you see. To obtain the percentage of a given datagroup arrested you must divide the amount arrested by the total population.

First white people.
 6,578,133 / 223,531,769.5 = 0.0294. 2.94% of white people in America on record were arrested in 2011.

Now black people.
 2,697,539 / 38,901,937.79 = 0.0693. 6.93% of black people in America on record were arrested in 2011.

Over twice the rate. Twice as many black people were arrested in 2011 as white people, *relative to their respective populations*. Doesn't get any simpler than this. This is sociology at work, chum.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:59:23 PM by pisskop »

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 03:02:05 PM »
It is an inconvenient truth for the Leftists and the race-pimps. Even if there were a systemic bias for arresting and convicting Blacks for crimes more than Whites, there is no systemic bias or statistical anomaly that can account for the discrepancies found here.

The proclivity for crime between the races isn't even on the same chart.

Damn Whitey.
/sarc
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson