Author Topic: Who will be the 51st State?  (Read 619 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Who will be the 51st State?
« on: September 12, 2013, 01:00:08 PM »
A Group in Maryland is now trying to it

Will the 51st State be Norht California, North Carolina or West Maryland?

Article of course is written by a condescending Liberal blowhard.  Man I can't wait to see guys like this author get what they so richly deserve.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Who will be the 51st State?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 01:50:16 PM »
Hellloooooo!  We already have a North Carolina!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »
Okay, how did Colorado become Carolina?  Yeah I suppose I could have typed that somehow, but I don't think so.
Forum Gods are messing with me..

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 02:25:24 PM »
That's Goddess to you, and no, I wasn't.   ::laughonfloor::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 03:40:59 PM »
Aren't we just seeing states become as bifurcated as the entire nation.  I am from "upstate" NY and for as long as I can remember we have wished for the  state from Poughkeepsie on down to be severed from us and set adrift in the atlantic.

We will more of this as the partisan lines are drawn thicker and thicker and we realize that there is no talking to the guys on the "other side".
Even Texas has Austin.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »
Aren't we just seeing states become as bifurcated as the entire nation.  I am from "upstate" NY and for as long as I can remember we have wished for the  state from Poughkeepsie on down to be severed from us and set adrift in the atlantic.

We will more of this as the partisan lines are drawn thicker and thicker and we realize that there is no talking to the guys on the "other side".
Even Texas has Austin.

Yeah, its a city mouse vs country mouse thing. Simply but what the people in the cities want isn't the same thing as what the people in rural areas want. But the Cities think the rural areas should help subsidize them. In Colorado the State passed two taxes to build different Stadiums in downtown Denver.  Stadiums that people on the Western Slope would seldom even have the chance to visit.  We pay taxes to maintain roads- when the roads in front of our Houses are gravel and usually maintained more often  by the people using them  than the govt.   The Article talks about the "Something for Nothing Libertairnism" but really the problem is - the rural areas are paying for something, but getting nothing. They have to support an agenda they abhor, pay for improvements they will seldom if ever use, and then have their inalienable rights trampled on and be called racist hicks if they complain.

Since we are two distinct groups with different needs we really should have the right of self-govt.  But as you suggest, they aren't willing to talk about it. This author just dismisses the grievances as well, and they simply won't engage in a constructive conversation on how to resolve them, responding instead with "tough titty. Deal with it." So we will. Our way.

If that means the liberal States become City States, so be it.  The Liberals simply aren't the  producers. 90% of them live in the cities, and of those, 1/2 are non-contributing zeros on welfare. They think their  food and fuel come from the  store, and depend on the EBTs to by them.  When push finally comes to shove, they will find themselves in fragile little city ecosystems suddenly deprived of needed resources and   surrounded by heavily armed and pissed off  people who would willingly and happily  drive them into the Sea.   They really are clueless as to how many people are ready to get on with the divorce, peacefully or no.  They just can't conceive that anyone wouldn't WANT to be part of their tribe of "cool kids"  or not WANT to live in the city.  They figure we are out here because we are dumb and don't know any better.  If you are in a city, its time to get out, because otherwise you are going to find yourself on the wrong side of enemy lines.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 05:52:22 PM »
Sounds good to me...give them the cities, we take the country...let's make a deal!

No deal?

Screw it, we'll settle it the tried and true way then!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »
As I've said before, they have very conveniently decided to live in self-made concentration camps.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly