Author Topic: I Do Not Forget. I Do Not Forgive.  (Read 1242 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I Do Not Forget. I Do Not Forgive.
« on: September 11, 2013, 01:59:52 PM »

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: I Do Not Forget. I Do Not Forgive.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 02:02:26 PM »
 ::USA::

The pictures of family members clutching pictures of loved ones  begging for information on lost ones...I'll never forget.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 02:08:18 PM »
I've heard three people even mention 9/11 today.  Its simply another day to most. ::bashing::
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »
::USA::

The pictures of family members clutching pictures of loved ones  begging for information on lost ones...I'll never forget.

In Union Square, an impromptu message wall was created, with messages for people whose fate no one knew.  That was a real punch to the gut.

I posted the following on another blog on 9/11/10.  Excuse the length.

I was at work early that day, as usual. Just after a quarter to nine, my boss came into my office and told me the Trade Center had been hit with what appeared to be a plane. I went down to 5th Ave (between 17th & 18th Sts.) and saw the north tower burning like a smokestack. I was horrified yet transfixed. I saw the second plane hit the south tower. At that moment, I knew we were at war.  While standing in the middle of 5th Ave in a large crowd, I heard this young black kid behind me say, 'It's our fault'. I balled up my fists and turned to him and told him to go to hell. His response was, 'Check your history, my man.' I was ready to take a swing at that moment when a firemen from the stationhouse around the corner said to me in a soft voice, "I heard what he said. I have your back." I couldn't believe what I heard, but later on knew that I had been graced by the presence of Moonbatus Ignoramus. After watching the towers crumble, I headed back up to the office in a state of shock. I tried to call my parents in Norfolk, VA but could not get through. I called my aunt in West-By-God and got through; she gave me my Cuz' work number in another part of WV. I called and someone there picked up the phone and I asked to speak with John. The guy asked who I was, and I said his cousin from New York City. I heard an 'oh shyt, John it's your cousin in New York!' I spoke with him, told him I was okay (physically at least) and asked him to call my parents to let them know I was okay.

I knew the bridges and tunnels were closed, and the buses and trains were not running, so the only way to get back to Queens was to walk to midtown and hike over the 59th St Bridge. That I did not feel like doing (though I did that very walk during the blackout in 2003), so I figured waiting for a bit would be the thing to do as the crush of people leaving was massive, and I knew they couldn't keep everything shut down forever. Around 2:30, I went to the closest subway station, in Union Square, but it was locked up tighter than a drum. So I walked over to 6th Ave to get the 'F' train to Queens. The first train in was an 'E', still with the final destination of 'World Trade Center' on its side. Very eerie. When I stepped into the car, it was dead quiet. Everyone, and I mean everyone, had shocked faces and glazed over eyes; some were covered in dust. I took a seat and teared up all the way home.

The City was closed on Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday night, the wind shifted. I woke up smelling the burning rubble of the Trade Center, the smell of death; taking a shower didn't help. That is something I will never get out of my mind. On Friday, as we were above 14th St, I could go back to work. When I exited the subway that morning, I looked downtown and there was the realization that the Towers were missing from my skyline. Even though I knew on a rational level they were gone, it was not seeing them in person that morning that just made the reality all too real, if you will, that I really was living a nightmare.

That is a day I will never forget. So the Indonesian Imbecile can kiss my ass when it comes to any healing crap, including all this muslim outreach bullsh*t. While I was awed by Bush's speech with the bullhorn on top of the firetruck at Ground Zero, hearing the poo-pooing of the chattering classes, including Bush, that we mustn't blame all muslims and all that crap still sticks in my craw. Because of that bullsh*t, we are in the mess we are now..

I still can't believe how we as a Nation have seemed to deliberately forget and downplay what happened, as if having anger because of that atrocity in this politically correct age is bad. Today is not a good day.

On 9/11/02, it was rainy. I had to call a tax office in Oklahoma City, and ending up talking with a guy for well over a half an hour. He understood, after what appened there.

They say time heals all wounds. In this case, I don't think so, as it's a scab muslims continue to pick at. For one, we've never taken the proper revenge we as a Nation should have taken. We've played at fighting a
politically correct war, where collateral damage is verboten. I still feel collateral damage was and is the way to go to stop this jihadi madness. The kaba'a should not exist right now, yet it does. And we have a
f**king president with a middle name of 'Hussein'. I constantly read 'things will not end well, and I honestly believe they will not. At least not until we put a right proper end to 1400 years of jihad and muslim abominations and eliminate the progressives in our Government. Do we have the stones to do that? I tend toward 'no', but I am more than willing to be proved wrong.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 03:01:58 PM »
RickZ,
 ::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 03:21:20 PM »
Rosslyn landlords continued their annual tradition of hanging large American flags in remembrance of 9/11

The Rosslyn Business Improvement District encourages building owners to take part in Flags Across Rosslyn. About two-dozen buildings usually participate
link

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 03:46:39 PM »
The current actions in Syria is another slice of proof that "islam" is not a religion but a political way of life. I'm with you Rickz, I do not like or trust muslims. You can't get along with them. I still remember vividly the pictures of throngs of muslims cheering the tower destruction. It was not a few "rebels", it was entire nations.

I don't trust them. I don't like them and before I break a board rule, I'll quit now.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

RickZ

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 04:24:14 PM »
I remember the AIDS infected Arafat giving blood as part of a Pallywood propaganda photo-op.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 05:14:49 PM »
I just stared graduate school and was getting ready for class. My late beloved Mama called and said you might want to turn on the television, a plane hit one of the WTC towers. As I did the second plane hit the second tower, I called my Mom back and said it's the mu-slims................ we both knew the hateful "religion of peace" had now come to America.

Hard to believe 7 years later Americans would elect a president who characterized the Muslim call to prayer as “one of the most beautiful sounds in the world". Who has said;  “Islam has always been part of America”, “These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.” And who had attributed the actions of the 9/11 terrorists to ignorance and poverty.

I went to my old neighborhood hood church that night for a prayer service. The Church was full and stupidly I thought that maybe as a nation we would once turn again to our Lord Yeshua.  Sadly a few years later........ after 125 years the church closed and church attendance in the city I live in has been in decline.

However I will never forgot or give up.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:18:16 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 06:50:36 PM »
Excellent posts by all!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 07:03:44 PM »
Hillsdale College didn't forget.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
I just stared graduate school and was getting ready for class. My late beloved Mama called and said you might want to turn on the television, a plane hit one of the WTC towers. As I did the second plane hit the second tower, I called my Mom back and said it's the mu-slims................ we both knew the hateful "religion of peace" had now come to America.

Hard to believe 7 years later Americans would elect a president who characterized the Muslim call to prayer as “one of the most beautiful sounds in the world". Who has said;  “Islam has always been part of America”, “These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.” And who had attributed the actions of the 9/11 terrorists to ignorance and poverty.

I went to my old neighborhood hood church that night for a prayer service. The Church was full and stupidly I thought that maybe as a nation we would once turn again to our Lord Yeshua.  Sadly a few years later........ after 125 years the church closed and church attendance in the city I live in has been in decline.

However I will never forgot or give up.

My goodness, I had forgot "the most beautiful sounds in the world" comment....Which brings me to remember how he has used NASA as a muslim outreach program. I don't know if I should thank you or be angry AT you....LOL

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 07:39:01 PM »
Forgot this for a bit ....

9/11 Budweiser Commercial - AIRED ONLY ONCE

nbpundit reminded me.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 11:51:51 PM »
thanks,Pan, I hadn't seen that before

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 12:06:17 AM »
thanks,Pan, I hadn't seen that before

You're welcome.  Many haven't.  Shown only once, on network TV during the SuperBowl, right after 9/11, IIRC.

After which, much sneering at Budweiser for "capitalizing" on the event.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 12:19:44 AM »

After which, much sneering at Budweiser for "capitalizing" on the event.

By the very people who capitalize on everything, I bet, for their own lefty causes

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 08:19:48 AM »
Yeah, that was a good ad, the sentiment right for the time it aired.

As for locals, all I know is that every anneversary people gather on certain highway overpasses with flags and signs and I always give them several honks and a thumbs-up as I pass...some people do not and will not forget.  For myself I internalized all I need to from that day, I know exactly where I was, what I felt and what I understood what forever changed on that day...none of that will fade or change to my last breath.

I am with Don, I have seen too much evil and celebration of evil by and for Muslims...I do not trust them, I do not like them, I do not beleive there is such a movement as "Moderate Islam", and I do not like, trust or have warm thoughts for their sympathizers and enablers...and I do not need to say anything more because most of you know what I will say next...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 10:22:29 PM »
I was still in college then, and since I listened to my own CDs in the car that morning I never heard any news from the radio. In my first class I overheard some people saying something about a plane crashing into a building, and I thought they meant at the small regional airport near the school. Then by the next class it had become apparent that it was a deliberate terrorist act and I heard someone say the skyscrapers had fallen down. I remember how incredulous I was at that. I thought even a jumbo jet wouldn't actually make the whole building collapse.

Then on the news I saw all the partying in the streets by the "Palestinians", and those disgusting hag women they have over there doing that animalistic "la la la la la la!" bird call they do.  Islam has been at war with all of non-Islam ever since that illiterate pedophile they call their prophet channeled Satan and vomited that vile creed onto the world. That's what the West absolutely must re-learn if it is to survive. This has been going on since the 7th century. It has ebbed and flowed over the centuries, but it has never ceased and will never cease as long as they continue to pollute the world with their existence.

It pains me to know that men like Charles Martel literally saved the West at places like Tours in 732, and then centuries later in Vienna, and the Spaniards finally pushing them out of their homeland. We owe much to those who came before us and kept this scourge at bay. Yet now we roll out the red carpet for them, under the mistaken belief that there's not still a war on.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 12:06:15 PM »
  I forget nothing about that day including going to my Uncle Mikes funeral in Montreal and having to race to cross the border before they shut it down and making it by 20 minutes.

I just don't like having to think about it every year for 12 years how my life was affected besides having to be outraged by the attack.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie