Author Topic: Medicinal use -- honey  (Read 650 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Medicinal use -- honey
« on: September 23, 2013, 04:58:00 PM »
Doctors compared the effects of raw, unheated honey to numerous antibiotics on 28 different strains of pathogenic, multi–drug resistant bacteria associated with burns. Only three of the strains were inhibited at all by any of the 11 antibiotics used in the study; every single one of the 28 strains was inhibited by a 25-percent concentration of honey. Plain, simple, raw honey worked.
David Williams at drdavidwilliams.com

http://www.woodpilereport.com/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Medicinal use -- honey
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »
In Eastern Europe an old folk medicine was to use spider webbing as a type of covering or bandage for wounds. There's a particular type of spider there that produces larges masses of silk and people have collected it for centuries. Modern testing confirmed that the proteins in the spider silk have an antibacterial property which is why it worked so well at promoting wounds to heal.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

RickZ

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 06:08:07 PM »
IIRC, honey is the only natural food that does not go bad/spoil.  Another reason for it being used for so many millennia.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 07:01:47 AM »
So, if I trip and fall into a patch of stinging nettles I can just slather on the honey and heal quicker?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.