Author Topic: Obama tells man questioning him about high gas prices: Buy a new car  (Read 59095 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Obama tells man questioning him about high gas prices: Buy a new car
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2011, 01:13:21 PM »
That's right, it's politics.  The "manmade glowball warmink"; the "peak-oil" bullsht; the concern-trolling about the "environment", "emissions" and "CO2 as a toxin" -- politics all, not science.

Now, I have to wonder why the number one source by which the United States of America became the global economic and industrial power that it is, with a standard of living that far surpasses that of any other, is slowly being rendered an "unaffordable", "dirty", luxury, the seeking and using of which is causing global decline; an "addiction".  Don't you?

Just so you know, we also take the Constitution very seriously around here, in our conservative thinking, so, neither Congress nor the president, nor his merry band of thugs, nor the UN has been granted permission by that aforementioned document to meddle, control or thwart efforts to harvest our natural resources.  They've arrogated that unto themselves and this will be stopped.

That's oil and gas and coal.  That's how wealth is created, not by taxes, but by reaping our natural resources and using them to create something of greater value.

Lastly, the area in ANWR that is of such concern is a deserted wasteland, not the wildland utopia the "news" agencies like to show the public.  Any environmental misfortune that may occur as a result of our drilling there will be rectified, just as it is everywhere else.  Nothing is without risk, but when whatever perceived slight-to-nonexistant risk is held higher than a tangible benefit, as drilling on land is, that's an "ideal" not even worth pursuing.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2011, 01:24:24 PM »
Because a spill in water, that literally cleans itself up over time is so much more of an "environmental catastrophe" than

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2011, 01:25:17 PM »
Where is that, 'hawk?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »
I got that too. You're in Canada. You're clueless when it comes to economies of scale. California is larger than yours.

Why aren't you jumping up and down about the tar sands being processed into a  disaster. Oil spill cleanups can be horrible and they can often enough be just a yawn. CA has oil coming ashore everyday of the year. Why? It's seeps out of the seabed. Let's clean it up by drilling for it and consume it.

You have understand something here Scrollbar. We in the US have already tried most of the horsesh*t that liberals sentence us or at the very least witnessed first hand at the unmitigated disaster of their policies or the results thereof. We know what works and Liberalism clearly leads to disaster in every case. Best case scenario, Liberals decide they can't live with themsleves and commit suicide. Worst case, they fight tooth and nail opposing every common sense solution to what ailes us.

Lastly, if we'd had drilled or developed those oil fields thirty year ago, we'd have them today but you see you have start eventually or you got squat.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »
Where is that, 'hawk?

Why, that's Alberta, where they don't have environmental catastrophes due to oil spills.  Because poking a few sticks into the ground in Alaska is so much dirtier than THAT.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2011, 01:32:07 PM »

He brought his buddies with him.

Bring it.

...just sayin...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2011, 01:37:32 PM »

He brought his buddies with him.

Bring it.

...just sayin...

::evilbat::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »
Oh goodie, more robots to wind up and set loose!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »

After y'all are through you are going to ban him. right?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2011, 02:07:47 PM »
Might not have to, looks like play time is over.

:'(

::devil::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Scrollbar

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2011, 02:09:32 PM »
LOL looks like the free exchange of ideas is safe  here!
 ::laughonfloor::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2011, 02:20:11 PM »
Stymie , his administrative henchmen and his liberal followers are so intent on villainizing Oil , Natural Gas and Coal Companies , calling them benighted , short sighted , profit driven , etc. that they're just too dumb to look at the facts .

Companies engaged in the fossil fuel industry are as ready to look for new and viable resources as anyone . If , for instance , Exxon or Conoco saw a viable and profitable possibility for solar , wind , hydro or even geo-thermal they would be devoting a part of their exploration and research funds to those areas and looking for avenues of diversification and maybe they are to some extent . But we have not an "addiction" as jerk-offs like Ken Salazar like to say . We have an economy and industrial base thoroughly geared to and powered by fossil fuels and to think that we can change that markedly in even twenty years isn't just unrealistic ... It's flat out stupid ! But after all , we never did give Stymie credit for having brains .  

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »
"But after all , we never did give Stymie credit for having brains "

::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2011, 02:35:47 PM »
The new douchebag doesn't like my tone. I'm devastated.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »

After y'all are through you are going to ban him. right?

He's welcome to stay as long as he keeps it cordial, remembering he is a guest here.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2011, 02:52:33 PM »
You're in Canada?
Google Alberta and you  tell me  ::facepalm::

I was raised in Canada. I don't need to goolgle anything.What was Alberta before oil sands oil?Aren't you worried what might happen there?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »

Please try to come up with one on your own and quit repeating the daily talking points.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »

Please try to come up with one on your own and quit repeating the daily talking points.

What talking points? He's in Canada they've got their own problems with their government. That last PM was dumped for being a thief and now they're going after the one in office(too conservative) a health care system that's sucking them dry entire Provinces that have been driven into the ground so they take money from his province to give to the other provinces because they shut down the coal industry in them.

Taxes that reach 48% off the top of you pay and Provinces that have two  sales taxes one for the province and the other for  the government that total 13% or more. And he's worried about what our idiot in chief is doing or at least trying to do to us.

Hell the come to Florida to do their school shopping to get the better prices and avoid their sales taxes and use their out of country residences so they don't even pay our sales taxes. Ask him how much fuel is in Canada,they pay more than we do and they sell it to us. The fuel taxes are murder up there.When we were paying four dollars they were paying almost six.

And he's going to help us with what?
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2011, 04:19:19 PM »
Scrollbar, let me make something clear to you moving forward.

This is a conservative website for conservatives. Most of us have been heavily involved for years in the "free exchange of ideas" with people like you. Most of us have determined that among your ideological comrades, there is no genuine discussion to be had, and that the attempt is all but worthless.

You're welcome to stay for now. Just know that any defense of Leftism or Leftists is viewed here as defending that which is indefensible, and will be treated as such.

I for one have determined that exchanging ideas with Leftists is an utterly worthless endeavor, unless the discussion is your unconditional surrender to the constitution and the restoration of the republic.

We're patriotic americans, or, what you and your ilk refer to as "right wing extremists".

We have nothing to discuss.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:04:23 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2011, 04:52:52 PM »
Scrollbar, let me make something clear to you moving forward.

This is a conservative website for conservatives. Most of us have been heavily involved for years in the "free exchange of ideas with people like you. Most of us have determined that among your ideological comrades, there is no genuine discussion to be had, and that the attempt is all but worthless.

You're welcome to stay for now. Just know that any defense of Leftism or Leftists is viewed here as defending that which is indefensible, and will be treated as such.

I for one have determined that exchanging ideas with Leftists is an utterly worthless endeavor, unless the discussion is your unconditional surrender to the constitution and the restoration of the republic.

We're patriotic americans, or, what you and your ilk refer to as "right wing extremists".

We have nothing to discuss.

He's not American he has no constitution to discuss other than the Magna Carta.
 Filippo Mazzie