Author Topic: Remembering 95 year old WWII Vet John Wrana: Murdered by police  (Read 2558 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Remembering 95 year old WWII Vet John Wrana: Murdered by police
« on: September 25, 2013, 10:41:26 AM »
Video @ link...

95 Year Old WWII Vet Refuses to go to Hospital for Urinary Tract Infection, so Police Shoot and Kill Him

New details are emerging from an incident in July Health Impact News reported on regarding a 95 year old World War II veteran near Chicago who was attacked by police with a stun gun, and then shot by a bean bag round fired from a shot gun. He died as a result.

The family met with the media this week, and stated that they are still waiting for answers from Park Forest police on Mr. Wrana’s death. They are distraught at the way he was killed, and want someone held accountable.

We have now learned that John Wrana was reportedly suffering from a urinary tract infection, and paramedics arrived to transport him to a hospital. Mr. Wrana refused to go, so the paramedics reportedly called the police, who showed up in riot gear. Staff from the managed care facility reportedly were upset that the police did not allow them access to Mr. Wrana to try and calm him down.

When Mr. Wrana continued to refuse transport to the hospital, they shot him with a stun gun. He still refused, so they reportedly shot him in the stomach with a bean bag round from a shot gun – three times. He was reportedly sitting down at the time, and friends have testified that Mr. Wrana was so wobbly on his feet that he needed a walker, and could be pushed down easily with little force he was so unstable.

Police reportedly stated that Mr. Wrana had a butcher knife, but the knife was never found, and friends stated they never saw a knife. The family’s attorney, Nicholas Grapsas, has stated that even if a knife was present, excessive force was used.

The police have stated that they had not used bean bag rounds fired from a shot gun to subdue anyone for more than 10 years prior to this incident.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office has ruled that Mr. Wrana died of internal bleeding and blunt force trauma, and ruled his death a homicide.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Remembering 95 year old WWII Vet John Wrana: Murdered by police
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:32:14 AM »
A.  Not surprised this happened in Chitcago and to a white guy...if a darker shade and a banger they'd have never answered the call...

B.  Since it was properly ruled a homocide, why is the shooter not in custody and arraigned on charges and put on unpaid administrative leave while his/her ass rots in jail?

C.  Good call on creating the Police State category.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »
This makes me cry.

Even if the guy had a knife exactly how would he'd been able to use it?

I want to know who thought they had to bean bag this guy.  If he didn't want to go then leave him alone.  And I want to know the EMS person who thought this warranted a police call? I've been tended to by EMS after an accident and since I wasn't visibly hurt I said I didn't want to go to the hospital (I was pregnant at the time) and they said ok.

The problem as I see it is these people are getting training to do their jobs but that's all they have.  They have no common sense. Given authority and access to enforce that authority they use it.

It will be months or years before we hear the result of this and I imagine someone will get fired and Park Forest will issue a statement regretting the incident.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 04:34:27 PM »
A.  Not surprised this happened in Chitcago and to a white guy...if a darker shade and a banger they'd have never answered the call...

B.  Since it was properly ruled a homocide, why is the shooter not in custody and arraigned on charges and put on unpaid administrative leave while his/her ass rots in jail?

Concur on all counts.

Why the need for force on a 95 yr old man? Are the Po-leese really that frightened of a feeble old man?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 04:51:06 PM »
  This could be part of health care. ::thinking::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 06:02:45 PM »

Damn, John. You're a genius!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 07:01:29 PM »

Yup. The enforcement arm of the Death Panel.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 07:15:51 PM »

so this to teach people not to call the EMTs?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 07:19:42 PM »

Nope, it's not to be alive when they get there.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 05:31:46 AM »

Concur on all counts.

Why the need for force on a 95 yr old man? Are the Po-leese really that frightened of a feeble old man?
I don't know Alan....Yoda always looked feeble walking with his cane but boy was he fierce with the light saber.

It comes down to this, the police today are as much a product of the left's dominance of the school system as any other group of that age. We're screwed if we think they've ever learned compassion. You learn that in religion not from leftist teachers.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 07:45:30 AM »

Nope, it's not to be alive when they get there.

OK, if I had any doubts about being a nice old man when my time comes that has been completely obliterated!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 07:47:01 AM »

Concur on all counts.

I don't know Alan....Yoda always looked feeble walking with his cane but boy was he fierce with the light saber.

It comes down to this, the police today are as much a product of the left's dominance of the school system as any other group of that age. We're screwed if we think they've ever learned compassion. You learn that in religion not from leftist teachers.

Oh, they learned compassion allright, just not the proper kind...if it is outside their pc/diversity/multi-culti indoctrination, well...this is what you get!