Author Topic: IPCC Fifth Generation Report Admits Errors  (Read 3500 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
IPCC Fifth Generation Report Admits Errors
« on: September 19, 2013, 07:37:55 AM »
The 31-page ‘summary for policymakers’ is based on a more technical 2,000-page analysis which will be issued at the same time. It also surprisingly reveals: IPCC scientists accept their forecast computers may have exaggerated the effect of increased carbon emissions on world temperatures  – and not taken enough notice of natural variability.

Last night Professor Judith Curry, head of climate science at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, said the leaked summary showed that ‘the science is clearly not settled, and  is in a state of flux’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2420783/Worlds-climate-scientists-confess-Global-warming-just-QUARTER-thought--computers-got-effects-greenhouse-gases-wrong.html

OK, then.  Look for the true believers in this cult to piss and moan, announce they've cleaned up the inconsistencies and have new computer models to show mankind is still the earths greatest enemy.

Good luck with that.  Hopefully between more people seeing this BS as a cult filled with quacks and the horrible world economy making grant-seeking whores harder to raise funding means this dirty little cabal is on the road to extinction.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: IPCC Fifth Generation Report Admits Errors
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 12:25:12 PM »
Last night Professor Judith Curry, head of climate science at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, said the leaked summary showed that ‘the science is clearly not settled, and  is in a state of flux’.

You think?  ::facepalm::

state of flux-- is being kind as a description
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 01:32:20 PM »
Clearly - reality has got it wrong.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 02:34:14 PM »

Clearly.

The bottom line is that the sun has gone unusually quiet and no one really knows why or how it will last.  Scientists "puzzled".

Wait, wait, wait, you denier. Are you seriously suggesting that global warming has something to do with the sun's activity?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »

Clearly.

The bottom line is that the sun has gone unusually quiet and no one really knows why or how it will last.  Scientists "puzzled".

Wait, wait, wait, you denier. Are you seriously suggesting that global warming has something to do with the sun's activity?

Father Sun is in mourning for Mother Earth.....Or, since we are speaking about hot flashes, maybe it's Mother Sun is in mourning for Father Earth.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »

Clearly.

Am I?  Why would the biggest, hottest celestial furnace ever known to man have anything at all to do with climate?  Don't be ridiculous.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »
The Sun has went to a 28 hour workweek to ease the effects of obamacare.....So I guess what I'm stating is obamacare ended global warming.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
You know that whole time that we were told our polar ice caps are shrinking precipitously? Yeah, the same thing was happening to the polar ice caps on Mars. Maybe it really is that gigantic, you know, star that both Earth and Mars orbit?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 08:12:50 PM »
You know that whole time that we were told our polar ice caps are shrinking precipitously? Yeah, the same thing was happening to the polar ice caps on Mars. Maybe it really is that gigantic, you know, star that both Earth and Mars orbit?

But Glock. Blaming all that fluctuation on the gigantic ball of continuously exploding gas around which the entire Solar System revolves, and upon which all terrestrial life depends for life-giving heat, ignores the reality of man's control over the climate.

It almost seems like you're saying that cars and smokestacks aren't more powerful than a star.  Everyone knows the science is settled. No matter what that star does, windmills and solar panels will make earth cooler.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 11:21:42 PM »

You mean they're all fluxed up?  :supercool:
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 11:24:04 PM »

You mean they're all fluxed up?  :supercool:

::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »
Heh!   ::thumbsup::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 08:56:51 AM »
What do you say we fix that quote to make it reflect the nature of the task at hand.

The bottom line is that the sun has gone unusually quiet and no one really knows why or how it will last.  Scientists Book makers "puzzled".

Now that accurately describes their task.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 09:17:07 AM »
What do you say we fix that quote to make it reflect the nature of the task at hand.

The bottom line is that the sun has gone unusually quiet and no one really knows why or how it will last.  Scientists Book makers "puzzled".

I doubt we'll EVER know what happens in a star, much less what's going on right here on Mother Earth.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 11:17:33 AM »
The oceans still baffle the experts...

Some experts...

But that never stops someone from making absolute claims and denying contrary information!

::)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 05:05:01 PM »

I doubt we'll EVER know what happens in a star, much less what's going on right here on Mother Earth.
We do know how stars work but it takes years for the symptoms to manifest themselves. It's just the gravity of the situation these asshats don't understand. When you're that close to your sun, it tends to impact you more than you think despite being  93 million miles distant.

UV light burns you but it's the long wave of the infrared that you feel on your face or hands. The schools must have failed to teach these simple concepts to their students otherwise they wouldn't be that f**king ignorant of the properties of the different light waves and their effects.

It's the same thing with nuclear energy, most asswipes in this country are under the impression that if a reactor becomes super critical, a runaway chain reaction will occur and boom, they're all dead. ::bashing::

If only education wasn't political, children would be able to lead us into the future but simply not the case. Leftists have to have total control of every aspect of existence becasue they are basically evil disciples of Satan.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »
IPCC clowns...

"...pause..."

http://nypost.com/2013/12/05/global-warming-proof-is-evaporating/

::saywhat::

::hysterical::

Yeah, like meno-pause of the brain!

::laughonfloor::

Hilarious seeing a libiot religion implode before our eyes!

::laughonfloor::

MOAR!!!

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »
It almost seems like you're saying that cars and smokestacks aren't more powerful than a star.  Everyone knows the science is settled. No matter what that star does, windmills and solar panels will make earth cooler.
[/quote]

Oops!  They overlooked/forgot about the cooling effect of windmills!  ::rolllaughing:: ::rolllaughing::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 10:33:03 AM »
Am I?  Why would the biggest, hottest celestial furnace ever known to man have anything at all to do with climate?  Don't be ridiculous.

Actually, the Sun is relatively cool. Many stars are hotter than the Sun, with surface temperatures up to about 30,000 K (the Sun is just under 6000 K at the surface). These hot stars are white or even blue (those are the hottest).