Author Topic: Ted Cruz is Talking .....  (Read 5539 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Ted Cruz is Talking .....
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »
Methnks Enzi wanted a campaign commercial soundbite...he has no interest in standing with Ted Cruz...he's just a frightened Pubbie, and he should be frightened.

And there is this story...

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/house-gop-obamacare-cr-97299.html

Politico...   ::)

If Pubbies have to float the idea instead of doing it...I'd say the odds are they'll fail to do so...or even if they do, they'll cave under pressure once demonized by the Democrat-Media Complex for shutting the government down...all other facts and realities will be denied the light of day...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 12:10:43 PM »
He's on Rush's show right now.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
Mike Enzi is a great example of why Republicans of the establishment ilk are too stupid to govern, and in this instance, it has less to do with his conservatism than his political sense.

Does he not at least have "people" who plan and strategize? Wouldn't the logical thing have been for those people to say, "Hey Mike, you KNOW Cheney is going to come out and stand with Cruz, so we need to figure out where you're coming down on this. You need to get the jump on it, or you're going to look reactionary and opportunistic and weak and unprincipled and beta."

Further, he at least should have seen which way the wind was blowing long before now. He knows Cheney is coming from his Right. He knows she is of basically the same constitutional conservative mindset as Ted Cruz. Thus, the politically astute thing for him - really, his only political choice - should have been to stand with Cruz all along.

If you're going to end up supporting the principled position for purely political reasons, why not do it from the get-go, so that you at least have a chance at fooling people into believing you are principled?

I'm not suggesting that politicians SHOULD be unprincipled, only that in general, they ARE... Given that sad fact, Enzi has shown that he can't even be unprincipled effectively.

What a wuss.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 01:29:38 PM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »
Cornym was on Hannity and he thinks that if he follows Cruz, the media will accuse the GOP of wanting to shut down the government? Really?

He thinks that the media and democrats will approve of any strategy to get rid of obama care?

What a moron!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 03:43:08 PM »
Cornym was on Hannity and he thinks that if he follows Cruz, the media will accuse the GOP of wanting to shut down the government? Really?

He thinks that the media and democrats will approve of any strategy to get rid of obama care?

What a moron!

Yah, I heard Rand Paul on Beck's show saying the same thing.  Beck scoffed and said the media's going to blame the GOP anyway, for that and anything else they think may stick, so man up.   (I paraphrased that last.)

On another note:

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/09/25/video-mccain-delivers-the-democratic-response-to-cruz/

Figuratively speaking,
... but it’s not much of an exaggeration. This is, essentially, the Democratic response: ObamaCare was duly passed, it was an issue in a presidential campaign that the GOP lost, end of story — whether or not there are 51 or even 60 votes in the Senate to defund this thing. He actually used the phrase “elections have consequences,” which must be the first time a member of the *minority* party has ever tossed that into a debate.

... “Elections have consequences” was only half the speech, though. The other half has Maverick in high dudgeon over Cruz wondering yesterday whether the opponents of his “defund” strategy would have also, ahem, stood up to Hitler.

... After more than 21 hours of Cruz talking about ObamaCare, the key part of his speech that McCain feels obliged to put front and center with America watching is … a throwaway line about Nazi appeasers? This is what Maverick decided he needed to do with his precious moments on the floor and his credibility as a so-called “reasonable Republican”? Retirement can’t come too soon.

::overkill::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 03:44:50 PM »
My daughter works for the government.

I told her "Sorry, but I hope the government shuts down."  She gets it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 05:38:38 PM »
Beck is correct....GOP gets the blame no matter what and I think it disingenuous for Paul and Cornym To think otherwise.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 10:42:23 PM »
Man these people have no street-smarts whatsoever do they? Do they not get that by regularly advertising just how scared they are of being tagged with a government shutdown that they're offering the Democrats the avenue to always get things their way? Basically just threaten the possibility of a government shutdown and the Republicans will acquiesce to anything -- and not in zero hour negotiations either, no they make their anxiety and fecklessness clear weeks in advance.

Why is it never the Democrats responsible for a shutdown? "We were prepared to fund the government, with the exception of an injurious program that the American people have consistently opposed, but the Democrats insisted on an all-or-nothing extremism and allowed the government to shutdown". Sigh. Why are we stuck with a party that plays checkers to their opponent's chess?

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 05:59:47 AM »
He's on Rush's show right now.

Yes, he was and he asked for two things:

* Sign the petition http://www.dontfundobamacare.com/

* Call your congressweasels.

Yesterday, the phones got shut down, but local offices can be contacted and they're all on Twitter and Facebook.

Cruz is hoping for a more positive response from voters, hoping to harness the power of public opinion to persuade GOP leaders and wavering Democrats to defund Obamacare.

Cruz and Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, have collected more than 1.7 million signatures on their online petition to stop Obamacare called “Dont Fund It!”

The next vote, Friday or Saturday, Cruz said, is “the vote that matters.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/meltdown-gop-bosses-phones-unplugged/#xHwwecVQ0xlkXg3m.99

I know we're all pretty much disgusted and in throw-up-the-hands mode, but .... Cruz stood up all night, defending the country and us, so I believe we can make one more effort.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 07:03:55 AM »
* Sign the petition http://www.dontfundobamacare.com/

* Call your congressweasels.

Signed the petition just now.  As for contacting my Senate Congressbastards, talking to Bride of Chuckie Schumer and Kristen 'I Don't Have A Fukcing Clue' Gillibrand is the same as talking to the hand -- absolutely worthless.  Still, I emailed them yesterday demanding they DEFUND OWEBAMACARE!  These types need to hear from us anyway, whether it sinks into their thick partisan skulls or not.  They can't say they weren't warned.  Well, they will, but that's their partisan hackery on full display.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:07:01 AM by RickZ »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 07:37:02 AM »
Signed the petition. I'm sure I'll be audited soon....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 08:13:10 AM »

Good.

Yeah, I know; join the crowd, right?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 08:18:15 AM »

Me too.  Maybe we can gang up on the auditor together?   ::evilbat::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 08:19:26 AM »

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 09:49:59 AM »
I just signed the petition also.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »
I don't normally sign that stuff but I did this time. If Pan can do it so can I.

Calling my Misrepresentatives congressweasels is being kind.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2013, 11:11:16 AM »
I don't normally sign that stuff but I did this time. If Pan can do it so can I.

Calling my Misrepresentatives congressweasels is being kind.

I don't usually sign this kind of stuff, this time is an exception, so ..... thanks.

Here's the way I see it:  we've been calling for, seeking, a leader, somebody to unite behind; we might have one in Cruz.  And he's telling us what we've been telling each other:  it's up to us.  He can only do so much.

It must be working; Peter King went whining to Politico about the "vile" phone calls his office has been getting.  LOL.  The assholes definitely are not used to hearing exactly what people think of them.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2013, 11:16:55 AM »
Peter King needs to STFD and STFU and stop reminding us of a senior citizen Eddie Munster. Or is he more like Grandpa Munster? There's definitely a family resemblance.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2013, 11:40:50 AM »
Peter King needs to STFD and STFU and stop reminding us of a senior citizen Eddie Munster. Or is he more like Grandpa Munster? There's definitely a family resemblance.

Talking about this walking turd?

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/peter-king-ted-cruz-phone-calls-97396.html

Vile.

Yeah, and what do the really and truly vile do when WE call?  They leave the phone off the hook!

http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/meltdown-gop-bosses-phones-unplugged/

The last thing the Ruling Class elites want is to talk to some common smelly little peon!

Yeah, up yours, elitist douchebags!   ::doublebird::

ETA - One Dem is breaking ranks on the idea of a one year delay in ObamaCare mandate, so the ball is back into the court of the vile statist Pubbies like J-Mac to play with...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:47:21 AM by Libertas »