Author Topic: Ted Cruz is Talking .....  (Read 5554 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Ted Cruz is Talking .....
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2013, 12:26:02 PM »
Peter King needs to STFD and STFU and stop reminding us of a senior citizen Eddie Munster. Or is he more like Grandpa Munster? There's definitely a family resemblance.

Boyoboy, you ain't kiddin'.  Rush was just now playing clips of King foaming at the mouth about Cruz.  Calling him "crazy" was just the very least of it.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2013, 12:42:15 PM »
Peter King needs to STFD and STFU and stop reminding us of a senior citizen Eddie Munster. Or is he more like Grandpa Munster? There's definitely a family resemblance.

I used to see Al Lewis often in front of his restaurant in the Village smoking a cigar.  So, no, Lewis actually achieved something, creating jobs in the process, while Peter King sucks at the public teat.  No comparison.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2013, 01:03:52 PM »
Yeah I used to watch reruns of The Munsters and Car 54 when I was a kid. Al Lewis always seemed like a cool guy.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2013, 03:59:33 PM »
Durban tried to trap Cruz, but Cruz handed Durbin his head in a sh!tBag! and this after being up all night, he is still cogent and handing these dueschbags what they deserve!

In what way did Durbin attempt to trap him?

Probably a better analysis than I provided:

http://nypost.com/2013/09/25/who-else-does-ted-cruzs-triumph-help/

Despite his marathon of speaking and standing and arguing, after nearly a day on his feet, Cruz — there is no other term for it — squashed Durbin like a bug.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »
Durbin IS a bug. A worthless bottom feeding insect.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

RickZ

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2013, 01:10:46 AM »
Calling my Misrepresentatives congressweasels is being kind.

Even congressbastard doesn't come close in my case.

Here's my email to Bride of Chuckie Schumer demanding to defund OwebamaCare.

DEFUND OWEBAMACARE!

That tax hike for which you voted, like a true partisan hack, is the greatest job killer to the economy, as well as a killer to families with their rates going up through the roof.

For once in your miserable life, do what the people want.   Vote to DEFUND OWEBAMACARE!

If you're going to vote to fund this miserable piece of trash of a law passed on a strict party line basis using procedural chicanery and outright corruption, then vote yourself and your staff into OwebamaCare, too.  Why do you mandarins think you should be exempt but feel entitled to give the finger to the American people?

Somehow, I doubt anything could get through that thick skull of yours, the skull which has never had an original thought in its life.

You want to know what we're up against?  Upchuck's rely:

Dear Mr. Z:

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) that was signed into law on March 23, 2010.  I certainly understand your concerns and have spent the past few years working to ensure that this reform will crack down on insurance company abuses; allow New Yorkers who are happy with their insurance coverage to keep it; and cut down on the waste, fraud and abuse in the health care system.   

I supported both the ACA and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act because they made needed improvements to our health care system.  There has been an enormous amount of misinformation out there about what this reform package will and will not do, but there are many good things in this bill, that will and already have been improving people’s lives. 

For the average American who is currently covered by their employer plan, they are going to discover that very little will change for them.  If they like their plan, they will get to keep their plan and their doctor.  Their benefits won’t be taxed and they won’t pay higher Medicare taxes.  But what they will notice in the years ahead is that their health care costs will become more affordable.  For those Americans who have recently gotten sick, or who do in the future, they no longer have to worry that health insurers will take away their coverage so they can avoid paying consumers’ bills.  We will no longer have to hear those stories of health insurers looking for any excuse to cut sick people off from their insurance when they need it most.  And for anyone who is working hard to make ends meet, health care reform will now require insurance companies to cover preventative care, so that illness and disease can be prevented.  These are only a few reasons why I believe that health care reform is good for New York and good for the country. 

The American health care system is one of the best in the world, but it is also one of the most inefficient.  That is why Congress looked for unnecessary government spending within the health care system to pay for reform.  The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office has found that health care reform will decrease the federal government’s deficit by $143 billion over the next ten years, and will result in even more savings to taxpayers in the decade after that.  Because it will help us rein in out of control costs in the system, health care reform is fiscally responsible and will benefit taxpayers over the years.   

This law will not fix all of the problems in our health care system, but it will and has already begun making significant steps in the right direction, and I will continue to fight for New York families and their right to access affordable, quality health care coverage. 

Again, thank you for contacting me on this important issue.  Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
United States Senator

"Shut up, he explained."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2013, 06:36:32 AM »
Durbin IS a bug. A worthless bottom feeding insect.

He is among the most loathesome politicians. Probably in the top ten or twenty. And it's a loooooong frikkin list.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2013, 06:24:53 PM »
Ron Johnson (R-WI) is on with Levin now, fillibustering and shooting his self in the foot.

Mark kept asking, since Johnson does not agree with Cruz' strategy, "what's your strategy?" and the guy just kept repeating "unified" .... he has none.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2013, 06:39:29 PM »
another who was supposedly going to be so great...

hey, Congressman
unity only works when you're actually opposing the opposition
e.g. Signers of the Declaration

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2013, 07:34:05 PM »
Ron Johnson (R-WI) is on with Levin now, fillibustering and shooting his self in the foot.

Mark kept asking, since Johnson does not agree with Cruz' strategy, "what's your strategy?" and the guy just kept repeating "unified" .... he has none.

What happened to Reagans 11th comandment?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2013, 08:01:34 PM »

What happened to Reagans 11th comandment?

Yeah ::snort::.  The EGOP hated Reagan as well; notice they cite him when convenient and ignore him otherwise.  Jeb Bush said something like "the days of Reagan are over".

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2013, 08:34:54 PM »
Jeb Bush said something like "the days of Reagan are over".

Only because of asshats like him. ::facepalm::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2013, 10:09:30 PM »
Yeah, his daddy made sure the days of Reagan were over. Despite campaigning on a promise to continue them, of course.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2013, 07:27:59 AM »
Yeah, his daddy made sure the days of Reagan were over. Despite campaigning on a promise to continue them, of course.

Yup, the Reagan Revolution ended the day Bush-I was crowned...Reagan was just an 8 year speedbump in the multigenerational trip down progressive avenue...just pick your speed - fast or slow...the Reagan plan of hitting the breaks and throwing it in reverse didn't take too long to betray...maybe it was foolish trying to stop it...we could be coming out of The Troubles by now instead of going into it...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
...and he's still talking.

Ted Cruz: Hecklers are Obama operatives: http://bcove.me/ohzwhn9t
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Ted Cruz is swinging back
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2013, 08:39:06 AM »
This is the guy, God willing, who will bring about a fundamental transformation of the GOP. Whether or not the nation will survive the fracture of the only political opposition to the Marxists is an unknown. But it needs to happen.

Cruz Warns Senate GOP: ‘Consequences’ for Supporting ‘Lousy Deal’

According to Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, it’s his colleagues, more than anyone, who should be blamed for the failure of the defund-Obamacare campaign — and he expects conservatives to remember come primary season.

“Unfortunately, rather than supporting House Republicans, a significant number of Senate Republicans actively, aggressively, and vocally led the effort to defeat House Republicans, to defeat the effort to defund Obamacare,” Cruz says, in an interview with National Review. “Once Senate Republicans did that, it crippled the chances of this effort, and it caused the lousy deal.”

When pressed to cite specific Republican senators who may face primary trouble, Cruz refuses — “I’m not interested in a battle of personalities.” But he strongly urges conservatives to hold those lawmakers “accountable.”

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2013, 03:12:02 PM »
The survival of the nation as currently constituted is a point no longer needing debate, it is over...but the case must be made before shat meets fan...the people (as many as possible) need to know that the democrats and their progressive partners in crime in the GOP are responsible for the collapse...

I just hope Ted and his fellow champions of liberty live long enough to make it to that point...

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/329397-authorities-looking-into-threat-against-sen-ted-cruz

Something tells me trying to do anything stupid toward Ted would be a foolish act to attempt...and just think how slaying a madman in defense of himself would boost Ted's popularity!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Ted Cruz is swinging back
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2013, 04:32:16 PM »
This is the guy, God willing, who will bring about a fundamental transformation of the GOP. Whether or not the nation will survive the fracture of the only political opposition to the Marxists is an unknown. But it needs to happen.

According to Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, it’s his colleagues, more than anyone, who should be blamed for the failure of the defund-Obamacare campaign — and he expects conservatives to remember come primary season.

“Unfortunately, rather than supporting House Republicans, a significant number of Senate Republicans actively, aggressively, and vocally led the effort to defeat House Republicans, to defeat the effort to defund Obamacare,” Cruz says, in an interview with National Review. “Once Senate Republicans did that, it crippled the chances of this effort, and it caused the lousy deal.”

When pressed to cite specific Republican senators who may face primary trouble, Cruz refuses — “I’m not interested in a battle of personalities.” But he strongly urges conservatives to hold those lawmakers “accountable.”

He's just fighting back and he need to do to the repubs what they did to him. The rinos think that we don't know that they want to kill Cruz off just as bad a the demonrats so he doesn't pick up too much steam and run them over.

He should campaign in every state against every senator that  mouthed off against him,starting with MacCain and Graham.  Hell dump them and the rest will come to see the light.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Ted Cruz is swinging back
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2013, 07:21:18 PM »

Ed Morrisey, not helping ...

Cruz laid the blame on Senate Republicans attacking House Republicans during the shutdown ...

Well, the attacks went both ways, and that started before the shutdown. When Cruz and Mike Lee pushed hard for the defunding strategy and the shutdown tactics, their allies attacked Republicans who opposed those strategic choices as “voting for ObamaCare,” a charge that FreedomWorks continued this week. At the same time, Peter King and John McCain rushed to television to call conservatives crazy, stupid, or both. Both sides seemed intent on ignoring the fact that opposition to ObamaCare is one of the few issues that unites the GOP, and has for four years, and that opposition to strategy is not the same thing as opposition to end goals.

Besides getting the timeline wrong, there's a big difference between Cruz' "allies" attacking and actual congressweasels spouting their opprobrium before the cameras.  If Ed's got some criticism to put forth, he ought to aim it at the right parties instead of doing the "everybody was wrong" BS.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2013, 08:19:49 AM »
Hot Air got deleted from my daily reading link stack a couple of weeks ago.  I get nothing out of it, anymore.  Whether it's Ed taking on the air of someone that's not part of the establishment, to hiring out more of the writing duties to interns, I don't know.  I do know they've lost their mojo, for whatever reasons.

Rocketman/KarlMagnus/Sockpuppetboy still hangs out there, though.  That more than anything, speaks to their remaining audience.