Author Topic: $10,000 Worth of Goats Stolen from Hawaii Farm - like this. Really?  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
Ya know, growing up in a military family of hunters, fisherman and farmers I've always had a natural respect and love for animals. We were always taught to respect both domestic animals as well as wildlife and take good care of them. Always. Without exception. I think it goes without without saying that I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but when I see senseless crap like this my head wants to explode.

http://www.khon2.com/2013/09/22/kahuku-goats-stolen-bound-and-duct-taped/

And this.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/24/outrage-after-police-shoot-this-well-known-neighborhood-dog/

Excerpt: Valdese Police Chief Jack Moss told the news station that his officers felt threatened by the dog and decided to use lethal force. He refused to appear on camera in the event that the Woody family decides to take legal action, though Woody said she doesn’t think she’ll file a lawsuit.

The dog did not bite or injure anyone before it was shot,
according to the report.

Don't get me wrong - I realize these are two different issues. One regarding thieves while the other involving cops blowing away a dog that they may or may not been aggressive. On the other hand, I also see where the waters are being tested with not only our domestic animals as well as, in many cases, animals that provide an absolute livelihood for much of America. This topic not only outrages me as a pet owner but as a conservative. Frankly? If anyone ever looked at my dog wrong - cop, thief or otherwise - the best that you can hope for is to be unemployed.  ::rockets::

Okay - [/rant]

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: $10,000 Worth of Goats Stolen from Hawaii Farm - like this. Really?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 07:32:47 PM »
Ya know, growing up in a military family of hunters, fisherman and farmers I've always had a natural respect and love for animals. We were always taught to respect both domestic animals as well as wildlife and take good care of them. Always. Without exception. I think it goes without without saying that I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but when I see senseless crap like this my head wants to explode.

http://www.khon2.com/2013/09/22/kahuku-goats-stolen-bound-and-duct-taped/

Worse than horse thieves -- and we used to hang them.

And this.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/24/outrage-after-police-shoot-this-well-known-neighborhood-dog/

Excerpt: Valdese Police Chief Jack Moss told the news station that his officers felt threatened by the dog and decided to use lethal force. He refused to appear on camera in the event that the Woody family decides to take legal action, though Woody said she doesn’t think she’ll file a lawsuit.

The dog did not bite or injure anyone before it was shot,
according to the report.

Don't get me wrong - I realize these are two different issues. One regarding thieves while the other involving cops blowing away a dog that they may or may not been aggressive. On the other hand, I also see where the waters are being tested with not only our domestic animals as well as, in many cases, animals that provide an absolute livelihood for much of America. This topic not only outrages me as a pet owner but as a conservative. Frankly? If anyone ever looked at my dog wrong - cop, thief or otherwise - the best that you can hope for is to be unemployed.  ::rockets::

Okay - [/rant]

SOP for the cops these days ..... 'cause if they feeeeeel threatened.  Job one for cops today is "getting home safe" at the end of the day.  You and your dog ... not so much.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 07:43:28 PM »
I would really like to see one of these assclown "Officers" get sued into death.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »
Pandora and Ben- exactly. Something needs to be done. Just another way of chipping away at us.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 08:26:45 PM »
Here's another assclown cop, caught red handed stealing a man's pro-2nd Amendment sign from his yard: http://moonbattery.com/?p=37024

I guess he'll get a taxpayer-funded vacation while they deliberate and conclude a perfunctory slap on the wrist is in order.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »
Here's another assclown cop, caught red handed stealing a man's pro-2nd Amendment sign from his yard: http://moonbattery.com/?p=37024

I guess he'll get a taxpayer-funded vacation while they deliberate and conclude a perfunctory slap on the wrist is in order.

Yep - I saw that too. Unfreakingreal.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »
Police are largely paid security for politicos...to serve and protect the ruling class...others not so lucky, others rights not so precious...

Never did get the mistreatment of any animal...likely the goatnappers probably are of some underclass elements where treating anything or anyone is not a high priority...Adams said it best that if property rights are ever eroded that tyranny will ensue, and tyranny can from any direction...from the PTBs down or from below by mean masses...

Senselessness of all manner and sort appears to be the only real growth industry now days...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 11:29:48 PM »
I can't even read articles or watch news reports about animals being abused. It's one of my buttons. It really pisses me off. I'm no treehugger, but I believe we have the responsibility to be humane stewards of animals. They experience pain, both physically and emotionally, and anyone who would cause that deliberately is a real POS.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 07:24:54 AM »
I know one thing, my grandfather never put up with it.

I recall a long deceased uncle of mine (not the sharpest knife in the drawer, to be kind) had a notion to raise pigs for extra cash...the animals were poorly quartered, poorly fed and generally in poor shape...my grandfather gave him one warning to take better care of the livestock or he would take care of things himself...my uncle either misunderstood or didn't care...my grandfather checked on them one more time, saw they were worse off and slaughtered the animals quickly and humanely and told my uncle his pig farming days are over.  We raise animals for food and that is fine, but there is no excuse for not tending to them properly!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 09:41:10 AM »
That's how I was raised, too, Libertas.
God gave us Dominion over all the earth and the animals.
We must treat them well.
Many of my animals are meat and I believe in taking good care of them.

Pragmatically, it makes sense even if there were no other reason.

I bought a book over the weekend at the Mother Earth News Fair here in Pa.
It's called "Animals Make Us Human"
Just starting but it's about a man who works in the meat industry.
It's not one of those animals have souls and are equal to us types

Animals do make us human. If we can't be kind to them we probably won't be kind to our fellow man

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »
 ::thumbsup::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 03:18:49 PM »
I bought a book over the weekend at the Mother Earth News Fair here in Pa.
It's called "Animals Make Us Human"

author?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 04:25:57 PM »
Temple Grandin.

I'm not far enough into the book to determine if it is something worth reading.

The title caught my eye and gave me an opportunity to talk about things with my daughter

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »
for anyone else interested excerpt found at author's website:

http://www.grandin.com/inc/animals.make.us.human.ch1.html
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 07:35:27 PM »
What she writes about natural and "natural" environments is very interesting.  From much limited exposure to dogs and cats, I have come to learn that they are happier when allowed and encouraged to be what they are -- some of my friends treat their dogs like children, not dogs, and the dogs seem confused and unhappy.

Dogs are pack animals; they need a pack and an Alpha -- oh! and a JOB!  Figure that out and y'all and the dog will get on fine.

Cats, although I've had more to do with them, still are an enigma to me.  I know they'll hunt when they don't need to do it to eat, that they need something on which to climb, and they seem to need a lot of stimulation.  When they're not sleeping or eating.   ::eyes::

There is a group here in NC calling themselves DOC -- Dogs Off Chains -- and they've made it their current mission to annoy the living sh*te out of folks who chain their dogs outside, claiming abuse and neglect and blahblah on behalf of the dogs.  Their solution is "fences"; that's what they call them, although they're pens.  They claim the dogs are happier, no matter how long the chain, in a pen.

I think they're happier inside with the pack.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »
What she writes about natural and "natural" environments is very interesting.  From much limited exposure to dogs and cats, I have come to learn that they are happier when allowed and encouraged to be what they are -- some of my friends treat their dogs like children, not dogs, and the dogs seem confused and unhappy.

Dogs are pack animals; they need a pack and an Alpha -- oh! and a JOB!  Figure that out and y'all and the dog will get on fine.

Cats, although I've had more to do with them, still are an enigma to me.  I know they'll hunt when they don't need to do it to eat, that they need something on which to climb, and they seem to need a lot of stimulation.  When they're not sleeping or eating.   ::eyes::

There is a group here in NC calling themselves DOC -- Dogs Off Chains -- and they've made it their current mission to annoy the living sh*te out of folks who chain their dogs outside, claiming abuse and neglect and blahblah on behalf of the dogs.  Their solution is "fences"; that's what they call them, although they're pens.  They claim the dogs are happier, no matter how long the chain, in a pen.

I think they're happier inside with the pack.

It's easy to figure out.

Dogs have owners.
Cats have staff.

You're welcome.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
Good - thanks for the great responses, everyone. You all are awesome!  ::thumbsup::

I think another thing that really, really pisses me off about Animal Abuse is that (naturally) the Left claimed responsibility for being on the forefront of defending this issue. How in the hell did they get away with this?

BS. Plain and simple. In fact, I would wager that more right-leaning folks care about animal care than any crap-tastic left-leaning org ever has. In fact (forgive me if I'm stating the obvious but I'm new to the board and don't want to come across as an unhinged fool shooting from the hip) I find it reprehensible that terrorist orgs such as PETA & ALF can possibly still be getting away w/ the fact that they are for animal rights. Really? Freaking...REALLY? Uggh...makes me crazy.

I heard years ago not to trust the Human Society and never have (thankfully.) Heard on Glenn Beck that he's going to be doing a story on this very organization. Turns out Lois Lerner sits on the board. 'Magine that. Frankly? I'm considering taking measures to further make awareness of these A-Hats. They would never see me coming. Yeah - that's how pissed I am.

Okay - again, thanks for hearing my rant.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 08:04:33 PM »
I heard Beck talking about Lerner on Monday. Basically saying, "If you're giving money to the Humane Society, you need to stop. right. now."
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 08:05:29 PM »
Pandora! Yes - dogs need jobs - just like we do. I always think of water dogs - and well, who could forget these guys?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_%28dog%29

Speaking of which I have bad-breathed Lab under my feet right now wanting her nightly treat, lol!

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 08:06:21 PM »
I heard Beck talking about Lerner on Monday. Basically saying, "If you're giving money to the Humane Society, you need to stop. right. now."

Yup - same thing that I heard.  ;)