Author Topic: Well, the mayors are on board with a police state  (Read 2031 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Well, the mayors are on board with a police state
« on: September 27, 2013, 10:00:13 AM »
http://www.katc.com/news/new-orleans-philadelphia-mayors-to-speak-on-crime-272676/

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The nation must get together to fight the violence that is killing thousands of young black men nationwide every year, New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu and Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter say.

Last year, 193 people were killed in New Orleans, 331 in Philadelphia and 14,827 nationwide - and most of them were young African-Americans, they said in remarks prepared for a turn-and-turn-about speech Thursday at the National Press Club in Washington.

People murdered in this country from 1980 through 2012 outnumber all U.S. deaths in every war from World War I on, Landrieu said.

He said part of the solution could be for Congress and the president to redirect nearly $14 billion spent to build police departments in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Mexico and Columbia to a program to put more police on the beat in cities across America.

"We need to redirect federal resources back to the home front," he said in his prepared remarks. "We need Congress to treat fighting murder and violent crime as a national priority."

After 2,977 people were killed on Sept. 11, 2001, the United States created the Department of Homeland Security and its Transportation Security Administration, and got into "two wars costing thousands of lives and trillions of dollars," Nutter said in his prepared remarks.

But "thousands of black men and boys, and many other Americans die every day in our country and virtually nothing happens," he said.

"This is serious - we need a Domestic Security Agency, because we have a violence problem in America," Nutter said

So Homeland Security isn't enough for this azzhat? He wants more?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Well, the mayors are on board with a police state
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 10:14:22 AM »
Hmmmm.... so the majority of the murder victims are Black huh? I wonder what color the majority of murderers might be?

::thinking::

Regardless of skin color, this is an urban problem, not a national problem. I'm sorry, but if humanimals in the inner city are going to blow each other away because they have no sense of right and wrong, I don't see it as my concern. I feel bad for them, but they have chosen a life of bondage, squalor, irresponsibility, and immorality. There's only so many things I can care about and feel responsible for.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 10:38:50 AM »
But "thousands of black men and boys, and many other Americans kill every day in our country and virtually nothing happens," he said.

Fixed for clarity

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »
But "thousands of black men and boys, and many other Americans kill every day in our country and virtually nothing happens," he said.

Fixed for clarity

Great translation.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:43:26 AM »
Hmmmm.... so the majority of the murder victims are Black huh? I wonder what color the majority of murderers might be?

::thinking::

Regardless of skin color, this is an urban problem, not a national problem. I'm sorry, but if humanimals in the inner city are going to blow each other away because they have no sense of right and wrong, I don't see it as my concern. I feel bad for them, but they have chosen a life of bondage, squalor, irresponsibility, and immorality. There's only so many things I can care about and feel responsible for.

I don't feel bad for them.

We need to erect a 40' high fenced "playground", electrified, arm all of them, and let them fight it out. Problems solved!
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 12:48:22 PM »
Run up the white flag of surrender and cry for a new super agency to deal with what they refuse to deal with and if all are oppressed by a gigantic stormtrooper outfit, well, who could possibly be against that?...Yeah, sounds like AmerikanTard illogic to me. 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 01:10:48 PM »
blacks who grew up without family are running around out of control

let's see how can we fix that?

another government agency!!

yes!! because all the other ones are so successful!

::bashing::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 01:21:47 PM »
SSDD.   

'slims here only for the bennies are running around out of control, blowing up and attempting to blow sh*t up.

Let's see, how can we fix that?

Another government agency, with lots of 'slims working there, that treats everybody not-'slim as a potential terrorist.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »
SSDD.   

'slims here only for the bennies are running around out of control, blowing up and attempting to blow sh*t up.

Let's see, how can we fix that?

Another government agency, with lots of 'slims working there, that treats everybody not-'slim as a potential terrorist.

Or injections of lead.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 12:43:17 AM »
Everything is the White Man's Burden. This "national" tragedy is hardly national at all. It's quite very specific in scope. What annoys me most about this never ending lamentation is that it's always just assumed to be the consequence of some sort of systemic problem for which "we" are "all" at fault. Bollocks to that. It's just another largely self-inflicted grievance to be used to shake down Whitey. What, the literally trillions and trillions of dollars pissed away since LBJ hasn't put a dent in the "systemic" problems? Well you don't say!

Sadly, a few centuries too late
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly