Author Topic: 25 RINOs Join Democrats, Allow CR To Proceed With DumbassCare Funding  (Read 3899 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: 25 RINOs Join Democrats, Allow CR To Proceed With DumbassCare Funding
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 08:35:48 PM »
  I'm sure it's all for the children.(were the children) ::saywhat::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 07:42:02 AM »
OK, so Lindsay and McCain got their way and the senate voted to fund Obamacare,
now, is it my understanding that Obama won't accuse the GOP of shutting down the government anymore?

Maybe it is your understanding, but he's still doing it.

Saturday's weekly address ....

"It’s also the day that a group of far-right Republicans in Congress might choose to shut down the government and potentially damage the economy just because they don’t like this law."

I'm listening to the Rats, and I can't seem to tell the difference in the way they are treating the GOP, so what did we accomplish in implementing McCain's and the establishment's strategy?

Just curious.........

Current events:

"House Republicans said Saturday they will try to pass another stopgap spending bill that delays President Obama’s health law for one year, in a final effort to try to put a dent in Obamacare before more of it takes effect next week — but Democrats immediately shot the plan down, saying it virtually guarantees a government shutdown.

Emerging from a closed-door meeting, Republicans said they’ll vote late Saturday on the one-year delay, a separate repeal of one of Obamacare’s taxes, and on a bill that specifically funds the troops to make sure they aren’t held hostage as both sides race toward a shutdown.

But Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told the House not to bother, calling it “pointless” and repeating his vow to have his Democratic majority defeat anything the House sends over.

Democrats’ refusal to entertain any conditions on a stopgap spending bill is further angering Republicans, who said Mr. Reid will eventually have to engage in talks."

The Left is lying through their teeth about "a government shutdown".  Non-essential services will cease for a while, some paychecks will be delayed until "government" re-opens, and, of course, they're going to inflict as much pain on the people they want to hurt as they can ....

If the government shuts down Oct. 1 commissaries stateside will be closed starting Oct. 2, according to officials with the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA).

"If Congress cannot pass a budget or continuing resolution that creates funding for all aspects of the US government by the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30, the government will be forced to shut down, ending many services seen as “non-essential” until funding is created. If the shutdown extends into mid-October servicemembers will not receive a mid-month paycheck, but will instead be given “back pay” after funding is passed by Congress and signed by President Barrack Obama. Many civilian workers will be also be temporarily furloughed and will not receive back pay."
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 07:54:52 AM »
Exactly my point. The establishment GOP senators rejected Ted Cruz's strategy to prevent what the Democrats are doing anyway. I'm glad the House sent it back with the one year delay, but no matter what, the Democrats and media will always blame the conservatives.(tea party)

The other strategy bandied about is for the GOP to let them have their way with healthcare, so that they can take ownership of the failure. Of course, that is what the Democrats want by design, so they can implement nationalizing of the entire healthcare industry.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 08:06:12 AM »
Exactly my point. The establishment GOP senators rejected Ted Cruz's strategy to prevent what the Democrats are doing anyway. I'm glad the House sent it back with the one year delay, but no matter what, the Democrats and media will always blame the conservatives.(tea party)

Exactly, so the point of playing nice, i.e. negotiating with them is what?

The other strategy bandied about is for the GOP to let them have their way with healthcare, so that they can take ownership of the failure. Of course, that is what the Democrats want by design, so they can implement nationalizing of the entire healthcare industry.

Again, exactly.

Wonder when the Presstitutes are going to realize they are not exempted from the coming disaster; that there's a good chance the media moguls will dump them into the exchanges, too.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 08:18:20 AM »
I'm glad the House sent it back with the one year delay, . . .

I'm not.  A one year delay puts the onerous debacle that is OwebamaCare off until after the 2014 elections, which ultimately helps the Dems.

The bill was passed and signed into law by Democrats.  In the next election, they should be made to eat that shyt sandwich they are shoving down our throats.  With a delay, the deleterious effects on our economy of this new law will be 'out of sight, out of mind' come 2014.  But if the shyt was hitting the fan next year, then there would be a good chance to win back the Senate and keep the House.  Repeal or defunding would be a whole lot easier if this shyt sandwich went into full effect, as all laws are supposed to go into effect at a certain point in time not, as in this case, dragging out the rollout so to ease the pain.  Just how in the hell is OwebamaCare not going to entail massive amounts of pain, delay or no?  Like I said, better the shyt hits the fan before the 2014 midterms.  But it seems the stupid party is quite comfortable being stupid and they are handing the Dems the advantage -- without a fight, natch.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 10:07:42 AM »
Should rename the party after Neville Chamberlain....the Appeasement Party" and be done with it.
How about a new icon for that Appeasement Party.

McCain kissing Obama's ass.
Lindsey Graham kissing McCain's ass.

How about a new slogan fro them as well.
"Free Healthcare in our time!"
"f**k the American People"
"We know better than you"

Feel free to add your suggestions. When we have winner, we can mail to ti Reince.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 10:37:26 AM »
Update: Jonathan Strong is reporting that Kevin McCarthy is already planning on using last night's bill as a means of caving even further.

He is floating the idea of passing a clean CR with a provision eliminating the congressional exclusion - offering no relief for the American people.  Let the self-negotiations begin...

ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2013, 10:45:11 AM »
Should rename the party after Neville Chamberlain....the Appeasement Party" and be done with it.
How about a new icon for that Appeasement Party.

McCain kissing Obama's ass.
Lindsey Graham kissing McCain's ass.

I think they made a movie about that....

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2013, 11:20:05 AM »
Last I heard House moving ahead with one year delay, whatever...still means a shutdown is inevitable because the dems need that crisis to get the whole leftist cabal doing what they do best - lie and demonize...then it's just waiting for the inevitable collapse of the Pubbies with hands thrown upm in the air and exclamations from one group "we don't have the votes" and from the Chamberlian Group I told you so's about "futility and unconstructive efforts" of Cruz and other radicals.

These sosnsofbitches haven't seen radical yet.  Say hello to Oblivion GOP, your fate is sealed.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2013, 11:41:50 AM »
It may well be naive, but I have hope that the battle taking place within the GOP now can be won. People like Paul, Cruz, and Lee give me that hope.

Now, whether that hope can manifest in time to save the country is another question entirely. But at least it gives me something upon which to focus positive energy and effort.

I don't think there are enough people like Paul, Cruz and Lee to win it. Its pretty obvious that the Establishment GOP is entirely bought and paid for, and ready to do the will of the Statists. There are simply too many leftist sympathizers  in the GOP - they will sabotage any real effort within that structure- often before it starts.  Its 3rd party or nothing from here on out.But, as I have pointed out,  even if you win EVERY ELECTION with a loyal true American who will stand up for individual liberty, Limited Government and the rule of Law,  this boat has already hit the iceberg. .  The hope cannot manifest in time to save the country, the water is going to fill the required number of compartments to make this thing sink.  It can't be stopped now. Its just a matter of time because he debts simply can't be paid at this point. Someone, somewhere takes a haircut, and when that happens, especially with the Entitled Broke Thugs that dominate now, you get riots, crime, rape and something that looks like a war zone as they rally against those "selfish" people who took their benefits away.  Look at Europe. Any attempt to implement "austerity" simply makes things worse - both socially and monetarily. The economy is crack- addicted to the Fed printing now.  Just mentioning the word "taper" starts pulling the house of cards down.  The Left will blame the greed of capitalism regardless of the truth, but why give them scapegoats at the political level in the form of our best leaders  to help them in that cause?

It can't be saved. This isn't our republic, and the administration has made it clear that the power of the government will now be used as a weapon to persecute and violate the rights of others. The rule of law is dead. The consent of the governed is not required.   1/2 of the population is not "american" is anything but a geographic sense, and believes in their heart of hearts that a Majority has the right to enslave a minorty - that anyone can and should  be sacrificed if they can advance the  "common good" by doing so.
There is nothing left to "save" but you and yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 11:55:31 AM »
Or to try to turn a frown upside down (as much as one can) - Plan for the worst, hope for the best.   ;)

Offline Eupher

• Newb
    • Euph's site
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2013, 12:02:02 PM »
I called Blunt's office on Thursday and told the woman on the phone that the Senator had best vote NO on the cloture vote.

The bastard voted yes.  ::cussing::

This convinces it for me. Mark Levin is spot-friggin'-on in his book "The Liberty Amendments." The Senate doesn't march to the drumbeat of the people any more, this falling right in line with the fact that the 17th Amendment nicely cloaked the idea that senators would in fact do that since the people vote for those critters, rather than the State legislatures, which is what it should be.

Not to derail the thread at all, but when the 17th Amendment was ratified, that removed the States from that equation and the power reverted to the special interests and power brokers in that festering cesspool known as D.C.
U.S. Army, Retired

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2013, 01:29:39 PM »
Yep. I touched on that same point in another post, how IMO you could argue that the overarching theme of American politics in the 20th Century was a gradual transformation from republican to democratic concepts, the 17th Amendment being a good example.

It's no accident or coincidence that our two major parties are called Democrats and Republicans. The distinction used to be there. The Founders rightly rejected the concept of democracy in favor of representative republic, because democracies are always undone by the vices and failings of human beings. That's another significant part of the Founders' wisdom: they were guided by Providence and knew that Man is a fallen being, and his sinful nature irredeemable by any act of his own. They crafted a system of government that accepted this reality and tried to stymie Man's baser inclinations by checks and balances. Give Man the ability to rule by the whim of simple majority and you end up with tyranny: the proverbial 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what's for dinner.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2013, 03:06:59 PM »
William Jennings Bryan and the Progressives gave us that disaster, and it did nothing to address the issues that gave illegitimate birth to this abomination but in fact it heightened them and the Federal government gained more foothold into the states and the evils of democracy began to erode the Republic the Founders created and look at the outhouse we've become!

Offline Eupher

• Newb
    • Euph's site
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2013, 03:39:40 PM »
William Jennings Bryan and the Progressives gave us that disaster, and it did nothing to address the issues that gave illegitimate birth to this abomination but in fact it heightened them and the Federal government gained more foothold into the states and the evils of democracy began to erode the Republic the Founders created and look at the outhouse we've become!

Wilson did us no favors either, the racist bastard.
U.S. Army, Retired

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2013, 04:10:40 PM »
The Senate doesn't march to the drumbeat of the people any more...

I was always under the impression that they never did and that it was by design. The House of Representatives is supposed to fulfill that requirement whereas the Senate is supposed to act as a brake on the House. The two legislative bodies are supposed to compliment/oppose each other in that way. You have the House where everyone is up for re-election every two years: very responsive to the will of the voters. And then you have the Senate which only has a third up for re-election every two years with each member locked in for six: very unresponsive to the will of the voters. (Of course there were other considerations*) The idea being that it was supposed to make it rather difficult to get legislation written and that goal is a good one. Obviously, it has not worked out exactly to plan.

*The other distinction between the two legislative bodies being one is representative of the population of a given state and the other was not so as to prevent states with lots of voters from ransacking lower populated states...i.e. we have to put up with places like Rhode Island.

I have not read Levin's latest book but having heard him speak of it I get the sense that his main thrust is that the entire legislative system has been corrupted to the point where even the House is not responsive to the voters, that other forces are driving the legislation or lack thereof, and that his prescription is for the states to take power back by way of Constitutional amendment. I personally think that it is too late even for that last ditch effort because the corruption has roots that reach into the states themselves. The state legislatures and the state executive branches are, for lack of a better allegory, the farm leagues for the federal legislatures. The wheeling and dealing, the conniving and treachery start at the state level now. Take, for instance, the Colorado state legislature which couldn't wait to pass anti-tun measures even in the face of massive voter objection. These lawmakers didn't run on this platform but they acted on it just as soon as possible. Why? They are Democrats and this is how you get noticed in the big leagues...this is how you get selected to make speeches at the national conventions and how you eventually get nominated to run for higher office within the party. A couple of them got recalled and that will put the brakes on any further far left craziness, the high profile stuff, anyway. But they got their way and the laws are still in place so big victory. I wouldn't count the recalled legislators out, either. There is a good possibility that they will get picked for some nice position somewhere. They take care of their own.

So...I am just not sure that Levin's strategy is going to bear fruit. I understand what he is trying to do. He doesn't want to give up and let it burn. That's admirable. But I'm afraid that it is also a doomed strategy. Our country is like a seriously down and out alcoholic who, as bad as he is, hasn't hit bottom yet and therefor clings to his bottle and refuses to dry out once and for all. He will eventually hit bottom and reform or die. Same with the country.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Eupher

• Newb
    • Euph's site
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »
The Senate doesn't march to the drumbeat of the people any more...

I was always under the impression that they never did and that it was by design. The House of Representatives is supposed to fulfill that requirement whereas the Senate is supposed to act as a brake on the House. The two legislative bodies are supposed to compliment/oppose each other in that way. You have the House where everyone is up for re-election every two years: very responsive to the will of the voters. And then you have the Senate which only has a third up for re-election every two years with each member locked in for six: very unresponsive to the will of the voters. (Of course there were other considerations*) The idea being that it was supposed to make it rather difficult to get legislation written and that goal is a good one. Obviously, it has not worked out exactly to plan.

*The other distinction between the two legislative bodies being one is representative of the population of a given state and the other was not so as to prevent states with lots of voters from ransacking lower populated states...i.e. we have to put up with places like Rhode Island.

I have not read Levin's latest book but having heard him speak of it I get the sense that his main thrust is that the entire legislative system has been corrupted to the point where even the House is not responsive to the voters, that other forces are driving the legislation or lack thereof, and that his prescription is for the states to take power back by way of Constitutional amendment. I personally think that it is too late even for that last ditch effort because the corruption has roots that reach into the states themselves. The state legislatures and the state executive branches are, for lack of a better allegory, the farm leagues for the federal legislatures. The wheeling and dealing, the conniving and treachery start at the state level now. Take, for instance, the Colorado state legislature which couldn't wait to pass anti-tun measures even in the face of massive voter objection. These lawmakers didn't run on this platform but they acted on it just as soon as possible. Why? They are Democrats and this is how you get noticed in the big leagues...this is how you get selected to make speeches at the national conventions and how you eventually get nominated to run for higher office within the party. A couple of them got recalled and that will put the brakes on any further far left craziness, the high profile stuff, anyway. But they got their way and the laws are still in place so big victory. I wouldn't count the recalled legislators out, either. There is a good possibility that they will get picked for some nice position somewhere. They take care of their own.

So...I am just not sure that Levin's strategy is going to bear fruit. I understand what he is trying to do. He doesn't want to give up and let it burn. That's admirable. But I'm afraid that it is also a doomed strategy. Our country is like a seriously down and out alcoholic who, as bad as he is, hasn't hit bottom yet and therefor clings to his bottle and refuses to dry out once and for all. He will eventually hit bottom and reform or die. Same with the country.

You are correct about the Senate's role. It was never intended to be a representative body like the House. Instead, it was meant to be a body patterned similarly to the House of Lords - a body of fewer politicians, from wealth even, but who were beholden to the States as opposed to the people directly.

I said it poorly -- without the 17th Amendment, the Senate would have adhered to and remained accountable to the States' legislatures and, indirectly, to the people in that fashion. Consequently, the Senate would not be subject to the whims and the fancies of the people necessarily, in the same fashion that the more numerically superior lower House of Congress would naturally be.

And yes, Levin absolutely promotes the idea that the politicians have corrupted themselves (and we have allowed that) by themselves believing that they are superior to the people who put them there. The Framers believed firmly that those serving in Congress were actually demoted from the People in order to serve there; and for that reason, politicians were never intended to be professional or even to collect anything but an honorarium for the privilege of serving. After their period of service, they would return to private life and thus be promoted.

Those who seek political office -- on both sides of the proverbial aisle -- are really nothing more than selfish ideologues who have their eyes on the Great Public Teat From Which to Feed. No sense of service there, but they like to have us believe that.

These days, of course, politicians actually believe their chosen job is a career path. Their first thought after election is re-election and form their necessary committees and fundraising to assure that happening.

I couldn't agree more with you about the decline of our country. Barry is determined to make that happen, and he's succeeding. He has lots of help, too. The sheeple and those who are utterly blind to see beyond their TV sets while it portrays people of dubious talent while they're being judged by people of even more dubious talent in the guise of entertainment known as American Idol stand by while our way of life swirls down the crapper.
U.S. Army, Retired

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »
The House of representatives were to represent the people, the Senate was to protect States' rights from the Federal government. Now, the Senate is a body that takes rights away from the states and shifts the power to the Federal government. 
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2013, 09:05:44 PM »
The House of representatives were to represent the people, the Senate was to protect States' rights from the Federal government. Now, the Senate is a body that takes rights away from the states and shifts the power to the Federal government.

And by extention to themselves,party be damned.  And for this we can blame our fellow Americans that keep the likes of McCain in office all the while knowing what he does and causes.

THANK YOU ARIZONA.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2013, 10:01:55 PM »
"Thank you" isn't quite the phrase I have in mind.