Author Topic: Yet Another Embattled Conservative Bangs on the Screen Door...  (Read 6542 times)

Offline Eupher

• Newb
    • Euph's site
Yet Another Embattled Conservative Bangs on the Screen Door...
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »
OldCoastie[insert some numbers here] let it be known that there's a place where it's possible to have some dialog about how our country was formed, and what happened along the way -- where one can discuss the issues of the day.

I'm a retired U.S. Army euphonium player. Yeah, I know -- most are probably saying, "Huh? WTF is that?!?" and to that I'll just post this:

I also play bass trombone and tuba, and since I do have a bit of a fan club, I'll show this:

Hidden behind me and on my right shoulder is an African grey parrot too. Her name is Phoebe. The redhead is an eclectus parrot and her name is Papagena.

Oh, here's another one with my fan club:

I stay musically active and therefore out of most kinds of trouble, but I've just recently purchased an upright string bass and am learning how to torture Mrs E with those dreadful sounds. When I've got somewhat of a handle on that, it'll be the bass guitar. Hey, you can't have too many instruments!

I do have a day job as a QA Manager for a major corporation and it's a great way to make a living.

When I'm not practicing all those instruments, I'm caring for the other half of our menagerie - three dogs that simply make an otherwise crappy day completely joyful.

Delighted to be here, and off we go!
U.S. Army, Retired

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Yet Another Embattled Conservative Bangs on the Screen Door...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 10:27:26 PM »
Welcome!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 11:09:01 PM »
Eupher!!!!!  ::snoopydance::  Glad you took my advice and came here! Methinks you'll like it!

A true and honest Conservative buddy from a forum on which I used to be a member!
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 11:32:56 PM »
I'm liking these new folks.

::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 11:33:58 PM »
Well, I like you folks, too!

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 07:23:06 AM »
Eupher!!!!!  ::snoopydance::  Glad you took my advice and came here! Methinks you'll like it!

A true and honest Conservative buddy from a forum on which I used to be a member!

May I ask from where you migrated?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tania513

• Likes the place
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »
 Eupher! ::beertoast::.  Hi!

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 10:34:36 AM »
TANIA!!!

WELCOME ABOARD!!!  :-*   ::thumbsup::  Another good conservative friend from that same forum!

How many more will take my advice?

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »

I had some personal issue there about veterans. I'd rather not specify any forum; no need to badmouth anyone.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 10:44:44 AM »
I'll add that almost everyone there is really nice, but trolls are allowed to participate for way too long, which is a violation of the TOS.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »
I'll add that almost everyone there is really nice, but trolls are allowed to participate for way too long, which is a violation of the TOS.

That is probably because, some people, like cats,   like to play with them a while..  I personally feel the Admins here are pretty good at letting a troll have their say ( as long as they are polite. ) and then expelling them once they devolve into the usual leftist "argument" of name calling and threats. Its a process that usually only takes a couple of hours and I am always disappointed when I miss it.

Offline Eupher

• Newb
    • Euph's site
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 11:39:33 AM »

Well, I know CG from Conservative Cave, where I've been for several years now; prior to that I was an Admin on USMILNET.COM, a site that's pretty much been overrun by Coasties.  ::speechless::   ::laughonfloor:: 

Spend a little time on Conservative Underground as well, and there are several musician forums that I frequently haunt.  ::unknowncomic::
U.S. Army, Retired

Offline Eupher

• Newb
    • Euph's site
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 11:40:32 AM »
U.S. Army, Retired

Offline Eupher

• Newb
    • Euph's site
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »

That is probably because, some people, like cats,   like to play with them a while..  I personally feel the Admins here are pretty good at letting a troll have their say ( as long as they are polite. ) and then expelling them once they devolve into the usual leftist "argument" of name calling and threats. Its a process that usually only takes a couple of hours and I am always disappointed when I miss it.

Yep, I'm one of those that likes to play with 'em awhile. In a recent case, however, it took the Admins a bit too long to get with the program and this particular troll, while he was outed as a poser pretty quickly, was allowed to infect the site far too long.

Scheisse passiert, though, and the troll was tossed out on what was left of his ear, but for CG the damage was done, evidently.  ::stirpot::
U.S. Army, Retired

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 11:47:10 AM »
Yes, it's always a badge of honor to get the first licks into a leftist troll before the Admins are forced to do their duty, we tease each other about missing the fun.  We have a wide range of topics we kick around here, obviously the current events drive a lot of that but there are interests aplenty to appeal to everyone.  Welcome aboard Eupher and all new folks!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »
We don't demand any kind of conservative litmus test for good standing here. But Leftists is another story. Once one is identified, their time here is pretty much limited. They are always 100% disingenuous, and never have an honest thing of value to contribute, and we've all suffered their web-presence at other places a million times over. Why suffer them here, in our house?

I know some like to kick them around a bit. The way I see it, there are plenty of places one can go on the Net to find Leftist trolls to kick. I'd rather have this be our sanctuary.

So while the occasional Leftist will show up and piss all over our living room floor, they are rare, and short-lived.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »
 ::clapping:: ::thumbsup::

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 02:30:04 PM »
In fairness, even someone who is relatively conservative, but would not behave with the proper decorum has been banished since I have been here. Decency, discussion, debate, and information have all been a part of this forum.  Speech is free, but when we turn against each other, we are not reallly part of each other any more, and the admins take their duty seriously.

“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 02:37:32 PM »
In fairness, even someone who is relatively conservative, but would not behave with the proper decorum has been banished since I have been here. Decency, discussion, debate, and information have all been a part of this forum.  Speech is free, but when we turn against each other, we are not reallly part of each other any more, and the admins take their duty seriously.

Yup. Another way of saying that assholes come in all ideological stripes, and yeah, assholes not welcome. lol

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Eupher

• Newb
    • Euph's site
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 02:41:39 PM »

Well said. Speaking as probably the N00biest of the N00bs, I don't mind my thinking challenged -- by a Leftist or any other Goofball. Gives me an opportunity to discuss the issues based on logic, facts, and the truth as I've encountered it.

That said, most Leftists don't come to a Conservative forum to be "part of the family." They usually come to disrupt, spread their goober dust, and take a dump on the carpet. Fortunately, these kinds of Leftists out themselves fairly quickly and just as quickly -- one hopes -- they are gone.

I just don't wanna have to be the one to clean up their mess after their nose has been rubbed in it.  ::unknowncomic::
U.S. Army, Retired